Im looking for help to choose.

1. Registered User

Im looking for help to choose.

Ok im young 15, and have been lifting for a couple of months now. Nothing big little split and protein shakes. I don't know where to go from here. I was just wondering what is needed. Such as should i have a split(schedule) with more workouts and take some kind of supplements to bulk. I am trying to bulk up and get bigger not fast but noticeably. I was wondering what your opinion is about me trying to bulk. Harder split, harder split and take supplements. Eat certain thing? Speak your wisdom please.

Im 5-7 to 5-8 140 pounds...
    Last edited by Mpjagerbombs; 01-17-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Left out information

2. Registered User

eat as much as possible! post your current workout program a a basic idea of what you eat on a daily basis. You still have a lot of growing to so dont get frustrated, supps really arent necessary yet in my opinion
  3. Registered User

you should be taking some protein especially post workout and before bed
    •   

4. Registered User

Okay ill get my whole split up here and what i usally eat. (<-junk food) haha. Now back to truth so i should just be gaining weight the right way with the right kinds of fats blah blah and working out more? Ill get 2 u on the split
  5. Registered User

yah

Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    you should be taking some protein especially post workout and before bed
    I've been using whey
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Mpjagerbombs View Post
    I've been using whey
    I think moving this over into the Workout section would be best really. Talk supplements (besides protein/creatine) for a few months down the road. Make sure your diet is on point too bro.
  7. Registered User

I dont think you need to get your diet dialed in to the t at your age this is tough to do but you can eat conciesly
  8. Registered User

best advice is to just bust your ass in the gym and eat clean man. try to get your protein from whole food sources instead of powders and stuff. lots of lean meats, egg whites and such. you are young so you will grow pretty fast(no sense in worrying about supps yet). and i almost forgot...SLEEP!!! get yourself 8 hours a night. good luck bro
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

If your my age and only been in the gym a few months just stick with protein.. keep it up tho, won't get the fastest results.. but you have to be patient. After you get about a year in go for some bulk creatine mono and BCAA's.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

pay very close attention to your diet.. if you can get your diet in check at 15, that with busting your butt in the gym, you'll be where most of us older guys are at a much younger age.. be thankful you are starting so young...
  11. Banned

A multivitamin, whey protein (for post-workout), a multiprotein or casein (before bedtime), creatine monohydrate, and creatine ethyl ester (ex: NeoVar.)

Also, get a lot of sleep and eat a lot of food. Stay hydrated. Lift heavy, too, but with experience and progress.

Good luck!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    I dont think you need to get your diet dialed in to the t at your age this is tough to do but you can eat conciesly

You'd be surprised how many steps backward poor dieting habits could make at a young age even with a furnace for a metabolism. I learned the hard way and I've had to undo all the damage I did to myself when I was younger.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    You'd be surprised how many steps backward poor dieting habits could make at a young age even with a furnace for a metabolism. I learned the hard way and I've had to undo all the damage I did to myself when I was younger.
    so ur saying i gotta get a good healthy diet dialed in...?
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mpjagerbombs View Post
    so ur saying i gotta get a good healthy diet dialed in...?
    personally in my opinion at ur age you should start making healthy eating choices, but that doesn't mean not to enjoy yourself. its a gradual process if you start slow(like slowly eating different healthy foods) you will be less likely to give up on it. but at the same time at 15 you should still go out to eat with friends and family and not enjoy life...that can lead to problems.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    personally in my opinion at ur age you should start making healthy eating choices, but that doesn't mean not to enjoy yourself. its a gradual process if you start slow(like slowly eating different healthy foods) you will be less likely to give up on it. but at the same time at 15 you should still go out to eat with friends and family and not enjoy life...that can lead to problems.
    Agreed. Just start making the right choices. Internalize whats not good for you and just slowly make the transition. My diet is extremely clean but if there's a party or if i'm going out to dinner with friends I'm not going to be the kid who eats salad with no dressing and a glass of water. Indulge at the right times, just don't go overboard. Balance is everything.

But know that making steps to undo damage is a lot friggin' harder than putting it on.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Im looking for some advice...plz help
    By djtolbert619 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
  2. New to Suppliments, looking for help to reach my goals.
    By Harforddude5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 06:52 PM
  3. looking for help to get started.
    By Jheadley21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
  4. new to forum looking for help
    By whiteac2k4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 11:07 PM
  5. Looking for boards to sponsor...help if you can