Anyone know what Iron-Tek 17-Alpha Oxo-Nolone is?

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I just got 2 bottles for 50 cents each at Vitamin Shoppe (they're about to expire), and the writing on the label is too small for me to read (I'm getting old, lol). I really have no idea what it is, but at 50 cents, I couldn't say no. They also had 3 bottles of The Beast Sports Nutrition's 2Pumped NO booster at 50 cents each, so I bought them too. $2.50+tax was the total for all 5 bottles. So even if it's crap, it's only $2.50 worth of crap.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Supposed to be a test booster I believe.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Iron-tek's 17-Alpha Oxo-Nolone looks interesting because it contains something similar to 25r-diol (as found in BAM, and MFX)...the spirostan contained in it cant be all bad...and the beast stuff is crap...but 50 cents might as well take it just double the dosage of each and it might to something...

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Iron-tek's 17-Alpha Oxo-Nolone looks interesting because it contains something similar to 25r-diol (as found in BAM, and MFX)...the spirostan contained in it cant be all bad...and the beast stuff is crap...but 50 cents might as well take it just double the dosage of each and it might to something...
Yeah, 2pumped doesn't seem to have a spectacular ingredient profile. But I don't recognize any of the ingredients in the 17-alpha (other than trib). I'm not sure if it should be used on cycle, or during pct. (But if it's similar to BAM and MFX, 50 cents was a steal, lol.)

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jared -- that was your 1st post here. Welcome aboard. :wave:

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Just bumping this to see if I can get any more input.
Here's the label:
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Proprietary Blend 700mg
(25)-D-Spirosta-3,5-Diene, NeoHecogenine-3-0-Beta-D-Glycopyranoside, Desoxydiosgenin [From Safed Musli Extract (Chlorophytum Borivillanum)(Root)(Standardized At 40% Saponins) & Tribulus Terrestris Extract]
Oxymatrine,
Matrine [From Sophora Flavescens Extract 6:1 (Root)]
* Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients
Gelatin (Capsule Shell), Magnesium Stearate
NO: yeast, corn, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, salt, sugar, starch, preservatives or artificial color.

Iron-Tek Presents:
17-Alpha OXO Nolone
Increases Anabolic Production!
Designed To Promote A Harder, Leaner-Looking Physique!
Don't call it the next Andro. You'll only make it angry. Because 17-Alpha OXO Nolone doesn't just replace old prohormone products, it buries them. It's more powerful in more ways for more extreme gains in strength and lean muscle mass. Scientifically-formulated with a unique combination of steroidal saponagins, 17-Alpha OXO Nolone has been shown to boost androgenic hormone production without negative side effects. Then it goes further, suppressing estrogen so your gains are never compromised. It's all the good and none of the bad. And we guarantee results. Be a man. Androgenic hormone production can also generate estrogen. And nothing steals your gains or softens you up faster. That's why we developed 17-Alpha OXO Nolone to both jack up the good stuff and stamp down the bad.

We don't do me-too products. 17-Alpha OXO Nolone is all new, with a proprietary blend of plant-based ingredients based on some of the most advanced research in steroidal saponagin activity. It's natural, unique and no one can copy it.

6-Ketoderivatives: (25)-D-Spirosta-3,5-Diene, NeoHecogenin and Desoxydiosgenin display strong anabolic activity which also increases anabolic/androgenic hormone production, suppresses estrogen and increases strength.

Iron-Tek 17-Alpha-Oxo-Nolone is a new and safe alternative to yesterday's pro-hormone supplements. 17-Alpha is the only one of its kind pushing the envelope of technology to give hormone like strength and muscle gains. By enhancing anabolic/ androgenic hormone production and estrogen suppression one can obtain a harder, leaner looking physique without the harmful side effects.

Many of the saponins we use are structurally similar to testosterone but turn into many different anabolic/ androgenic compounds which enhances the blood level of these hormones. This supports the physiological balance or homeostasis which is how they interfere with the body's natural production thus not leading to negative side effects.

