Definitely need some help Fellas!!!

richniver

Awards
Im just starting my training regimen for my football season which starts in June. Im 6'2 about 240 lbs. (approx. 18% body fat). I would like to decrease my body fat but build my muscle back up. Im new to the world of strict bodybuilding so im not exactly hip to all the bodybuilding lingo...but i need some help on routines and especially supplements to reach my goals...any help would be greatly appreciated.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Care to post your current diet, and routine. Probably best to start there as diet is 80% of your results.

richniver

Awards
Care to post your current diet, and routine. Probably best to start there as diet is 80% of your results.
Pretty much follows like this:

(Pre-Workout)
English Muffin with Tsp of grape jelly
Mult-Vitamin
100mg DHEA
2 Xenadrine Tablets (8 hr Energy)

(Post Workout)
1 MHP Protein Shake
Banana

(Dinner)
1/2 Rotisserie Chicken
1 can of Vegetables

(Snack)
1 yogurt

throughout the day i will also snack on pickles or rice cakes and maybe a random salad.

As for routine:

Due to my work schedule I train 3 days on 1 day off

Day 1- Chest (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Tris (3 @ 3-4 sets)

Day 2- Back (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Bis (3@ 3-4 sets)

Day 3- Legs (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Shoulders (3@3-4 set)

Cardio for at least 20 mins all 3 days and a little more mixed in on off days.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much follows like this:

(Pre-Workout)
English Muffin with Tsp of grape jelly
Mult-Vitamin
100mg DHEA
2 Xenadrine Tablets (8 hr Energy)

(Post Workout)
1 MHP Protein Shake
Banana

(Dinner)
1/2 Rotisserie Chicken
1 can of Vegetables

(Snack)
1 yogurt

throughout the day i will also snack on pickles or rice cakes and maybe a random salad.

As for routine:

Due to my work schedule I train 3 days on 1 day off

Day 1- Chest (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Tris (3 @ 3-4 sets)

Day 2- Back (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Bis (3@ 3-4 sets)

Day 3- Legs (5 exercises 3-4 sets) and Shoulders (3@3-4 set)

Cardio for at least 20 mins all 3 days and a little more mixed in on off days.
Wow........You need a better diet......Really Bad.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't trying to put you down but you are defeating yourself with your diet. You will lose weight but it will also be muscle because your diet is too minimal. The correct diet will help you put on muscle and help your BF%.
Are you asking for what specifically to eat or how much or Do you have any Idea what I am asking? We need to know how much you know.

richniver

Awards
I wasn't trying to put you down but you are defeating yourself with your diet. You will lose weight but it will also be muscle because your diet is too minimal. The correct diet will help you put on muscle and help your BF%.
Are you asking for what specifically to eat or how much or Do you have any Idea what I am asking? We need to know how much you know.
I wasnt taking it the wrong way and didnt mean to come off pissy...sorry.

Basically i need to know how to tweak or re-work things. I know the basics of the thing...i am in decent shape...but i would like to make great gains if i can. Im not very knowledgeable about supplements or the absolute correct eating habits to achieve what i want to do. I actually thought my diet was a decent one! haha

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
most people here are going to say:

get your diet is check first- foods with lots of protein, 5-6 meals a day, supplement with whey protein shakes if not able to eat that much protein from whole foods (approx. 1.5-2 grams per lb. of body weight)

maybe get some fish oils and drink lots of water.