joint supps, for torn ligaments

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.26%

joint supps, for torn ligaments

My dad recently tore ligaments in his knee and is getting x-rays and MRI's and such but i was just wondering what the best(if any) for torn ligaments until he gets surgery. Would MSM, Cissus, glucosamine and those have an effect or am i throwing ice at the sun.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think that MSM helps with connective tissues. So without saying anything else and being completely wrong I'll let someone else take over.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

There's not one supplement that will help with torn ligaments. Best thing for him is to ICE/HEAT - elevate - and wear a brace until he can get it fixed. Seeing how it's his knee, make sure he routinely contract's his quad muscle in a straight position atleast 4 times a day for a count of 50 (hold the contraction for 5-10 seconds. This will aid in keeping blood flow from accumulating in/around the affected area, and will help keep his quad from becoming too weak.

Good Luck!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.41%

Joint car will improve flexibility and lubercation in the joints - MSN, Condroiten (sorry about the spelling) and glucosamine. What you really need, as others have posted, is to take care of the injury. In general, Glutimine is a great repair supplement for recovery, so it should help here as well. It is for recovery of sore muscles - injury is kinda beyond the supplement area. Best of luck to them,
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.26%

THanks for all the input, i knew it would need surgery but though it would be worth it to ask, thanks again
  6. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rustlerracer View Post
    My dad recently tore ligaments in his knee and is getting x-rays and MRI's and such but i was just wondering what the best(if any) for torn ligaments until he gets surgery. Would MSM, Cissus, glucosamine and those have an effect or am i throwing ice at the sun.
    Cissus can be used as a specific analgesic(instead of pain killers) but the tear needs to be attached for anything to work but once he comes out of surgery. You may want to consider Cissus.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.63%

Def agree with USP here, SuperCissus has done wonders for me. There was such a difference when I got on it, my knee's and shoulder feel amazing and it allows me to really go balls to the wall without pain.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.27%

Oratropin
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.25%

the supplement is called same works wonders im 37 and been liftin heavy for 20yrs my joints r shot originally took it for my moods but its used for achy joints to
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.25%

37 bench 405 shoulder press 225 behind neck curl 165 straight bar u can imagine how my joints feel 6'2 220
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.93%

Bulk Cissus helped me immensely when I tore my calf muscle last year during volleyball. It was an ugly injury with swelling and bruising.
    But from the words of the physiotherapist on my first and only visit "wow I cannot believe how fast you heal"
    Cissus is now a staple of mine.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

A hinged cti is a necessity or he could possibly further tear whats already torn or even blow the whole triad.

Perk is they are getting good results with cavaderic ligaments coated or impregnated with certian cytokines etc that seemingly work much better than stiching things up. I was a few articles on it. Ill poke aropund ans see if I can find them.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.95%

Quote Originally Posted by DIALEDIN View Post
    Joint car will improve flexibility and lubercation in the joints - MSN, Condroiten (sorry about the spelling) and glucosamine. What you really need, as others have posted, is to take care of the injury. In general, Glutimine is a great repair supplement for recovery, so it should help here as well. It is for recovery of sore muscles - injury is kinda beyond the supplement area. Best of luck to them,
    Where did you see that Glutamine helps aid in recovery of connective tissue?
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%

It's part of it's natural amino profile. But it only aids in helping healthy tissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Where did you see that Glutamine helps aid in recovery of connective tissue?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.36%

i doubt that any supplement will help directly with the ligament issue, and the previously mentioned ones are the first that came to mind for me. I tore my meniscus recently (end of oct/beginning nov). before surgery, I was advised by the physical training staff at my school to strengthen all of the muscles surrounding the knee, mainly quad (as previously mentioned) as the stronger your muscles are going into surgery the faster your recover will be. It was previously mentioned to apply heat, Im not sure how effective heat would be, but both pre and post surgery the staff only exposed the knee to cold treatment (ice cup massages and icing). Hope this is helpful.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.95%

Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    It's part of it's natural amino profile. But it only aids in helping healthy tissue.
    I see.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best joint supp for EPI LMG cycle
    By FullGold in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:55 AM
  2. Joint supps for 19yr old?
    By redrocket399 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. supps for joint support
    By cheezscott in forum Supplements