X-Factor Question

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you're not suppose to take Omega-3's while on X-factor, but what about Sesamin Oil?

I don't mind stopping my fish oil intake for the period I'm on on X-factor, but do I need to stop my Sesamin Oil too?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
moderation I believe. what sort of dose do you take?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think thats in a reasonable range. I'm interested in this too

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think there are too many X-factor threads so this one is getting glanced over, I'm going to start a new thread with a more specific title and maybe we'll get some more expertise help in this area.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you're not suppose to take Omega-3's while on X-factor, but what about Sesamin Oil?

I don't mind stopping my fish oil intake for the period I'm on on X-factor, but do I need to stop my Sesamin Oil too?
It appears you have two threads on this. Here is my response in the other thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/84299-sesamin-oil-x.html

Sesame lignans/Sesamin directly inhibit arachidonic acid. More specifically, the lignans from sesame inhibit the expression of an enzyme known as delta-5 desaturase. This enzyme causes dietary fats to be converted into arachidonic acid, a precursor to the toxic inflammatory factors prostaglandin E2 and leukotriene B4. Furthermore, sesame lignans also multiply levels of useful DGLA (di-homogamma linolenic acid). DGLA is the precursor to prostaglandin E1 that, amongst others, suppresses inflammatory conditions. Supplementation with GLA (gamma linolenic acid), for instance through borage oil, also increases levels of DGLA and prostaglandin E1. As I cannot say how much sesamin/sesame lignans or GLA oil is "compatible" with arachidonic acid, I would entirely avoid sesame lignans (and GLA) during arachidonic acid supplementation. Your call!