Is ecdysterone garbage ?

Is ecdysterone garbage ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What is your experience on ecdysterone ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High dosage with quality extract = decent results.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wouldnt say its garbage just maybe cost to benefiet is a little off to make it a regular supp.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mostly a hardening effect with a decrease in recovery time. Of the 60% extract, I would recommend 3 grams or so a day.

The new 94% you can probably run 1.5-2 grams.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If it comes in bulk, I'll give it a whirl @ 3-4g/ED.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I have used ecdy in bulk a few times, and a 6 week run of anagen and didnt see any results that would lead me to believe it had a benificial effect. I did gain, but my diet and training were in order.

However, from doing a little more research, I found that the half life of ecdy is very short, and it should be dosed with protien to maximize the effects. I believe there was an ecdy thread here at AM that informed me of this. I have not yet tried a protocol like this, but I plan to in the near future.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As one of the resident ecdy whores, I am a firm believer that it works, but not in a traditional BB capacity. It is an ergogenic aid that helps in nutrient repartitioning, nitrogen retention, and endurance. It is not a mass builder, even though it is generally promoted as one.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take the money you were going to spend on Ecty, and buy something worth it. Ecty was yesterdays news of over hyped crap along with HMB. I'm surprised GNC doesn't sell it. I used ecty at 900mg a day a few years ago and got absolutely nothing out of it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used ecty at 900mg a day a few years ago and got absolutely nothing out of it.
But what was the percentage extract? Besides, that is too low of a dose.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ecdy in itself is not going to be anabolic. It increases nitrogen retention and erythropoiesis. In my opinion, ecdy was totally mismarketted and the bull**** claims you saw with Ecdysten and SyntraEC are just that. It works fantastic, however, for recovery and endurance.

The two downers with ecdy:
1) Very short half life and poor absorption. This stuff needs to be taken in frequent large doses to get much of any benefit from it.
2) It can hinder cholesterol production.
Cholesterol -> Pregnelone -> DHEA -> 4-AD/5-AD -> Testosterone. In rather indirect manner, it could lower test production through a mechanism independent of the AR, who would've thought?

Therefore, you will may want to take it with a steroid, prohormone, or steroidal AI as to increase testosterone and/or testosterone production. Since ecdy is 0% androgenic, you do not reap as many of the awesome androgenic benefits you get from other products you see nowadays. I think stacking with something androgenic could prove to be beneficial. (*cough* massfx/hyperdrol)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed methoxy alone gives insane pumps on a cut, and I will use again. Ecdy is something I won't spend on.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've noticed methoxy alone gives insane pumps on a cut, and I will use again. Ecdy is something I won't spend on.
Have you run a Methoxy/X-factor stack?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But what was the percentage extract? Besides, that is too low of a dose.
It was the Sci-Fit stuff..300mg per cap, this was like 4 years ago though.

mwkcronin

Awards
Have been on the NutraPlanet Bulk Ecdysterone for about 3 weeks now. Using it while getting ready for a show in April. It does seem to help in regards to recovery, and is best used when dieting in my opinion. Less muscle loss, and helps (if taken 10 minutes prior to protein meal) with protein synthesis!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Have been on the NutraPlanet Bulk Ecdysterone for about 3 weeks now. Using it while getting ready for a show in April. It does seem to help in regards to recovery, and is best used when dieting in my opinion. Less muscle loss, and helps (if taken 10 minutes prior to protein meal) with protein synthesis!
Tell me how you quantified that it 'helped' with protein synthesis ?

mwkcronin

Awards
Sorry for the delay you all. Okay, no numbers or charts to back any positive results from Ecdy, and understand and respect the question.

Just went by the directions related to the product. Currently take 1/4 grams 10 minutes prior to my meals 3 times a day.

Higher nitrogen retention levels, along with higher protein synthesis on a cut hopefully means less muscle loss while dieting.

Am leaner, and my strenth is still apparent as well!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I could not locate any studies on ecdysterone. The supplement companies I contacted couldn’t produce them either. The studies I could track down on ecdysterone had nothing to do with building muscle or enhancing athletic performance.

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
What extract is NP's ecdy since all companies swear they have the better version of this? Cyanotis vaga or Rhaponticum carthamoides.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What extract is NP's ecdy since all companies swear they have the better version of this? Cyanotis vaga or Rhaponticum carthamoides.
It's Cyanotis vaga extracted to 94 % ecdysterone.

Still not sure I understand the angle on the "better" version, though.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's Cyanotis vaga extracted to 94 % ecdysterone.

Still not sure I understand the angle on the "better" version, though.
Ron Kramer was *****ing the other week that Thermolife "Innovated" ecdysterones, and that all the other companies who followed had failed because they are not Thermolife and all the ecdysterone research was based on ecdysterone (the exact same compound, mind you) found in Maral root, and they were using Cyatonis Vaga.

