Formestane/penetrate crashing issue

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ok I used the recipe from Neo's faq- I used 4 mls BA and then added the penetrate. I ended up using the whole bottle of penetrate instead of half though to get it into solution. It ended up a very runny final product. Still every time I apply it i have to reheat it. It settles out in 3 layers-a "globby" looking layer on bottom, then a crystalized layer, then the rest of the penetrate. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem? Also, is it possible to overheat the penetrate or formestane?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So shaking it up doesn't get it back in?

You used Benzyl Alcohol in order to make it localized?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I used the Ba to help with the solubilty, the recipe was in the formestane faq thread. Shaking it does help, but the crystals that form need heat to dissolve. Does the penetrate have a tendency to separate itself at all? (I'm not familiar with it)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used the Ba to help with the solubilty, the recipe was in the formestane faq thread. Shaking it does help, but the crystals that form need heat to dissolve. Does the penetrate have a tendency to separate itself at all? (I'm not familiar with it)
It can tend to separate...which is why it needs to be shaken before every usage.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It can tend to separate...which is why it needs to be shaken before every usage.
Right on. I'll store it in a warmer place too. Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up. Hey another monet making idea- you guys should package the form/penetrate with a nice set of clippers to clear out the hedge from application sites.:lol: