Cortisol - Between 11oxo and LX

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning my next small cycle, and I'd like to incorporate a cortisol management supplement in to drop a bit of fat. It's going into a Dermacrine cycle, so technically (although light), I'll be on a PH cycle.

With that in mind, should I go with 11oxo since I'm already "on"? Wouldn't be going for it's anabolic effects (ie the high and expensive dosing), but maybe something like 3 or 4 caps a day... would be 2 bottles for around a month.

Also have been considering LX, X-Lean, or Retain 2, but at this point I'm not hesistant to spend an additional $40 for the 11oxo 4-week cycle if the results pay off. From what I've gathered, 6 weeks seems to be the hot-spot for 11oxo however. Considering going that route too.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
11-Oxo appears to have good feedback. If you decide to use it, go for the full dose to get the expected results. Personally, though, I would go for Lean Xtreme with NOW Foods Relora. This stack would deliver significant results in terms of cortisol control without any sides.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
11-Oxo appears to have good feedback. If you decide to use it, go for the full dose to get the expected results. Personally, though, I would go for Lean Xtreme with NOW Foods Relora. This stack would deliver significant results in terms of cortisol control without any sides.
Hey man,
I went through a thread and found how you were planning on running LX+Relora - have you started it yet?
As to 11OXO.. I think you're right about needing to run the full dosage. Wouldn't be wise to half-arse it... however, which sides do you think I'll experience? I was looking for that earlier, but all I came across was some reported headaches with some users(and only at full 6 cap dosages). I'm thinking that whatever sides 11OXO has will be amplified since I'll already be "on" cycle...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man,
I went through a thread and found how you were planning on running LX+Relora - have you started it yet?
As to 11OXO.. I think you're right about needing to run the full dosage. Wouldn't be wise to half-arse it... however, which sides do you think I'll experience? I was looking for that earlier, but all I came across was some reported headaches with some users(and only at full 6 cap dosages). I'm thinking that whatever sides 11OXO has will be amplified since I'll already be "on" cycle...
As you know, 11-oxo would need to be dosed at about 6 or so capsules daily, amounting to about 10 days for a bottle. You might need up to three bottles. At this dosage, you would definitely need a post cycle therapy afterwards, as 11-oxo is a prohormone. The need for a post cycle therapy implies a possibility of side effects as is common with prohormones.

No, I have not started the stack with Lean Xtreme and Relora. Looks like early February will be the date. I am still waiting for delivery of the order.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
As you know, 11-oxo would need to be dosed at about 6 or so capsules daily, amounting to about 10 days for a bottle. You might need up to three bottles. At this dosage, you would definitely need a post cycle therapy afterwards, as 11-oxo is a prohormone. The need for a post cycle therapy implies a possibility of side effects as is common with prohormones.

No, I have not started the stack with Lean Xtreme and Relora. Looks like early February will be the date. I am still waiting for delivery of the order.
Very true... at first I didn't think much of adding 11OXO to the mix since I'll be already "on" cycle with Dermacrine, but I'm having trouble differentiating results between 11OXO and say LX+Relora. I'm including the cortisol supplement strictly for fat loss (going to be eating a lot more and training even harder). 11OXO's anabolic properties are welcome of course, but it wasn't my main reason for looking into it.

I think I'll be going with LX+Relora. 11OXO results havn't been far different from the non-hormonal cortisol results, at least from what I've read throughout my research. And the expense of running 11OXO isn't exactly appealing as well! Probably the most expensive supplement I can think of to run effectively!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
You could use AndroXtremeD. Cheaper than 11-oxo

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established

11-oxo isn't a prohormone it's a steroid

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
11-oxo isn't a prohormone it's a steroid
Actually I believe 11-oxo isn't a steroid, it's a prohormone. 11-ketoandrostenedione. Converts to 11-ketotestosterone which has some anabolic/androgenic activity. 11-ketoandro is cortisol reducing in itself. Similar to how 7-hydroxy and 7-ketoandro are cortisol reducing, their metabolites (7-keto and 7-hydroxytest) are not anabolic/androgenic however.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Well technically, prohormones are steroids