I don't really know where to begin with that.....where to begin whiping the **** off of my boots that is. :) I mean, I can understand a lower potency extract having a lower absorption rate, since his competators were using 50%-60% extract, but I don't recall Ecdysten being all too effective either (especially at 25mg dosages, whoa), and I'm still trying to figure out how the metabolism of the human body (a series of continuous organic reactions) can create a bias between the reactivities of EXACT SAME CHEMICAL by it's source of origin.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I have always had better results when I use it on a cut. By better I mean I retained more muscle while losing the same amount of fat. This has always been a challenge, meaning to say I always lost way to much muscle when dieting.

liftbig74

Awards
Are there any side effects to of ecdysterone? I've heard it to be safe for anyone old enough to lift. Is this true?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How is the Anagen/FenoTest stack? Got each for $10 from Scivation.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is the Anagen/FenoTest stack? Got each for $10 from Scivation.
Its the shizz, but dose the Fenotest at 6caps/day. The Anagen should have dosing recommendations on the bottle.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there any side effects to of ecdysterone? I've heard it to be safe for anyone old enough to lift. Is this true?
There are NO EFFECTS of ecty...let alone side effects, trust tried and true

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are NO EFFECTS of ecty...let alone side effects, trust tried and true

Hmm this seems a bit extreme to me. Arguing there is zero anabolic benefits, or something of that sort is reasonable but to say NO EFFECTS....I dunno about that one man.

There's been studies in humans proving it to help protein synthesis, nitrogen retention, recovery, etc.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ecdysterone or is plant sterol. Sterol not steroid. Plant sterols are natural evolutionary substances manufactured within plants that provide nutrients primarily to insects and some small animals.

To date there is no valid research indicating that 20 Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone (Ecdysterone) provides any legitimate anabolic (muscle building) effect in humans. Absolutely no published research. What little research there is on this compound is devoted to insects and rats.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sterols were promoted heavily in the 80s' but quickly fell by the wayside simply because they didn't work. They didn't work then and putting them in a bottle with a new label isn't going to make them work now.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also like to add that I feel this is one of those instances where you really need full studies. Abstracts just don't cut it with ecdy, there is too many variables that can skew results or give wrong impressions. From the dose, to the extract, there are many different parts to the equation of whether or not ecdy is effective. Not to mention, the term effective is very subjective, and people may be looking for different results.

There's been some good threads over at bb.com, I'll try quoting some of the threads so you guys don't have to dig through all the other bs posts in the threads :rolleyes:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ecdysterone or is plant sterol. Sterol not steroid. Plant sterols are natural evolutionary substances manufactured within plants that provide nutrients primarily to insects and some small animals.

To date there is no valid research indicating that 20 Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone (Ecdysterone) provides any legitimate anabolic (muscle building) effect in humans. Absolutely no published research. What little research there is on this compound is devoted to insects and rats.
any chemical derivation of sterane is a steroid. A sterol is a steroid. Ecdy is a steroid. It is not an androgen.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm this seems a bit extreme to me. Arguing there is zero anabolic benefits, or something of that sort is reasonable but to say NO EFFECTS....I dunno about that one man.

There's been studies in humans proving it to help protein synthesis, nitrogen retention, recovery, etc.
Ecdy also has increases the rate of Erythropoiesis (production of red blood cells), lowers cholesterol, and stimulates the release of insulin.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ecdy also has increases the rate of Erythropoiesis (production of red blood cells), lowers cholesterol, and stimulates the release of insulin.
Yep, was just mentioning a few things. You seem to be much more knowledgeable on the subject matter, but I thought I'd try and throw my 2 cents in as I did give E-Bol a run a while back, and while it didn't help with mass, I most definitely noitced a bit of leaning out as my strength increased.

I agree with the majority that the hype was a bit strong, but I think with the right benefits in mind, the proper dosing/extract, ecdy can be beneficial in its own ways.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, was just mentioning a few things. You seem to be much more knowledgeable on the subject matter, but I thought I'd try and throw my 2 cents in as I did give E-Bol a run a while back, and while it didn't help with mass, I most definitely noitced a bit of leaning out as my strength increased.

I agree with the majority that the hype was a bit strong, but I think with the right benefits in mind, the proper dosing/extract, ecdy can be beneficial in its own ways.
This is probably the 10th time I've said this, but ecdy is not a mass builder. It is an ergogenic aid that encompasses many important elements to strength, endurance, body comp, etc.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is probably the 10th time I've said this, but ecdy is not a mass builder. It is an ergogenic aid that encompasses many important elements to strength, endurance, body comp, etc.
and I was agreeing with you :)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It wasn't aimed at you. It was more of a general statement about the horrible misunderstanding about ecdy's effects.
Yeah that's what I was trying to point out as well. With the right effects being expect of ecdy I bet there would be a lot more happy consumers out there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that's what I was trying to point out as well. With the right effects being expect of ecdy I bet there would be a lot more happy consumers out there.
Yep, I love to use ecdy when I am prepping for a fight because of its positive effects on EPO, nitrogen retention, and leaning effects.

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
its a joke

its hyped up bs from supplement companies knowing that the ph's that are available now will be gone in a year or less. Therefore, they are filling the pipelines with this bs so that you buy this crap when nothing good is available. You get more from plain ole liver tabs than the ecdysterones their hyping as the the next big thing. Whatever, it didnt work 10 years ago, and it dont work NOw period. I hear gamma oryzanol and dibencozide are making comebacks too! Save your money and buy some Aminos

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its hyped up bs from supplement companies knowing that the ph's that are available now will be gone in a year or less. Therefore, they are filling the pipelines with this bs so that you buy this crap when nothing good is available. You get more from plain ole liver tabs than the ecdysterones their hyping as the the next big thing. Whatever, it didnt work 10 years ago, and it dont work NOw period. I hear gamma oryzanol and dibencozide are making comebacks too! Save your money and buy some Aminos
Lol @ the strong finish. "buy some aminos."

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
I had success with Sci-Fits Ecdysterone 300 it tells you to take one cap with twice a day with a high protien meal...I however toke 2-3 pills with a "HIGH PROTIEN" meal. I think most use to low of a dose along not doing it with protien.