Sesamin Oil & X-factor Question - AnabolicMinds.com

Sesamin Oil & X-factor Question

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Sesamin Oil & X-factor Question

I know you're not suppose to take Omega-3's while on X-factor, but what about Sesamin Oil?

I don't mind stopping my fish oil intake for the period I'm on on X-factor, but do I need to stop my Sesamin Oil too?
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.

Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thanks, I gave it a read. I hope someone can share some more concrete information.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

It all comes down to how much you're taking.

Personally I would keep the sesamin and just make sure to not overdo it in terms of supplementing. Many people like to err on the low side with products like Cissus, Omega-3s, Sesamin, etc. simply because they want to get the most out of their 50 days. The limitations on X Factor and diet and slowly becoming more lenient and many have reported great feedback from the product even while supplementing with Fish oils.

Cissus is another debatable supplement however there is currently a product which contains both AA and Cissus and seems to get a lot of great feedback.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by cal62887 View Post
    It all comes down to how much you're taking.

Personally I would keep the sesamin and just make sure to not overdo it in terms of supplementing. Many people like to err on the low side with products like Cissus, Omega-3s, Sesamin, etc. simply because they want to get the most out of their 50 days. The limitations on X Factor and diet and slowly becoming more lenient and many have reported great feedback from the product even while supplementing with Fish oils.

Cissus is another debatable supplement however there is currently a product which contains both AA and Cissus and seems to get a lot of great feedback.
    Thanks for the feedback. I take the prescribed dosage of 1.25ml following meals, 3 x's daily. Sometimes I'll take it 4x's, it's uncommon, but it happens.

Maybe I'll just keep my Fish Oil dosage at a minimum dose following 3 meals daily like my Sesamin
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SesaThin's positive effects start at just 500mg/day (anti-O, liver and lipid protection), so you can still use it at a reduced dose and still reap some of the rewards.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    SesaThin's positive effects start at just 500mg/day (anti-O, liver and lipid protection), so you can still use it at a reduced dose and still reap some of the rewards.
    Heard good things about SesaThin... Thanks for the recommendation, Rodja
  8. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311;
    I know you're not suppose to take Omega-3's while on X-factor, but what about Sesamin Oil?

I don't mind stopping my fish oil intake for the period I'm on on X-factor, but do I need to stop my Sesamin Oil too?
    Sesame lignans/Sesamin directly inhibit arachidonic acid. More specifically, the lignans from sesame inhibit the expression of an enzyme known as delta-5 desaturase. This enzyme causes dietary fats to be converted into arachidonic acid, a precursor to the toxic inflammatory factors prostaglandin E2 and leukotriene B4. Furthermore, sesame lignans also multiply levels of useful DGLA (di-homogamma linolenic acid). DGLA is the precursor to prostaglandin E1 that, amongst others, suppresses inflammatory conditions. Supplementation with GLA (gamma linolenic acid), for instance through borage oil, also increases levels of DGLA and prostaglandin E1. As I cannot say how much sesamin/sesame lignans or GLA oil is "compatible" with arachidonic acid, I would entirely avoid sesame lignans (and GLA) during arachidonic acid supplementation. Your call!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by cal62887 View Post
    Heard good things about SesaThin... Thanks for the recommendation, Rodja
    I'm using 1250mg SesaThin Softgels (1/2 dosing) during bulking. Just don't dose around workouts and you should be good
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question on fish oil and x-factor?
    By UofIlifting11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
  2. question bout oils on x-factor.
    By Cellardude in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. x factor questions
    By bigschmidt821 in forum Molecular Nutrition