Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Question Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?


    Curious here.... who uses a night-time product of any sort and why? Anything you can't live without?

    Lipo-PM is one of my all-time favorite products , for a variety of reasons. What do YOU like?


  2. I was hooked on PowerFull for a while, but I figured it was time to take a short break.
    •   
       


  3. 2 caps PowerFULL and 2 caps TNA, I sleep really deeply and wake gradually using this combo. Not something I'd use all the time but some nights when I need some extra rest.

  4. Currently use Powerfull and MST's ZMK. Main use is for enhanced recovery. Not very interested in relaxation effects (audiobooks put me to sleep like a baby).

    In the recent past have used:
    SomnidrenGH - Excellent product, you feel it the next day. Some knockout right after dosing, but I didn't get around to that response. Cool product, but I can't say I'd buy it again.
    Nocturnabol - lol.. gave it a shot since it packs a few sleep inducers.. Tryptophan/Melatonin (helped with resetting my sleep schedule after I stopped working nights).

  5. Mega Sleep Aid - cheap, and effective as hell.

    Somnidren - expensive, and effective as hell. This stuff relaxes and puts me down, a keeps me out for a long sleep.

    ZMK - meh on sleep, but oh-so-good for you.
    •   
       


  6. i've been digging on the somnidren-gh/zmk combo for a couple months now. I do like lipotrophin pm + zmk too.

  7. Big fan of my powerfull and bolic, I throw a melatonin in there once in a great while. I might add green tea when my nutra order comes in
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  8. powerfull with ghrp6.

  9. Powerfull for sure.

  10. Magnesium
    Rhodiola
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. I simply take my Multi ...assuming it'll aid in the nightime hormonal swing.....especially the additional zinc, magnesium and B6.

  12. Muscle Milk

  13. My nightly ritual:

    A cup of roibos tea with 3 dropperfuls of lemon balm and 2 droppers of oatseed extract.

    3 caps of reishi extract

    1200 mg of calcium

    500 mcg of melatonin


    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

  14. I'm a big fan of IGF-2 before bed, and most recently Somidren GH from MST, incredibel stuff, solid product!

  15. i take zmk, and regular zma when i run out of that, otherwise i cycle between melatonin and somnidren.

  16. How 'bout Nutra's Bulk Carboxy.. Anybody use that? And how are you dosing it?

  17. I'm using Lean dreams but I have some Lipo pm on the way..maybe a new favorite? I'm using the lean dreams for the cortisol.

  18. SomnidrenGH

    omg this stuff WORKS

    put it in your lip lay in bed then BAM your out

  19. Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

    1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

    Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

    1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

    Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
  21. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    if I know I need to get some good sleep, I'll take Lean Dreams, but I really dont take any night time supplements on a regular basis.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

    Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

    Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

    Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

    Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

    Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

    2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

    3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  23. Melatonin by ON. take it every night. i have yet to wake up for no reason. thats it for right now.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

    Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

    Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

    Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

    Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

    Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

    2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

    3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my PCT stack(and beyond).

  25. Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.

  27. I LOVE our lipo-pm. Curently, Im just taking some valerian root, lipo-pm and a little trytophan when I cant sleep.

  28. I do 1.6g of bulk PureSap (1-Carboxy) and 2 caps of Nutraplanet's Zinc Magnesium Tryptophan 30 minutes pre bed. If I have something on my mind/done too much reading before bed, I'll take 3 mg melatonin.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.
    I wasn't suggesting taking both. They were seperate suggestions. I should've been more specific. Sorry.

  30. I've always loved my ZMA, cheap, and I seem to respond to it really well. I've got the Somnidren and ZMK in my shopping cart for when I run out, though.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM
  2. Who is more screwed and why ?
    By ReaperX in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
  3. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
  4. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
  5. To those who have used Halodrol and HMAX
    By MuscleBound1337 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Log in
Log in