Bsn Busted?!

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
http://supplementpolice.com/Complaint.pdf

Apparently, lab work and the testimony of some chemists indicate that "Creatine Ethyl Esther Malate", or CEM3, does not exist in Cellmass, Nitrix, and NO Explode products. Even further, the lawsuit indicates evidence that such a product can not even be produced. And the patents for the product that BSN claims they have, well, do not exist in the US Patent office and were never filed for.

Not sure if this has been discussed before.:type:

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
I think there is an over all consensus in this board on the fact that BSN products are all over hyped, over priced, and in this case falsified...

Tiny Man

Awards
I remember this. As I recall, there was some debate cast on the testing procedure itself - whether or not the testing procedure was actually valid for testing for CEM3. I didn't follow it that much though, so I can't remember if there was resolution to the issue. There may be another thread about it on this board - if not, bb.com had a huge one on it. Once you read through all the crap and useless posts, there was some decent information and analysis.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just like many companys most products and companys are over hyped. Muscle tech being one of them. 6 star being another one muscle asylum being another one, medical md. The list goes on. Comapanys that sell myostatin blockers. methoxyisoflavone, 20-hydroxyecdysone and sulfo-polysaccharide, electronic “ab”, Methoxy supplements stacked with Ectysterone, Creatine-Ethyl-Ester and Kre-Alkalyn the list goes on HMB etc.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I have to ask this, but I not trying to start a rumor. When this story broke, I also remember BSN being charged with CellMass containing a level 1 toxin in it, but now I can't find any links to it. Does anybody else remember this or did I imagine it?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
But I thought this is what Ronnie took to make himself HYOUGE!.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I not a BSN fan, but in the whole scheme of this multi-million dollar company, do you really think something as cheap as creatine, which would probably cost them 10 cents per tub they manufacture, they would lie about on the label? I could see maybe an expensive ingredient and maybe not as much in the mix as advertised, but something as cheap and abundant as creatine seems odd to me

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I have to ask this, but I not trying to start a rumor. When this story broke, I also remember BSN being charged with CellMass containing a level 1 toxin in it, but now I can't find any links to it. Does anybody else remember this or did I imagine it?
It was coumarin. It is banned in any trace amount in Australia and the Cinnulin PF has trace amount in it, so it was removed from the market there. I would take all of CEM3 drama with a grain of salt, considering the source. BSN has too much money invested to knowingly not make label claims.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
It was coumarin. It is banned in any trace amount in Australia and the Cinnulin PF has trace amount in it, so it was removed from the market there. I would take all of CEM3 drama with a grain of salt, considering the source. BSN has too much money invested to knowingly not make label claims.
Thank you, I thought I had gone crazy.