BF not moving down -- here's my list

CodyMartin

CodyMartin

Awards
I've been a gym regular for nearly 8 months now, and while I have made huge improvements towards my overall health and strength... that damn fat just won't leave.

I'm around the 19% marker... and have been for quite some time now. Here's what I take at the moment:

6"1' 200lbs

Afterglow (Post-Recovery, BCAA's... etc.)
Whey Protein
Kre-Alkalyn Creatine
Multi-Vit
Fish Oils
N.O. Xplod
Currently on a cycle of Lean Tabs (not so sure I've even noticed these working)
And finally, Novedex XT

I've been keeping my calories around 2300-2500 for the past few weeks now. I'm typically in the gym 4 times a week, with 20 minutes of cardio post-workout.

Am I just being impatient? Am I missing a very important supp? Did I cut my calories too much --- not enough? I don't feel I've lost any strength since beginning my cutting.

Thank you in advance for any information and help.

Edit --

Thanks for the reply!

I logged my food for a bit and by breakdown was typically 30% fat (mostly all MUFA and PUFA), 30% (but sometimes 40%) Carbs (Mostly all whole grains), and 40% protein.

I tried going on a low-carb diet in the beginning of summer. Maybe I did it wrong... I'm not sure, but I felt so lethargic that I had to go back to eating my grains (that, and it seemed like my kidneys/lower back hurt when I was on keto).

Last edited:

blitzkriegjim

Awards
sounds like ur calories are right, but what are the macros? I find that I slim down rather quickly once I go low to no-carb and up the protein and healthy fats......keep the cals what they are because that seems like a good range to be able to lose weight for a guy your size. Eat more lean meats, almonds, supplement with some fish(you already are) and flax oil, and maybe add in Leviathan or Leviathan Reloaded and you should start to see SOME results. Give it two weeks going low to no carb and see if you arent making progress (btw, eat some good carbs after workouts all the time, this doesnt count for no carb and its quite beneficial to do this too) and once every 4 days or so eat a meal with good carbs as its not ideal for your body to maintain this carb depletion. Post ur diet tho too and we can help you more......

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You're doing 80 minutes of cardio a week, which could be the big issue here. Try increasing that to the point where you can do 45-60 minutes of low or moderate intensity cardio for up to 6 days a week when you want to take it to the next level. Your calories seem good but I'd like to see your macronutrient ratios.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
not enough cardio broseph!! if you wanna drop it you gotta get nasty with it!

Motox

Awards
  • Established
throw in some hiit and some lower intesity longer duration like iron warrior said and you will be in the zone!

CodyMartin

CodyMartin

Awards
You're doing 80 minutes of cardio a week, which could be the big issue here. Try increasing that to the point where you can do 45-60 minutes of low or moderate intensity cardio for up to 6 days a week when you want to take it to the next level. Your calories seem good but I'd like to see your macronutrient ratios.

I think I have the cardio stamina to do that right now... I just thought that amount of cardio would turn me catabolic, thus being bad overall? I've learned so much this past year it makes my head spin... and I'm still learning everyday!

So my next question then... WHEN should I do this 45-60 minutes of cardio? Pre, Post... a cardio only workout?

Thanks again for the replies and information!

Motox

Awards
  • Established
do it as a cardio only workout if you can especially the hiit cardio. but the lower intensity im talkin like hr at 130- 135 thaT IS when technically you are utilizing stored fat for energy. and the hiit cardio will speed your metabolism. you may lose some muscle but its a price you will have to pay doing it right but you will not turn into a string bean.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think I have the cardio stamina to do that right now... I just thought that amount of cardio would turn me catabolic, thus being bad overall? I've learned so much this past year it makes my head spin... and I'm still learning everyday!

So my next question then... WHEN should I do this 45-60 minutes of cardio? Pre, Post... a cardio only workout?

Thanks again for the replies and information!
Low intensity cardio is not very catabolic, it just feels like a damn prison sentence LOL. I do cardio post workout because I don't have the time to be at the gym twice a day. You can do a cario only workout and then a weight training workout or vice versa if you have the luxury to do it.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
If you are one who gains weight easily you might have to cut down even more on the calories and do cardio more often. I would try to get like 30min a day. I know it sucks but it needs to done if just lifting and eating right isn't working. Leviathan Reloaded and DCP work great for shedding that fat off if you wanted some new supps to try.