Question About Xtend

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I've seen Xtend boasts about itself is energy in the gym, and a speedy recovery. But I know some very muscular guys who attribute their muscles to lots of BCAAs, and some very strong guys who attribute their strength to lots of BCAAs. Would that be accurate, or is Xtend really only good for a speedy recovery? Because if that's the case I'm going to save a lot of money from now on, not having to buy it. Because I'm perfectly happy with how quickly I recover on my own. :rant:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
if your bulking no need to really use it. your recovery speed should be fine. I dont see how BCAA really give you a noticable strength gain or muscle gain but I do see that BCAA and protien WILL help on a cut for maintaining mass. That is the only time I would really use BCAA

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
if your bulking no need to really use it. your recovery speed should be fine. I dont see how BCAA really give you a noticable strength gain or muscle gain but I do see that BCAA and protien WILL help on a cut for maintaining mass. That is the only time I would really use BCAA
Ah, thanks for the reply. I hadn't heard that before, but it raises a question in my head...

Wouldn't something capable of retaining muscle during a calorie deficit also be capable of adding lean mass with a maintanance diet, or a calorie surplus?

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is useful on a lean bulk, I doubt it offers much if oyu are eating 10kcals a day though...

Xtend + some carbs post workout can spike protein synth before you eat your main post workout meal. And at the end of the day, you can only absorb so much protein at any one time.

Xtend is great for waking up, you can fend off morning catabolism while you prepare breakfast.

Also Xtend has Citrulline Malate, which is always nice, and glutamine which I can only imagine is nice if you are doing massive long cardio stints.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think BCAA are good when cutting. as said before they are good in the morning and also they are great before a workout. i personally have phenomenol workouts when i take BCAAs. i can keep going forever and this leads to muscle growth for sure. its not as if BCAAs are steroids and will make you grow directly, they are just a piece of the puzzle. i would say they are as important as creatine. so not quite necessary but a huge advantage.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can never get enough BCAA's. It contains glutamine, too, but BCAA's are the gist of it. Xtend is amazing.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
I use xtend while bulking or cutting. I use 3 servings during every single weight training session. If I am doing solely cardio, then 1 serving during. Xtend has way too many benefits to list...not to mention awesome flavors!

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I use xtend while bulking or cutting. I use 3 servings during every single weight training session. If I am doing solely cardio, then 1 serving during. Xtend has way too many benefits to list...not to mention awesome flavors!
It is a little sweet for my taste, to get 3 serves I would need to consume like 4lt of water... lol I like the lemon, but the others don't seem to mix as well or taste as refreshing. Orange is really good, only it seems to mix the worst of them all...

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
For cardio, I have found my best results for my mid-run drink to be Xtend + Posidon. Zero calories, so you won't have any digestive issues, but it refuels your muscles and rehydrates you phenominally. I put around 6 scoops Xtend/2 scoops Posidon in ~20 ounces water, so it's pretty dense and tasty like a Gatorade drink. I've gone through a few mid-workout drinks, and this by far has worked for me the best.

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
For cardio, I have found my best results for my mid-run drink to be Xtend + Posidon. Zero calories, so you won't have any digestive issues, but it refuels your muscles and rehydrates you phenominally. I put around 6 scoops Xtend/2 scoops Posidon in ~20 ounces water, so it's pretty dense and tasty like a Gatorade drink. I've gone through a few mid-workout drinks, and this by far has worked for me the best.
It's not zero calories, but the FDA does not allow you to list free form aminos as calories, your body can convert proteins and aminos into glucose and ketones (amino specific).

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
It's not zero calories, but the FDA does not allow you to list free form aminos as calories, your body can convert proteins and aminos into glucose and ketones (amino specific).
I'm assuming it can't be much, considering how a full bodied protein is 4 calories and all... anybody know how many calories it roughly contains?

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Not worth it. Buy yourself some bulk bcaa, citruline malate, beta-alanine. You can even throw in some kind of creatine. Mix it all up with some crystal light. It'll last you much longer than Xtend. :thumbsup:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Not worth it. Buy yourself some bulk bcaa, citruline malate, beta-alanine. You can even throw in some kind of creatine. Mix it all up with some crystal light. It'll last you much longer than Xtend. :thumbsup:
good luck masking the taste of the Bulk BCAA's.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established

tsk tsk tsk.

BCAAs = Protein.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really like Xtend. Lemon is pretty good as well as watermelon. I usually mix 3-4 scoops in my blender bottle and let it sit. Sometimes I will throw in a few grams of taurine and AAKG. I think it aids in recovery, but it is not necessary as long as you are taking in high amounts of protein. For me, it is a treat...I usually drink it before bed.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
good luck masking the taste of the Bulk BCAA's.
:goodpost:

Agreed but I do remember asking someone how they mask the taste and they told me that they use a some sort of sweetner.

I personally just add 2 teaspoons of Bulk to 2 scoops of extend pre/during, really covers the taste of the bulk BCAAs

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Agreed but I do remember asking someone how they mask the taste and they told me that they use a some sort of sweetner.

I personally just add 2 teaspoons of Bulk to 2 scoops of extend pre/during, really covers the taste of the bulk BCAAs
Yea I have heard people say Crystal Light. Tried it, hated it.

If I ever buy BCAA's, I will buy a Large Xtend and add in some bulk.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is one product that I always make sure to have plenty of. I never let myself run out of it. I can't say it gives me energy at the gym as you did in your post, but it is a fantastic supplement that I wouldn't be w/o

dan