Amount of Caffeine in Green Tea Powder

  1. New Member
    Chefdeez's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    65550
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    48.47%

    Amount of Caffeine in Green Tea Powder


    Does anyone know the percentage of caffeine in bulk green tea powder? I know it's 50% EGCG but was wondering if there's any way to determine the caffeine content. Thanks.

  2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,420
    Rep Power
    771852
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I believe it is around 1-2% caffeine.

    The 50% EGCG extract is a 98% polyphenol content, leaving around 2% for cellulose/caffeine.

    A standard 500mg cap will give you around 7.5mg of caffeine.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. New Member
    Chefdeez's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    65550
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    48.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I believe it is around 1-2% caffeine.

    The 50% EGCG extract is a 98% polyphenol content, leaving around 2% for cellulose/caffeine.

    A standard 500mg cap will give you around 7.5mg of caffeine.
    Awesome thanks a lot. I was hoping it wasn't too high and 7.5 mgs is nothing. I just capped 100 grams into 400 mg capsules, great deal.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    eagleba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    95.63%

    I was wondering this myself. I quit caffeine about 3 months ago and capped a ton of green tea powder last week. I have been taking a 000 capsule full every 3 hours and have not gotten any jittery feelings from the green tea. This is good to hear and thanks for the info!

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is there caffeine in green tea powder?
    By LAGear in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
  2. Bulk Green Tea Powder In Stock
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 01:50 PM
  3. Anti-Cancer Compound in Green Tea Identified
    By rrgg in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in