Ephedrine HCL ok w customs?

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
MODS: Yes i read the rules and searched to no avail, Ephedrine HCL is not an illegal substance. Only illegal to sell Ephedra/Ephedrine as a weightloss supp.

My question is: if I order some Ephedrine HCL for my asthma and I get it outside the US will customs try to seize it for being pure Ephedrine HCL without the guiafsen? This would be only one bottle of 10mg tabs... I think there is some stipulation like it can't be over 12.5mg per tab like the other OTC asthma meds.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MODS: Yes i read the rules and searched to no avail, Ephedrine HCL is not an illegal substance. Only illegal to sell Ephedra/Ephedrine as a weightloss supp.

My question is: if I order some Ephedrine HCL for my asthma and I get it outside the US will customs try to seize it for being pure Ephedrine HCL without the guiafsen? This would be only one bottle of 10mg tabs... I think there is some stipulation like it can't be over 12.5mg per tab like the other OTC asthma meds.

Has anyone done this successfully?
There should be no problem. In the US it is regulated at something like 3.4g per day. You must show ID at the counter in order to purchase. There should really be no reason to seize it as it is not an illegal substance. Now if you ordered it in mass quantities that could possibly be a different story.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You missed an important part of his post...it's pure ephedrine and doesn't contain an expectorant.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine HCL is a controlled substance in some states, unless it is accompanied by an expectorant (guaifenesin in most cases).

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You missed an important part of his post...it's pure ephedrine and doesn't contain an expectorant.
It says Epedrine HCL. Ahh ok I see now. There still shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't think. Unless like I said, you ordered an ass load. I am sure they regulate it, because people were making meth out of it.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
N4cer: Do you have any links to government pages or anything? I can't find any. Actually I did find one detailed one but it did not say anything about the guiafsen, only quantities able to purchase.

Also I would like to find out if the 3.4g limit would apply since it the sale would be outside the us. Again this would only be one bottle but I think it's 6 grams.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It says Epedrine HCL.
Let me re-state...it's only ephedrine...an expectorant must be among the active ingredients or it's not legal.

The original poster's question is if anybody has purchased a product like this that doesn't contain an expectorant and successfully made it from Canada to the US.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
N4cer: Do you have any links to government pages or anything? I can't find any. Actually I did find one detailed one but it did not say anything about the guiafsen, only quantities able to purchase.

Also I would like to find out if the 3.4g limit would apply since it the sale would be outside the us. Again this would only be one bottle but I think it's 6 grams.
I did the research a couple of years ago. Gotta google it man. But I'm telling you if you import a controlled substance, it doesn't matter where you ordered from.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
stxnas: I've found no proof about the Guiafsen thing, only Bro-references.

FWIW I emailed customer service and they said they will guarantee delivery. So I guess I will just pay by credit and worst case scenario if I don't get it and they give me any crap about the guarantee I will just dispute the charge.

Would still like to see some hard proof on a gov website either way

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me re-state...it's only ephedrine...an expectorant must be among the active ingredients or it's not legal.

The original poster's question is if anybody has purchased a product like this that doesn't contain an expectorant and successfully made it from Canada to the US.
Yeah I noticed that. Does the gas station near you not carry this? Or do you need one without the expectorant specifically?

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
Yeah I noticed that. Does the gas station near you not carry this? Or do you need one without the expectorant specifically?
Local pharmacy does

Reasons:
1. Cheaper
2. No silly limit on the low mg pharm tabs, won't have to make multiple trips
3. Don't have to jump through "the man's" hoops and be on his list

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FWIW I emailed customer service and they said they will guarantee delivery. So I guess I will just pay by credit and worst case scenario if I don't get it and they give me any crap about the guarantee I will just dispute the charge.
So will they pay for an attorney if you're arrested for possession of a controlled substance? Otherwise their guarantee is worthless. You can't exactly think you have a legal leg to stand on. "Um, Visa? Yeah, I ordered a quantity of a schedule IV controlled substance and Customs stopped it. I want a refund!" LOL! See what I mean? The guarantee is worthless.