17-Alpha-Oxo-Nolone:

Contains plant derived steroidal saponins called 6- Ketoderivatives
Produces proven high anabolic/ androgenic activity
Increases strength and fights fatigue
Increases fat free muscle mass
Enhances natural hormone production
Suppresses estrogen and cortisone
Increases Nitric oxide pump
Gives a leaner harder looking physique
Is safe with no harmful side effects
More On The Cutting Edge Science Behind The Product:
How it impacts the testosterone production: These steroidal saponins cause the brain to release extra amounts of Leutenizing Hormone or (pregnanes) which directly affects the testicular axis which stimulates gonad testosterone production and release. Also the effects of the Leutenizing Hormone on other tissues like pancreas, liver, hypothalamus, and the reversal pituitary axis causes anabolic states to take place in the body such as insulin, anabolic metabolites, HGH, IGF-1 and suppression of estrogen and cortisone, the non- anabolic hormones.

Our primary ingredients (where we derive these saponins) are from Safed Musli 40% EXT (strongest available) or Chlorophytum borivilianum an herb from India (the root being the main source of the saponins, chemical composition; (25)-D-Spirosta-3, 5-Diene, Neohecogenin-3-O-Beta-D-Glucopyranoside, Triterpene and Stigmasterol). Tribulus terrseses also containing similar saponins but in smaller amounts compared to that of Safed Musli.

Our next Ingredient: Sophora flavences 98% EXT. A Chinese herb which is still being studied for it's PDE-5 inhibitor effects and it ability to regulate Nitric oxide. With this compound's use one will notice a more pumped feeling due to the (non-Arginine) Nitric oxide regulated release. But what most will find beneficial is the mode of action of this compound.

Mode Of Action For Sophorae Flavences:

Phosphodiesterase (PDE) is an enzyme that causes breakdown of cyclic GMP, which is the direct intracellular mediator in the nitric oxide (nonadrenergic, noncholinergic). This is the primary action of Sophorae flavences!

Like I said, I got 2 bottles for 50 cents each, so I'm just trying to find a use for it. I'm currently on a 3on/4off Superdrol micro-cycle pulse (with a trib-based natty test booster everyday), and I've started taking this 17-alpha stuff on my 4 "off" days every week. (Kind of a "micro" PCT.) Does this make any sense?

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
A little update:
I had added DHEA to my Superdrol 3on/4off pulse. But it gave me immediate acne all over my chest, and itchy, swollen nips. So I dropped the DHEA. I decided to use this 17-Alpha stuff on my 4 consecutive "off" days, because it seemed to be better suited to a PCT-type usage. So I've now used it for just 4 days total, and let me tell you, the acne is gone (probably just from dropping the DHEA), and my nips are perfect. So maybe the AI in this stuff (whatever it may be) is at least somewhat effective. And the pumps are ridiculous. I've never been very vascular, until now -- especially the big veins running through my biceps. And, remember, this is after just 4 "off" days, without lifting a single weight.
So I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not hating this product.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
And being the dummy that I am, I've decided to re-introduce DHEA to my "stack," albeit at a lower dosage. (I had been dosing 50mg DHEA + 10mg Superdrol, both pre- and post-workout. Now I'm only adding the 50mg DHEA to the pre-workout Superdol, but not post-.) If the symptoms recur, I'll drop the DHEA forever, and use this 17-Alpha stuff to "fix" me again.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
DHEA caused nipple issues???

The acne I could see. Though I've not had an issue with DHEA itself - when added with PCT supps it has made the breakouts worse.

I'm confused as to why it would have caused nipple issues though.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
DHEA converts to both testosterone and estrogen, and therefore can cause gyno probs. I copy/pasted this straight from the Mayo Clinic website's DHEA page: "men may develop more prominent breasts (gynecomastia) or breast tenderness."
I definitely didn't get any lumps under my nips, but they were sensitive, tender, sore.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
17-Alpha-Oxo-Nolone
17 Alpha
Safety and Information
By: Dr. Jim Kimbrell
Ph.D. Biochemistry & Molecular Microbiology

The purpose of this review is to focus on the explanations for the activity of the compounds (25R)-5alpha-spirostan-2alpha, 3beta, 5alpha-triol-6-OH, NeoHecogenin-3-O-Beta-D-Glucopyranoside, Desoxydiosgenin from Safed Musli and Sophora flavescens (Oxymatrine and Matrine) supplementation, Understanding the physiological role of each compound through limited information on pharmacokinetics.

Safed Musli:

Musli is known to be a natural steroidal saponagin which is a pharmacological active metabolite with similar mechanisms as phytosterols. Hecogenin is also listed as a steroidal intermediate, which means it has many roles as a precursor to several different hormone metabolic pathways.

