Yellow Gold and Refeeds - Worth doubling down?

B

Blk98Bird

Awards
Planning on doing a very high carb refeed this weekend because I've cut down to near zero for a cut lately.

Are YG's effects dose-dependent or is there not much benefit beyond the typical 500mg dose a few times a day?

I was thinking of dosing a gram before each meal since I plan on taking in 100-200g of carbs over 6-7 meals (within 24-36 hours or so). I have at least 50-100g left that I can cap, so that's not an issue.

Thanks in advance

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
It should act is a dose-dependent manner. 1g of YG should help more than 0.5g. If you're taking in that much, you could probably even dose 1.5g although it's hard to say for sure what the right amount is. Also some people prefer taking it 30mins before eating, while the bottled Anabolic Pump says 15mins pre.

B

Blk98Bird

Awards
It should act is a dose-dependent manner. 1g of YG should help more than 0.5g. If you're taking in that much, you could probably even dose 1.5g although it's hard to say for sure what the right amount is. Also some people prefer taking it 30mins before eating, while the bottled Anabolic Pump says 15mins pre.
ok thanks for the info. I can give 1.5 a try then and see how it pans out. I'm assuming I'd feel somewhat hypoglycemic if the dose was too large so that should be an indicator.

I typically dose it anywhere from 15-30 mins pre so I'll make sure to try leaning closer to the 30min mark now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I think there is a 'hard-cap' so to speak, on how much GLUT4 Yellow Gold will translocate; but I also think that cap is different for all, and therefore the max effective dose is different for all.

I find I need 1g 30-min pre-meal to get the maximum benefit. Anything less than that, and any time less than that, I am not getting my money's worth.

Experiment with dosage and times, which is one of the big benefits of bulk-it is cheap enough for you to do so.

Do you normally react high with carbs?

B

Blk98Bird

Awards
I think there is a 'hard-cap' so to speak, on how much GLUT4 Yellow Gold will translocate; but I also think that cap is different for all, and therefore the max effective dose is different for all.

I find I need 1g 30-min pre-meal to get the maximum benefit. Anything less than that, and any time less than that, I am not getting my money's worth.

Experiment with dosage and times, which is one of the big benefits of bulk-it is cheap enough for you to do so.

Do you normally react high with carbs?
How do you generally judge the effects as to whether or not your dosing is on par? Whether you look flat/filled out, etc. after eating carbs with YG?

I noticed I would get a bit more of a pump while using this at 500mg before meals, but that seemed to taper off a bit.

As far as high carb refeeds after a depletion, I've never gone this high before so it's hard to say. Generally I will feel a bit sleepy after the first meal or two but feel fine after that (no difference either way in energy swings). Training is always much better when I have more carbs in my diet I've noticed. I don't believe I have any underlying issues with insulin resistance because I have tested my blood sugar several times (father is diabetic) and it has been within normal range, usually around the middle to low side. I also fill out more and I will sometimes hold water so I'm trying to nail down which sources do/don't have that effect on me.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Alright.

Well, I have the same issues with water retention, which is unfortunately a side-effect of high glycogen transport. Glucose needs a transport system, and with water being it this can at times lead to a watery look in many of us. With myself, this is actually increased with YG, but, however, my actual SAT is decreased. Do not be alarmed if you begin to hold some water, this is a natural effect of increased glycogen retention.

Being as you have no Insulin issues, I would begin at a 500mg dosage, 15 minutes pre-meal. For myself, I find the most efficient way to gauge a proper dosage is to pay the most attention in your Pre-WO Yellow Gold dosing. For some, the '24 hour fullness' does not readily manifest itself. If it does for you, than you can begin your analysis on whether to up or remain dosing starts there. If it does not, notice your endurance, pump, and recovery during a workout. If these are all heightened than YG is taking a favourable effect, and the fullness may or may not come, but that is secondary.

B

Blk98Bird

Awards
Alright.

Well, I have the same issues with water retention, which is unfortunately a side-effect of high glycogen transport. Glucose needs a transport system, and with water being it this can at times lead to a watery look in many of us. With myself, this is actually increased with YG, but, however, my actual SAT is decreased. Do not be alarmed if you begin to hold some water, this is a natural effect of increased glycogen retention.

Being as you have no Insulin issues, I would begin at a 500mg dosage, 15 minutes pre-meal. For myself, I find the most efficient way to gauge a proper dosage is to pay the most attention in your Pre-WO Yellow Gold dosing. For some, the '24 hour fullness' does not readily manifest itself. If it does for you, than you can begin your analysis on whether to up or remain dosing starts there. If it does not, notice your endurance, pump, and recovery during a workout. If these are all heightened than YG is taking a favourable effect, and the fullness may or may not come, but that is secondary.
Thanks for the info. I will try to lift earlier in the day around the first few meals then so I can judge what you described above and adjust accordingly for the remainder of the refeed.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Awesome, let me know if you have any more questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Supplements 33
mstep Supplements 2
S Supplements 2
kbayne Supplements 32
Distilled Water Supplements 21