Nitric Oxide and Adderall.. bad idea or ok?

speedpastu

Awards
I usually take half an adderall before I go to the gym, 5 mg, it really helps me to maintain focus and go through some extra sets. I was thinking of adding a nitric oxide supplement to the mix but do not know if it is a bad idea to mix it with the adderall. Any ideas?

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
You should be alright. 5mg of adderall really isnt that much. I would recommend to take the minimal amount of your other workout stim at first just to see how your body will react with it. Another option would be to just up your dose to 20mg of adderall and skip the other stims. There is some adderall brands (if you wanna call it that) that are better than others. If you have the pills that can crush rather easily opposed to the capsules those are the best ones.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I usually take half an adderall before I go to the gym, 5 mg, it really helps me to maintain focus and go through some extra sets. I was thinking of adding a nitric oxide supplement to the mix but do not know if it is a bad idea to mix it with the adderall. Any ideas?
you will be fine taking an No product and adderall. heres the thing, adderall is a vasoconstrictor (narrows your blood vessels) while NO products used as vasodiolators (widens blood vessels). my point is i dont thing you will really gain much benefit from adding the NO product. even without the adderall i think NO products are rather useless but thats not the point. another thing, do you have a prescription for adderall? either way you should not just be using it for a pre-WO stim, its a real drug that you shouldnt just be messing around with, it can cause you some problems you dont want to deal with if you dont have too, trust me on this one. if you take it for school or something thats different but i really hope your not just using it for the gym.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
You should be alright. 5mg of adderall really isnt that much. I would recommend to take the minimal amount of your other workout stim at first just to see how your body will react with it. Another option would be to just up your dose to 20mg of adderall and skip the other stims. There is some adderall brands (if you wanna call it that) that are better than others. If you have the pills that can crush rather easily opposed to the capsules those are the best ones.
he didnt really mention anything about other pre-WO stims just some NO products. my point is why recommend 20mg of adderall when 5mg is working just fine, the less you have to take of this drug the better, trust me. as for the "different brands" you are referring to, the solid pills are generic adderall or "amphetamine salts" they may seem to work better because mg for mg they are twice as strong as adderall XR which is the capsules. 20mg in the pill form is about equal to 40mg in the capsule form but lasts only about half as long as adderall XR does. just tossing that out there.

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
the adderall xr is time released and inside the capsules are tiny little balls. xr is garbage. The other adderall, 20mg will give you intense focus and a great boost in energy. And adderall isn't even 1/4 as bad as a lot of the legal **** that is out there. Stop trying to scare him, he'll be fine.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
not trying to scare him at all, its just not necessary to take 20mg if 5mg is working fine. i didnt say its the worst drug around. the way i see it both generic adderall and adderall are both great products depending on the situation. perhaps you dont like the XR because 20mg of the the XR kind does not affect you the same way as 20mg of generic adderall which is the pill form. to get the same affects with the XR you would need to take 40mg to roughly equal 20mg of the generic. i use both and both work great for me. another reason not to start at 20mg is because tolerance builds up so why start high, perhaps he will need 20mg down the road to get the same affects as he gets now with just 5mg. so start as low as possible, should save some money too.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suggesting 20mg of adderal pre w/o is insane.

There aren't any contraindications but the increase in NO production will be largely offset by the vasocontriction induced from the stimulant.

I think you'd be better of using citrilline malate pre w/o for extra stamina and it is well documented to rise NO levels exponentially if taken at 2 grams 2xED.IMHO it's one of the most underated supps out there.
Ergopharm's Stamina 02 is a good source for this,bulk cit malate tastes horrible but it can be capped.

speedpastu

Awards
Wow, thanks everyone for your interest/concern. I am prescribed adderall. I get the 10 mg's not time released. I only take half before workout just for that extra little push. I was just concerned with mixing addy and an NO product as I was not aware addy was a vasoconstrictor. Its just that I like that extra stamina I have in the gym on the addy and was thinking I could use a little extra pump from the NO supp. I feel like I have reached yet another plateau and was thinking maybe the NO product could give me a little push. I don't want creatine because I want to remain lean and solid and have already done the pro-hormones and gotten hair loss as I am predisposed. I realize there are a million other things to try out there as well but I just wanted something to give me a little extra pump.. anyways if addy is a vasoconstrictor would that mean that my muscles would not be getting the most use out of my workouts/supplements.. etc?

