*Sleep Aid*

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For about a year now, I've been having problems sleeping. It's not hormonal because I had that checked already. Basically, being a Fire/Medic, and serving our great country before that, I developed a habit of sleeping very lightly. My brain is always ON ALERT. I've tried a list of sleep aids that not only did not work, but in fact made me more alert than I was before I took it. Now, I will refrain from naming them all because that would not do anything except look as if I'm bashing a product. (But trust me, there's one in the list that deserves bashing!)
Hell, I've even tried Ambien. NO, HELL NO! Let's just say I awakened in my truck, backing out with my Colt M4 on my passenger seat. NO WAY! Thank GOD that I did wake up! True story.

Anyway, my mother of all people found some all natural sleep aid while she was visiting my sister in Florida a few weeks ago. It worked! Oh my GOD does it work. I love Melatonin, but it does not work all that well for me all the time. This stuff has a few extra ingredients. I'll name what is in it, but not what it is called because it's not at our favorite E-Merchant, nor a sponsor.

HOPS
HOPS (from 4:1 extract) - An effective sedative used for centuries to induce sleep and relieve feelings of anxiety. Hops has a soothing and calming effect on the body and mind.

Passion Flower
The flavonoids in Passion Flower may be responsible for its relaxing and anti-anxiety effects. It has been used as an alternative medicine in the treatment of insomnia, nervous tension, and irritability.

Valerian Root Extract
Used for over 1,000 years, Valerian has been used in Europe as a popular sleep aid for insomnia, excitability and exhaustion, and may relieve nervous tensions, fatigue and menstrual cramps.

Chamomile Flower Extract
Has a soothing effect on humans. It has been used for centuries in teas as a mild, relaxing sleep aid. It is estimated that over one million cups of Chamomile tea are ingested worldwide each day.

Lavender Flower
Lavender is frequently used as an aid to sleep and relaxation. Seeds and flowers of the plant have been added to pillows for a relaxing, soothing bedtime effect. Lavender may result in improved sleep quality and reduced anxiety.

Orange Blossom
Used in the Mediterranean region for centuries as a sedative to help sleep and reduce stress.

Melatonin
Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland in the brain that helps our body know when it’s time to go to sleep and when it’s time to wake up. Melatonin diminishes the time it takes to fall asleep, may increase the duration of sleep, and reduce daytime fatigue.

This stuff is amazing! I have slept like a rock the past 4 nights. On average, I've been getting a solid 6 hours of sleep a night. This is good for me. Anything over that and I'm in a terrible mood, and/or have a headache. If you ever see this mix, give it a try - you will not regret it!

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i cant sleep if my life depended on it half the time and when i get a new sleep aid it will work for awhile that stop working after a few weeks or month of use. but by far the best supp i have tried is phenibut. so just recommending phenibut if you haven't tried it yet, not sure how it cant not you out at least most of the time. then again i wouldn't be surprised if you have tried it.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm lucky Melatonin has worked for me. Its so cheap.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i cant sleep if my life depended on it half the time and when i get a new sleep aid it will work for awhile that stop working after a few weeks or month of use. but by far the best supp i have tried is phenibut. so just recommending phenibut if you haven't tried it yet, not sure how it cant not you out at least most of the time. then again i wouldn't be surprised if you have tried it.
The problem with phenibut is that a tolerance is developed rapidy. Luckily 3 mcg or melatonin knocks me out like a rock although I try not to depend on melatonin too much because it may decrease sperm concentration. I found that just 5 minutes of deep breathing/clearing my mind before bed helps immensely. Usually the reason I can't sleep is because I've got so much on my mind, so clearing my mind --> faster sleep.

There are countless ways to do deep breathing techniques, just do a quick google search. Try a few different ones and see what works for you; for me I simply do deep breathing and focus on clearing my mind. Simple but efficient; 5 mins of focusing is much better than 45 mins of pillow-tossing!

