Sprinter Advice

dsmith126

Awards
Track season is coming up real soon. Looking for reccomendations on supplements to improve speed, quickness, and endurance. Im mainly a 400m runner but also do the 200m. Not looking to get into any ph or ps but something strong enough to make a difference. I believe something along the lines of Drive + RPM, Jungle Warfare, X-Factor, Mass FX, Halodrol Liquigels, etc..

Feel free to let me know what you guys think will work or know works based on experience...Thanks

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Drive/RPM would be great...also look into Clout/Body Octane

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine (10g ED), creatine monohydrate (5-15g ED depending on how you respond), hydrolyzed whey and waxy maize starch drink for after sprint workouts. Include salt in the PWO shake at 600mg/L of water.

Don't forget a good multi and at least 9g/day of cod liver oil.

Make sure you eat lots of starchy carbs after lengthy sprint workouts for track. Sprint workouts really deplete glycogen stores. Moreso than weights.

Supplements to increase neural drive before sprints can be helpful. For example, Biotest Powerdrive + 3-5g ALCAR.

And a quick tip--incline bench press strength is actually a BIG factor in sprint speed, moreso than quads. So push up this lift as well as your lower body work.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Posted this is another thread, but it probably addresses your goals even better - not a supplement, but rather a training device.

PowerLung Sport http://shop.navyseals.com/detail.aspx?ID=191&Name=PowerLung-Sport
Trains the breathing muscles for more effecient breathing. Adjustable resistance for both inhale breaths and exhale breaths. I've been using it for some time now, and I've definitly noticed a difference in my ability to take in air during my runs. For sprinting, it is all the more beneficial (I've felt the difference moreso here... once a week speed days, but I feel the difference).

As to supplements, check out Cordygen5. Cordyceps, a mushroom extract, increases your oxygen utilization rate. Paired with PowerLung training, it'll bring some favorable results. The other main supplement I use for my runs would be BodyOctane, a compilation of endurance compounds. A few other posters mentioned Beta-Alanine, which BodyOctane (made by "MAN") contains, along with other beneficial ingredients such as the endurance enhancing Citrulline Malate. Personally, this combo has been GREAT to me, but I'm not currently training for those distances... currently working on my 5K race time.

Those two supplements have been great for myself for endurance, but you may be looking more for power. The user rms, an AN rep (good guy, and a good company btw) trains with Appalacian state sprinters. He got all his sprinters to get on the Drive+RPM stack, and are seeing favorable results. I think you'll see better results in muscular power and explosiveness with Drive+RPM over the Cordygen5+BodyOctane stack, but I'm not sure what exactly would work for you better. He might catch this thread... last time I spoke with him he was training 40's and 100's, so he's right up your alley for more info if you can find him.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine (10g ED), creatine monohydrate (5-15g ED depending on how you respond), hydrolyzed whey and waxy maize starch drink for after sprint workouts. Include salt in the PWO shake at 600mg/L of water.

Don't forget a good multi and at least 9g/day of cod liver oil.

Make sure you eat lots of starchy carbs after lengthy sprint workouts for track. Sprint workouts really deplete glycogen stores. Moreso than weights.

Supplements to increase neural drive before sprints can be helpful. For example, Biotest Powerdrive + 3-5g ALCAR.

And a quick tip--incline bench press strength is actually a BIG factor in sprint speed, moreso than quads. So push up this lift as well as your lower body work.
10g Beta-Alanine daily... is that too much? I've never gone over 5g daily... nevermind 5g twice daily! Is there any risks in going that high? Or is it rather just approaching the point of diminishing returns... Have some bulk NP BA left over - would like to put it to good use.
I came across a thread a while ago - sounds real strange - but an individual was claiming that once he went over 5g of BA daily he started to emit a fish odor. He apparantly eliminated supplements all the way down to the BA, which appeared to be his culprit. Just an interesting thread; not sure if it really has any scientific backing behind it (could have been many other factors).

Interesting tip about the incline bench increasing sprinting ability - sounds functional and makes sense. Note taken.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
10g is more like an optimal dose. Try to do it in no more than 1g doses if possible, divided up throughout the day. A pain I know but it's worth it.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
10g is more like an optimal dose. Try to do it in no more than 1g doses if possible, divided up throughout the day. A pain I know but it's worth it.
Very interesting! I will absolutely try that. However, wouldn't it be best to bring the dose a bit higher, to at least 2g, pre-workout?

dsmith126

Awards
haha no nothing like deca or win. Considering X-factor stacking with my drive and rpm that recently arrived :)

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bad form.......but if he was gonna use the juicy juice it would be all about the winny and hgh;)...drugs are bad, dont do drugs..
you must be retarded.
deca is A#1 aas of choice for sprinters. not winny. winny causes injuries and dry joints.

winny's for losers.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
haha no nothing like deca or win. Considering X-factor stacking with my drive and rpm that recently arrived :)
x factor is going to make you sore and isnt it strictly for bulking?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you must be retarded.
Seriously, all you do is go thru the forums and call people retarded, morons, and idiots... WTF is your problem? You know, some could say the same about you for your lack of intelligent posts and irresponsible cycles. But people tend to ignore you, hence why you have to post a link to your log in everyone's thread, in which people still look past it. This is all I'm going to say on the matter - you've wasted enough of my time.

krogtaar

Awards
i personally dont like stims (rpm) before a speed or cardio workout. maybe its just me but i dont need help getting pumped up and caffiene just makes me feel like i am overworking myself and my heart is beating too fast. drive and creatine/beta alanine should be good

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Clout is unbeatable, it has creatine, beta alanine, orotic acid, vinpocetine, ALCAR (IIRC). Throw in 75gr bulk CM to your jug of Clout and call it a day. Add Drive if you need a test boost, or RPM if you need a test/stim boost.

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
you must be retarded.
deca is A#1 anabolic steroids of choice for sprinters. not winny. winny causes injuries and dry joints.

winny's for losers.
this is not even worth responding to and hijacking this thread, but ...

Does the name Ben Johnson ring a bell? 100m world record holder that got his medal stripped from him for using WINSTROL...

dry joints, yes... increased chance of injury, yes... strength, explosiveness, and hhhmmm speed, yes...

beta alinine, arginine, orinithine, citruline malate, possibly cordicepts, and creatine ethyl ester should be usefull... I wouldnt take creatine monohydrate in your case because with me it seems to cause to much water retention which could slow you down a bit.. good luck with your sprints, and sorry for the hijacking..

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I'm a sprinter to man.. only I do 4x1 and 100, sometimes 200. Umm I'd say if you had the $ get some creatine/citrulline malate/arginine(some may disagree)/drive/rpm/beta alanine/cissus