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually I believe 11-oxo isn't a steroid, it's a prohormone. 11-ketoandrostenedione. Converts to 11-ketotestosterone which has some anabolic/androgenic activity. 11-ketoandro is cortisol reducing in itself. Similar to how 7-hydroxy and 7-ketoandro are cortisol reducing, their metabolites (7-keto and 7-hydroxytest) are not anabolic/androgenic however.
11 oxo is adrenosterone. i don't think that it needs a liver enzyme to convert to anything.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words AntonymsNoun 1

adrenosterone - a steroid having androgenic activity; obtained from the cortex of the adrenal gland
endocrine, hormone, internal secretion - the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Really, I always thought it was 11-ketoandrostenedione and adrenosterone was just another way of saying it. Will have to check my sources again.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Adrenosterone.png

Ok I will give in slightly here. Adrenosterone is 11-ketoandro as I thought. It also has very weak androgenic activity making it a "steroid" in our sense. (many, many things are actually considered steroids). It will also convert to 11-ketotest, this should be a stronger androgen than 11-ketoandro. That is why such large doses are advised for an anabolic effect besides the cort lowering. Can we call it a tie?

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
View attachment 19951

Ok I will give in slightly here. Adrenosterone is 11-ketoandro as I thought. It also has very weak androgenic activity making it a "steroid" in our sense. (many, many things are actually considered steroids). It will also convert to 11-ketotest, this should be a stronger androgen than 11-ketoandro. That is why such large doses are advised for an anabolic effect besides the cort lowering. Can we call it a tie?
no because pro hormones need an enzyme for your liver to convert to the active steroid. this is an active steroid just because it isn't as strong as other ones it is still a steroid.

p.s. it works great. and i know where u can get it a cheaper price on it if u don't mind taking bulk powder.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
no because pro hormones need an enzyme for your liver to convert to the active steroid. this is an active steroid just because it isn't as strong as other ones it is still a steroid.
Not all pro-hormones need to convert for activity. Testosterone is a prohormone to DHT. Some speculate that 4-AD had activity on it's own before converting to Test.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Not all pro-hormones need to convert for activity. Testosterone is a prohormone to DHT. Some speculate that 4-AD had activity on it's own before converting to Test.
:goodpost:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got an 11-oxo question I basically know the answer to, but would like to hear opinions. What about using 11-oxo during PCT for cortisol control at low doses?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I've got an 11-oxo question I basically know the answer to, but would like to hear opinions. What about using 11-oxo during post cycle therapy for cortisol control at low doses?
From what I've read, it will only suppress your natural test to a noticable degree if used in the higher doses. I think it could be a good fit, with 2-3 before bed. As we know as well, Formestane is a light PH, yet it makes a solid PCT base when used in the correct doses.
My opinion however would be to go with LeanXtreme/Retain2/whatever since they won't suppress you at all, yet bring comparable results(in terms of cortisol control of course).

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
after reading about how 7-oxo-dhea lowers test/estrogen and increase epitestosterone (antiandrogen) i have stopped Retain2.

I have used 7-Cort before Retain2 during cycle with good results but i figured that lowering steroidogensis during PCT is kinda backwards so I have stopped.

however there are many people they say their PCT with anti-cort formulation was better, also there are others who say it didnt matter.

i would love to see a bloodwork done using these anti-cort supps during pct for a month.

I think Relora's ingredients (honokiol and magnolol) will lower cortisol without messing with your test, since honokiol and magnolol arent derivatives of DHEA.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established

p.s. it works great. and i know where u can get it a cheaper price on it if u don't mind taking bulk powder.
First I said this was an active steroid.
Second this is a prohormone, it converts to 11-ketotest by the same enzyme androstenedione would convert to test. 11-ketotest would be stronger than 11-ketoandro, hence large dosing=more anabolic.
Feel like I just repeated my earlier post, lol.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
First I said this was an active steroid.
Second this is a prohormone, it converts to 11-ketotest by the same enzyme androstenedione would convert to test. 11-ketotest would be stronger than 11-ketoandro, hence large dosing=more anabolic.
Feel like I just repeated my earlier post, lol.
Yes