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
sleep aids

I have tried samples of ALRI Lean Dreams and AMS Nocturinabol. The leans dreams work o.k., about as effective as melatonin for me. Have used Nocturinabol this week and it has been the bes thing I have tried so far. Has a bunch of good stuff in it. Keep in mind I have only tried ZMA (Valerian Root), Lean Dreams, Nocturinabol, and Melatonin.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my favorite is somnidren-gh. i still have't tried abyss tho

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I've also had some serious bouts with insomnia... the only thing that works for me is phenibut. I try to take it every other day to avoid tolerance. I find that it relaxes enough to make the next night easier too.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I should be getting my Somnidren samples any day now. I look forward to trying the product.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
srx600 - how did you respond to AMS's Noc?
I feel you dude, sleep sucks. I can never sleep through the night, especially working night turn on occasion. The Ambien story is crazy, glad to hear a bad scene was avoided. Thanks for the info bro, I'll have to look out for this product.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
The problem with phenibut is that a tolerance is developed rapidy. Luckily 3 mcg or melatonin knocks me out like a rock although I try not to depend on melatonin too much because it may decrease sperm concentration. I found that just 5 minutes of deep breathing/clearing my mind before bed helps immensely. Usually the reason I can't sleep is because I've got so much on my mind, so clearing my mind --> faster sleep.

There are countless ways to do deep breathing techniques, just do a quick google search. Try a few different ones and see what works for you; for me I simply do deep breathing and focus on clearing my mind. Simple but efficient; 5 mins of focusing is much better than 45 mins of pillow-tossing!
thanks for the tip. i hate how fast the tolerance builds up with phenibut but but it seems to work for sleep rather consistently although the anti anxiety affects diminish very quickly.

wow 3mcg's! a normal 3mg melatonin tablet must last you a life time huh?:lol:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mega Sleep Aid from Custom Capsule is great; Somnidren GH is better!

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Noc

The AMS Noc got me quite sleepy and helped me sleep easy. It's not too expensive either. I hope to get some samples of Som GH one day so I can compare.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah yeah. the mega sleep aid from custom capsule was a good one too

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Powerful: Helpedme tremendously with falling asleep however staying asleep is a whole different ball game. Im up every 2.5-3 hours.

Any advice here?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Somnidren GH looks solid, but I'm finished spending that much money on sleep aids. I've wasted too much on them as it is for them not to work.

Take X-Dream, for example, It gives a weird mental energy that prevents me from going to sleep.

I take Powerfull everyday, but sleep is the one area that it has not helped.

Phenibut does nothing for me either.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a lot of trouble falling to sleep for the same reasons Steveoph has mentioned. My mind races at a million miles an hour and on average I'll spend anywhere between 2-4 hours trying to get to sleep. If it's during the week and I have to work the next day, this usually results in only 3-4 hours sleep per night. It catches up on you to the point where one night I'll just hit the pillow and fall asleep straight away, and not wake up till 10 or 11 in the morning and I've missed half my day :(

I'm still looking for something that will help keep my sleep more regular (I'l be looking into matthew76's list of aids) and lately I've been experimenting with Phenibut trying to determine the correct dosages to take. This can be difficult as it obviously depends on your size and how quickly your body builds a tolerance. Last night I took two teaspoons at around 9:45, by 12am I felt drunk. At these levels it basically gives you the effects of alcohol, without actually drinking anything (apparently if you drink as well the effects are enhanced even further). It is now 2:30pm the following day and I am still completely off my face. I went down the street before to pick up some groceries and what would normally take me 10 minutes max, I spent over 45 minutes doing, all to fill one hand basket. It becomes hard to focus and you lose your train of thought quite easily, hence why it is good for sleep, but not for periods of extended use.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've had good success with Abyss. I only take it on off nights, as I work nights and don't get to bed until after 2am when working. On my off nights I get some serious solid sleep with it and feel great the next day. Melatonin helped me fall asleep, but didn't keep me asleep.

H

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
For about a year now, I've been having problems sleeping. It's not hormonal because I had that checked already. Basically, being a Fire/Medic, and serving our great country before that, I developed a habit of sleeping very lightly. My brain is always ON ALERT. I've tried a list of sleep aids that not only did not work, but in fact made me more alert than I was before I took it. Now, I will refrain from naming them all because that would not do anything except look as if I'm bashing a product. (But trust me, there's one in the list that deserves bashing!)
Hell, I've even tried Ambien. NO, HELL NO! Let's just say I awakened in my truck, backing out with my Colt M4 on my passenger seat. NO WAY! Thank GOD that I did wake up! True story.

Anyway, my mother of all people found some all natural sleep aid while she was visiting my sister in Florida a few weeks ago. It worked! Oh my GOD does it work. I love Melatonin, but it does not work all that well for me all the time. This stuff has a few extra ingredients. I'll name what is in it, but not what it is called because it's not at our favorite E-Merchant, nor a sponsor.

