Neoborn's Pure Lemon Juice / Lemon & Water - Drink It Yeah Baby - Thread

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

Found this article very interesting in relation to lemons and drinking lemon'ated water :)

“The medicinal value of the lemon is as follows: It is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis [the presence of pathogenic bacteria] or putrefaction [decomposition of tissue]. It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities.”

Who Can Benefit From Lemon Water

Dr. Beddoe continues on page 194: “Lemon water is used in every person that can tolerate it. That is, if there is no allergy to lemon (a very few have a true allergy to lemon) and no active ulcers, then all adults and most children should use the lemon water. The purpose of the lemon is to:

a) provide a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.

b) The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food element.

c) The lemon helps fix oxygen and calciums in the liver because it regulates blood carbohydrate levels which affect the blood oxygen levels.”

In the above book, Dr. Beddoe also cites an article by Dr. Michael Lesser on the medical promise of citric acid in “Anabolism, Journal of Preventive Medicine.” He uses this article to validate the value of using fresh lemon juice daily: “It appears that citric acid, the major carrier of biochemicals in the body's energy system, shows important promise, primarily because of its excellent properties as a chelator. Its ability to form soluble complexes with calcium offers major promise in the successful treatment of pancreatic stones and has also been employed to dissolve kidney stones. Since calcium deposits are of major significance in the much greater problem of hardening of the arteries, citric acid may possibly contribute to a safe and effective reversal of this widespread degenerative disease.”

Even though medical doctors are not currently employing lemon juice in the treatment of the above conditions, this article substantiates the fact that one of the benefits of fresh lemon water is the way the citric acid is able to act upon the body's systems differently than any other food.
How much lemon to use

• If you are in good health and weigh less than 150 pounds, squeeze the juice of one half a lemon (one ounce) into a glass of purified water and drink this mixture twice a day (one whole lemon a day.)

• If you weigh over 150 pounds, squeeze the juice out of an entire lemon (two ounces) into a glass of purified water and drink this mixture twice a day (two whole lemons a day.) The lemon juice can be diluted more according to taste.

• To help your body get the energy from the food you are eating, drink lemon water regularly. Next to drinking plain purified water, drinking lemon water daily is the most important thing you can do for your health.
Idaho Observer: The Amazing Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water

Feel free to add more details or what you experience.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If life gives you lemons...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I saw a lady at work doing this daily, just adding a slice of crushed lemon to her water to sip all day long, honestly after a month or so her skin was radiantly beautiful! No shizzle!

I would definitely read the whole article. I also like the part about it helping out the liver, in relation to cycling this could be very helpful I think (read, don't know).

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
I put some lemon juice in water just coz it makes it taste better.

Awesome man, now im going to do some grocery and it's healthy for the body anyway :D

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Just remember it's the fresh lemons with thin skins you want. It goes into how to pick good lemons for this in this article if you follow the link.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I always ask for lemon in my water 'cause it makes me feel PIMP. Who knew it really WAS making me into a pimp! :D

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I heard bout that lemon and maple syrup detox diet. Maybe it does have something good to it.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
ive been drinkin lemon in my water for years, actually the only thing i drink with meals....just taste good

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
wont lemon water ruin the lining that protects your teeth somthing like that, i just remember hearing that somplace, other than that ill have to try this thanks for the good info!!!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My GF has turned me onto lemon barley water. Apparently it's very popular over in England. She fould a place here in the US that imports it, so she got some.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
wont lemon water ruin the lining that protects your teeth somthing like that, i just remember hearing that somplace, other than that ill have to try this thanks for the good info!!!
thats why you mix 1oz or a small amount in a full glass of water.... then its only minimally acidic

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Just so everyone knows I am talking about real " I picked them out from the grocery store, took them home, cut them up and added them to my water" lemons not any kind of juice in a bottle etc. Once it is pasteurized etc you have lost the goodness from teh nature!

:)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've done this before, but I got some pretty nasty heartburn from it. But I'm not sure if it was just because of the acidity of the juice from the lemons, or if it was just a reaction between the acidity from the lemons and something else I may had consumed. Either way, a few calcium tablets seemed to help ease and get rid of the heartburn.

Aoba

Awards
2 lemons a day? Good luck having any teeth enamel. :blink:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I doubt that two lemons per day does that much damage.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
TTT-
EDIT: Nevermind. i Found what i needed.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established

a) provide a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.

b) The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food element.

c) The lemon helps fix oxygen and calciums in the liver because it regulates blood carbohydrate levels which affect the blood oxygen levels.” .
I'll be sure to remember that during my next prohormone cycle ;)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
just as an aside, adding lemon juice to your green tea and the like can make it much healthier for you too:

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/11/14/citrus-greentea.html?ref=rss

small excerpt:

"Citrus juices, including from limes, grapefruits, lemons and oranges, increased the levels of catechins by more than five times, with an 81 to 98 per cent recovery for EGC, 56 to 75 per cent for EGCG, 86 to 95 per cent for EC and 30 to 55 per cent for ECG.

Lemon juice was the most effective at preserving catechins in green tea, the study found."

healthy stuff :blink:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i can back up that little vid clip cuz i used to work in a restaraunt. we did have tongs there by the lemons that we were supposed to use but when it gets busy, its much easier to manipulate the lemons with ur hand. and yes, i did see employees leave the restroom without washing their hands several times....grossed me out.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing this too, but with Lemon essential oil. 1-2 drops with ever glass of water. Great flavor addition, plus the terpene health benefits, but no acidity like the juice concentrate. It's the volatiles in the oil helping the skin, liver, etc..

If you want the chelation specifically, you gotta do the juice though, because it's the citric/ascorbic doing that job. Citric does help with kidney stones, and Potassium Citrate is commonly used for chemical litho.