Methyl 1-D XL

bb6182

Awards
Someone told me to try this, is it any good? I have that and some whey protein. Will I need more? Just some general help would be nice, thanks!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How does your diet and training program look? What are your stats etc... Age? Weight? Years of experience?

bb6182

Awards
Ok

5 10 175 pounds 25 years old. My diet isn't the best but that is changing. I have been lifting on and off for about 10 years.

bb6182

Awards
Ok whats a good diet.......I mean you dont have to break one completely down for me but just to point me in the right direction

bb6182

Awards
I would like to bulk up, not to a huge figure but I would like to get bigger. I would also like to be a little more cut.

bb6182

Awards
Also along with that I have another question....I read somewhere that its good to do your running on days you are not working out. So, does that mean I should workout my whole body on MWF and run T and TR???? I only go to the gym M-F

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to bulk up, not to a huge figure but I would like to get bigger. I would also like to be a little more cut.
So a recomp type diet.

First you need to figure out maintenece calories. Once that has nailed down your going to want to eat right there or possibley a few 100 cals over.

I would suggest a diet split of 40% protein, 40%carbs, 20%fat. After a while you can tweak those numbers to suite you better. Make sure to get your carbs from complex sources, brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruits and veggies. Healthy fats olive oil, egg yolks, flax oil, almonds, safflower oil.

Try to get some cardio in 3-4x's/week to keep that metabolism high and burn some fat as well.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also along with that I have another question....I read somewhere that its good to do your running on days you are not working out. So, does that mean I should workout my whole body on MWF and run T and TR???? I only go to the gym M-F
You dont need to run for your cardio unless you want to.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What do you do for cardio or what is best
I cannot tell you what is best for you, you will have to try for yourself. Personally I like the elyptical for my cardio needs.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you do for cardio or what is best
I hate running so I walk on the tredmil on an incline of about 10 at 3-3.5 speed for 25min. I'll work up the time as I get further into my cut. I'm all about low-intensity works great for me.

I do it either after my workout or 1st thing in the morning.

bb6182

Awards
One more question lol...Whats the deal with amino acids, I have a bottle of Amino 2222, should I take that?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more question lol...Whats the deal with amino acids, I have a bottle of Amino 2222, should I take that?
You could but I'd say leave em' alone until that diet is spot on. Then when you throw them in there you'll be getting 100% out of them.

Alot of people take them different ways. Look to use the search function up in the top right corner and see what pops up.