So look up the laws, or just take your chances. It's not like anybody should look up the laws FOR YOU. What's your state laws on it? Check them, and check the federal law on it.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
stxnas: I've found no proof about the Guiafsen thing, only Bro-references.

There was a short lived sponsor here that had told me that about the guaf. I have done searches on the FDA site and can't find anything specifically about the expectorant, but ephedrine was definitely banned as a supp and is considered a scheduled drug (I didn't understand how they had it categorized though). If your source claims to be an asthma aid you might be okay (but you are over the transaction limit). Oh, and Ephedrine cannot be shipped to Washington, Oregon, Ohio, New Mexico, Nebraska, Iowa and Oklahoma. Good luck with your shipment.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There was a short lived sponsor here that had told me that about the guaf. I have done searches on the FDA site and can't find anything specifically about the expectorant, but ephedrine was definitely banned as a supp and is considered a scheduled drug (I didn't understand how they had it categorized though). If your source claims to be an asthma aid you might be okay (but you are over the transaction limit). Oh, and Ephedrine cannot be shipped to Washington, Oregon, Ohio, New Mexico, Nebraska, Iowa and Oklahoma. Good luck with your shipment.
Seriously I would have just went to the store and bought the **** lol. No need to cause yourself unwanted trouble.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Seriously I would have just went to the store and bought the **** lol. No need to cause yourself unwanted trouble.
Walmart sells the stuff. You can buy like 8 boxes per month or something. A box lasts like 15 days for me so its not like you are going every couple days. Go get 4 boxes, then get 4 the next day and you are set.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What brand are you guys using?
I do not use it. Some guys at the gym are on it at the moment for a cut phase. I have seen it at the gas stations near my home. The one I can remember is in a red, white, and black box and says "Ephedrine" on the front. It is 12x12-12.5(can't remember amount)mg gels. Has Ephedrine HCL and an expectorant in it, but a very small amount.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to agree.The guaifenisin in the legal stuff will probably do you some good during the cold and flu season anyway.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i have seen a US site that still carries biotek ephedrine with the guiafsen, so that would still be legal then correct?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have seen a US site that still carries biotek ephedrine with the guiafsen, so that would still be legal then correct?
Yes. According to Stxnas, as long as there is an expectorant in it it is legal to sell.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should be as long as you're not in any of the states listed above. You'll probably have to fax/scan your drivers license along with a form to the place that you buy it from though.

Yes. According to Stxnas, as long as there is an expectorant in it it is legal to sell.
I can't find the posts that lead me to that conclusion, but asthma medication is still allowed to contain ephedrine at this moment...it's still sold at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc etc. The only catch is that some states have stricter laws than current national laws <---THIS MEANS THAT ANYBODY THAT ISN'T SURE OF THEIR STATE'S LAWS SHOULDN'T ORDER IT ONLINE (from somewhere shady). INSTEAD YOU SHOULD GO TO YOUR LOCAL PHARMACY AND SEE IF IT'S AVAILABLE THERE. IF IT IS THE PHARMACIST WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU CAN PURCHASE AT ONE TIME AND PER MONTH.

There are online retailers that are selling these products according to the new laws. These sites will require you to fax or email a copy of your drivers licesne to be kept on file along with a form. They also won't ship to the states that I listed above.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Should be as long as you're not in any of the states listed above. You'll probably have to fax/scan your drivers license along with a form to the place that you buy it from though.

I can't find the posts that lead me to that conclusion, but asthma medication is still allowed to contain ephedrine at this moment...it's still sold at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc etc. The only catch is that some states have stricter laws than current national laws <---THIS MEANS THAT ANYBODY THAT ISN'T SURE OF THEIR STATE'S LAWS SHOULDN'T ORDER IT ONLINE (from somewhere shady). INSTEAD YOU SHOULD GO TO YOUR LOCAL PHARMACY AND SEE IF IT'S AVAILABLE THERE. IF IT IS THE PHARMACIST WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU CAN PURCHASE AT ONE TIME AND PER MONTH.

There are online retailers that are selling these products according to the new laws. These sites will require you to fax or email a copy of your drivers licesne to be kept on file along with a form. They also won't ship to the states that I listed above.
Zactly!