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
why wouldn't you want to try creatine. It's one of the best supps out there for the price. You won't swell up if you are worried about that.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
why wouldn't you want to try creatine. It's one of the best supps out there for the price. You won't swell up if you are worried about that.
people think that they blow up and gain like 10 pounds of muscle and then they lose all of it when they come off.

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
Wow, thanks everyone for your interest/concern. I am prescribed adderall. I get the 10 mg's not time released. I only take half before workout just for that extra little push. I was just concerned with mixing addy and an NO product as I was not aware addy was a vasoconstrictor. Its just that I like that extra stamina I have in the gym on the addy and was thinking I could use a little extra pump from the NO supp. I feel like I have reached yet another plateau and was thinking maybe the NO product could give me a little push. I don't want creatine because I want to remain lean and solid and have already done the pro-hormones and gotten hair loss as I am predisposed. I realize there are a million other things to try out there as well but I just wanted something to give me a little extra pump.. anyways if addy is a vasoconstrictor would that mean that my muscles would not be getting the most use out of my workouts/supplements.. etc?
Just keep dedicating yourself to your diet and your training and you will eventually overcome your plateau. Progession and Intensity is all you need to remember. Be ready to F*** Sh!t up when you go to the gym, you will not need any supplement. You can save your money this way and stop feeding one of the biggest industries in the world. Also, when you take the adderall doesn't your appetite decrease? That would be the only reason I could think of why not to take it before a workout. After a workout you need to be replenishing your muscles with tons of nutrients, and adderall always supressed everyones appetite that I have ever known.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Ya when I was on adderall a few years ago for highschool (doctor said i learned to "cope" and no longer has me on a prescription for it) i could not eat breakfast or lunch and be totally fine... prolly why i was 6'1" and 150lbs and when i got off it i blew up ... I'm glad I'm off adderall

speedpastu

Awards
Ya when I was on adderall a few years ago for highschool (doctor said i learned to "cope" and no longer has me on a prescription for it) i could not eat breakfast or lunch and be totally fine... prolly why i was 6'1" and 150lbs and when i got off it i blew up ... I'm glad I'm off adderall
yea if i take a whole 10 or more my appetite decreases slightly but i have no problem when i only take 5 mg at all.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
thats awesome 5mg-10mg works for you, my tolerance is way past that and that dose would not do a thing for me. anyways i think NO products are a complete waste of money either way. cit malate works great for some like mentioned earlier and if you dont want a creatine bloat get some CEE, that also works very well for some people.

speedpastu

Awards
thats awesome 5mg-10mg works for you, my tolerance is way past that and that dose would not do a thing for me. anyways i think NO products are a complete waste of money either way. cit malate works great for some like mentioned earlier and if you dont want a creatine bloat get some CEE, that also works very well for some people.
thanks, i'll look into both... lately i have been putting that good charlotte and others on my ipod, getting that rage and just pushing it as hard as i can, i just want to see a little more results.

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
If your diet and training is in check you should be growing like a weed. Taking 200-400mg of caffiene will also give you a "boost" in the gym. And thats in a lot of N.O. products. Try it out if you havent. That way you can save your adderall for your ADD or ADHD or w/e.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
If your diet and training is in check you should be growing like a weed. Taking 200-400mg of caffiene will also give you a "boost" in the gym. And thats in a lot of N.O. products. Try it out if you havent. That way you can save your adderall for your ADD or ADHD or w/e.
exactly right.

are you eating enough protein, complex carbs, ect?
probably want to up your caloric intake because this is where many fall short.

speedpastu

Awards
exactly right.

are you eating enough protein, complex carbs, ect?
probably want to up your caloric intake because this is where many fall short.
yea.. eating pretty good.. i could stand to add some more calories into my diet though. trying to stay low on fat though..

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
There are calorie calculators around. Ill try to find one o fmine that I use. Gotta be careful you dont add too many though because if you have TOO much your body will just "store" them around your waist. lol, It happened to me when I thought that I wasnt growing anymore, so I upped an extra 500 calories, and I learned the hard way that that was wayy too much.