HOPS
HOPS (from 4:1 extract) - An effective sedative used for centuries to induce sleep and relieve feelings of anxiety. Hops has a soothing and calming effect on the body and mind.

Passion Flower
The flavonoids in Passion Flower may be responsible for its relaxing and anti-anxiety effects. It has been used as an alternative medicine in the treatment of insomnia, nervous tension, and irritability.

Valerian Root Extract
Used for over 1,000 years, Valerian has been used in Europe as a popular sleep aid for insomnia, excitability and exhaustion, and may relieve nervous tensions, fatigue and menstrual cramps.

Chamomile Flower Extract
Has a soothing effect on humans. It has been used for centuries in teas as a mild, relaxing sleep aid. It is estimated that over one million cups of Chamomile tea are ingested worldwide each day.

Lavender Flower
Lavender is frequently used as an aid to sleep and relaxation. Seeds and flowers of the plant have been added to pillows for a relaxing, soothing bedtime effect. Lavender may result in improved sleep quality and reduced anxiety.

Orange Blossom
Used in the Mediterranean region for centuries as a sedative to help sleep and reduce stress.

Melatonin
Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland in the brain that helps our body know when it’s time to go to sleep and when it’s time to wake up. Melatonin diminishes the time it takes to fall asleep, may increase the duration of sleep, and reduce daytime fatigue.

This stuff is amazing! I have slept like a rock the past 4 nights. On average, I've been getting a solid 6 hours of sleep a night. This is good for me. Anything over that and I'm in a terrible mood, and/or have a headache. If you ever see this mix, give it a try - you will not regret it!
Sounds good, except that Lavender and Hops are Estrogenic.

T

The King

Awards
Renufit from Muscle Fortress

Does the job everytime, im not gonna lie, youre a little groggy in the a.m. but one cup of coffee and your back to life after a deep restful slumber

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
MeloSleep is name of the mix that I have been taking. Man, it's really good!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somnidren GH looks solid, but I'm finished spending that much money on sleep aids. I've wasted too much on them as it is for them not to work.

Take X-Dream, for example, It gives a weird mental energy that prevents me from going to sleep.

I take Powerfull everyday, but sleep is the one area that it has not helped.

Phenibut does nothing for me either.
Matt i had the same problems you are currently having with sleep. Working nights for 5 years screwed up my sleeping to no end. I can honestly say that "The Abyss" and "Somnidren-GH" were both very effective in sleep aides for myself. Phenibut works too, but i have to dose it pretty high to gain effect. How high did you dose your phenibut?

In regard to your ambien sleepwalking nightmare, it seems these cases are really starting to pile up lately. I've had a few patients myself that were injured in the sleepwalking induced process of ambien.....one actually being a trauma alert. Ambien works well, but it seems that some of these adverse effects are really giving it a bad name recently.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I have a lot of trouble falling to sleep for the same reasons Steveoph has mentioned. My mind races at a million miles an hour and on average I'll spend anywhere between 2-4 hours trying to get to sleep. If it's during the week and I have to work the next day, this usually results in only 3-4 hours sleep per night. It catches up on you to the point where one night I'll just hit the pillow and fall asleep straight away, and not wake up till 10 or 11 in the morning and I've missed half my day :(

I'm still looking for something that will help keep my sleep more regular (I'l be looking into matthew76's list of aids) and lately I've been experimenting with Phenibut trying to determine the correct dosages to take. This can be difficult as it obviously depends on your size and how quickly your body builds a tolerance. Last night I took two teaspoons at around 9:45, by 12am I felt drunk. At these levels it basically gives you the effects of alcohol, without actually drinking anything (apparently if you drink as well the effects are enhanced even further). It is now 2:30pm the following day and I am still completely off my face. I went down the street before to pick up some groceries and what would normally take me 10 minutes max, I spent over 45 minutes doing, all to fill one hand basket. It becomes hard to focus and you lose your train of thought quite easily, hence why it is good for sleep, but not for periods of extended use.
thats because you took TWO TEASPOONS of it! i dont even want to think about that much. i cap my phenibut and i have some what of a "ghetto capping method" but it works (gets about 1.5 times more then i would with my capping machine, size 00) anyways i take two of those caps about an hour and a half before bed and it normally works great, and by the way i have a phenibut tolerance like no other, its real high. my point is that a little goes a long way. most people would probably start around 500mg when starting phenibut and work their way up as time goes on, i would estimate i take about 1800mg to sleep.