6-Ketoderivative:

One of the metabolic roles of hecogenin is that of a 6-Ketoderivative. It is shown that 6-Ketoderivatives of natural sapogenins via NeoHecogenin, display anabolic activity and do not manifest androgenic properties. This compound produces an accelerated gain of weight and also an increase in weight of the liver, kidneys, musculus tibiliasis anterior and augments the total amount of protein therein.

Pregnens:

Metabolic role as a multi analogue pregnene, as shown in the appendix A the common metabolic pathway from (25)-D-Spirosta-3,5-Diene or 3beta* hydroxy-5alpha, 22alpha-spirostan-12-one through intermediate reactions to 3beta-acetoxy-5alpha-pregna-9, (11), 16-diene-20-one, where this compound takes on different types of biological roles. One of these types of biological roles is the manufacture of certain Oxa hormones. In some cases (15%) the synthesis of Oxa hormone analogues from Desoxydiosgenin begins at 17-ethyal-1 I-oxatesterone, form 11-oxa-5alpha-pregnane-3, 20* dione via 3, 17-dioxygenated-9-oxo-9, 12-seco-l l-nor-5alpha-androstan-12* oic ester, from 3 beta-acetoxy-17-hydroxy-5 alpha-pregnan-12-one two products all from NeoHecogenin.

Antiestrogen properties:

A metabolite 17alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnene-3, 20-dione effecting HCG levels caused decrease in estradiol-17beta levels within days but levels do return after discontinuing supplement possibly caused by an intermediate of 11* oxaprogesterone, 11-oxa-5alpha-pregnane-3, 20-dione which becomes the point of 17-hydroxy functioning by metabolic modified oxidation in sex organs resulting in low progestional activity.

Androgenic/ Anabolic Activity 1:3 ratio:

In humans males 25% females 5% testis or ovary/ adrenal microsomes convert pregnenolone to testosterone via the 4-ene-3oxo pathway, with the major metabolites being progesterone, 17-hydroxypregesterone, 4* androstenedione and testosterone; also some 17-hydroxypregnenolone very little less than 1 % DHEA and 5-androstenedione which does not alter the metabolic profile of pregnenolone metabolism. The synthesis of 11* oxatestosterone from l I-oxa-5alpha-androstane-3, 17-dioneshows in comparison with natural hormone, and a diminished androgenic/anabolic endogenous enzymatic activity however, normal rates return after supplementation is discontinued.

Luteinizing Hormone:

The primary action taken by the compound is the effect the compound has on the liver in which the liver causes the brain to release luteinizing hormone. According to early stages of in-vitro and clinical and preclinical in-vivo medical studies this pharmacologically active compound is reported to enhance testosterone levels by increasing luteinizing hormone. This hormone released by the brain turns on the natural testosterone production, primarily because of this hormone influencing property accompanied by the high anabolic ratio.

Safety Issues on This Compound:

17-Alpha's main ingredients have no reported cases of adverse reactions or over dose. However, this compound should be intended for healthy individuals over the age of seventeen. It is also not recommended to women who are pregnant, nursing or plan to become pregnant.

Oxymatrine (Sophora flavescens):

This ancient herbal extract has been used for years for many different ailments such as: Asthma, reproductive disorders, intestinal infection, allergic reactions, and viral hepatitis. The most interesting aspect of research on this herbal compound is its use as a PDE- 5 inhibitor.

PDE-5 Inhibitor:

How this works: Nitric oxide reduces pulmonary hypertension by activating soluble guanylate cyclase, which converts GTP to cGMP in vascular smooth muscle. Oxymatrine decreases the hydrolysis of cGMP thus enhancing pulmonary vasodilatation. One study of this compound was done on 3 week old lambs with hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Where 27% decrease in PVR that lasted for at least 90 minutes. This was similar to the 32% decrease on PVR observed with 1 hour of iNO.

Safety Issues on This Compound:

Their have been 2 reports of this compound causing stomach upset in the liquid tincture form. No cases of overdose have been reported with this compound.

From what I can tell the compound is structured diff. from both bam and mass fx, but I'm sure that they are all very similiar in function and purpose, just my opinion.
I have used this product and will use again, good pumps and it is very diet dependent, meaning u can use it for a cut or bulk.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, Nemo. I agree with you about the pumps -- much better than I expected. It also did a wonderful job of fixing my nips, lol. I'm hoping it will be just as useful in maintaining HPTA during my 4 off days of this pulse I'm loving.
The other reviews I've been able to find of this 17-Alpha product have been very mixed -- about 50/50. But I like it. (Especially at 50 cents a bottle, lol.)