Lean Xtreme - Relora Version?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my opinion, the ingredient profile of Lean Xtreme makes it one of the best cortisol management products around. Yet, would Lean Xtreme not come closer to perfection, if Relora were added to the current blend?

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
What are the synergistic effects of relora and lean xtreme if you dont mind explaining strategic?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are the synergistic effects of relora and lean xtreme if you dont mind explaining strategic?
I was actually thinking of ordering some relora after last year`s stressful classes.

The synergy is basically that Lean Extreme uses 7-OH to control cortisol, and relora is a herbal extract so you would be hitting the cortisol from two angles to really keep it down and maximize the benefits.

Relora (Magnolia extract) is a very interesting compound being non-sedating, DHEA increasing and cortisol decreasing substance. It is great for people with stress or anxiety that leads to high cortisol, or could be used together with something like Lean Xtreme for max cortisol control.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basically optimization of cortisol management. Like Steveoph explained.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I like relora. With it, you'd be controlling cortisol via 3 angles.

With 7-OH you get competitive inhibition of cortisol synthesis via 11BetaHSD1.

5-AT appears to be a strong inhibitor of glucocorticoids. 5-AT also has the positive benefits of increased immune response.

Relora would work well too in combination. It is something that can be used far more often though, and doesn't necessarily need to be cycled as much as a stronger cortisol product (like LX) has to be, which is probably one of the reasons it was excluded. Not sure though.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Never used Relora.... would an effective dose take up too much capsule space?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Or you can take Relora by itself for post cycle cortisol control or just general cortisol control, etc. I think Relora by itself would be much better than a steroidal cortisol modulator like 7-OH-DHEA.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Relora is one my new favorite staples. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and it has done wonders for anxiety/body recomp. Just sayin..

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Relora is one my new favorite staples. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and it has done wonders for anxiety/body recomp. Just sayin..
It's good stuff. Just don't come off of it all at once. I was a dope and stopped taking it at once when $#!+ hit the fan and it wasn't pretty. I'm not saying that there's a withdrawal effect if you forget a day or anything of that matter... I was taking 1500mg per day (500mg 3x/day) and just stopped.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
which relora brand has been tried with good results?

FOG, did you notice weight gain from the abrupt stop? or you talking psychological? eitherway interesting.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
which relora brand has been tried with good results?

FOG, did you notice weight gain from the abrupt stop? or you talking psychological? eitherway interesting.
Hey Comacho. There are a few outside variables (there always are), however, it all started with an Asian woman from a club...
Went to a club + beautiful Asian woman + long night at her place + slept the next day very late + had a falling out with a friend later that night... found myself at living with everything bagged in a hotel... missed 2 days of Relora and all of my stress defenses were pretty much diminished.

The situation was bad enough... HOWEVER... the Relora had been keeping my appetite at bay and it came back with a vengeance. Relora had also been keeping my already 'pi$$ poor' situational anxiety at bay. After suddenly stopping, I found myself having some pretty bad shakes that I haven't had before and chronic insomnia for days...

After 12 days of this and much more exponential stress components feeding off each other and me being basically incapacitated, I signed a deal with the Devil which would begin day 1 of a 50 day methamphetamine trial.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've got NOW Relora - not sure I know what I see with it - but I'm only taking 300 mgs/day right now for the hell of it.

(Don't ask what else I'm on - at least no estrogen inhibitors for once.)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've got NOW Relora - not sure I know what I see with it - but I'm only taking 300 mgs/day right now for the hell of it.

(Don't ask what else I'm on - at least no estrogen inhibitors for once.)
300mg in the morning or at night should keep morning cortisol levels modulated nicely.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Hey Comacho. There are a few outside variables (there always are), however, it all started with an Asian woman from a club...
Went to a club + beautiful Asian woman + long night at her place + slept the next day very late + had a falling out with a friend later that night... found myself at living with everything bagged in a hotel... missed 2 days of Relora and all of my stress defenses were pretty much diminished.

The situation was bad enough... HOWEVER... the Relora had been keeping my appetite at bay and it came back with a vengeance. Relora had also been keeping my already 'pi$$ poor' situational anxiety at bay. After suddenly stopping, I found myself having some pretty bad shakes that I haven't had before and chronic insomnia for days...

After 12 days of this and much more exponential stress components feeding off each other and me being basically incapacitated, I signed a deal with the Devil which would begin day 1 of a 50 day methamphetamine trial.

crazy story Kyle,

will you ever take it again at lower dosage?

jmh80 let us know how that works for you

also many interesting magnolol articles on pubmed, i thought they worked the sameway as other anti corts by inhibiting 11bHSD1

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
crazy story Kyle,

will you ever take it again at lower dosage?

jmh80 let us know how that works for you

also many interesting magnolol articles on pubmed, i thought they worked the sameway as other anti corts by inhibiting 11bHSD1
I don't think I'll be taking it unless I need to. What I 'need' is something that increases dopamine production and provides necessary building blocks for neurotransmitters.

I went onto trueprotein and constructed a nice formula that I dubbed: Neuroactive

2 grams taurine
2 grams tyrosine
2 grams ALCAR
500 mg DL-Phenylalanine
2 grams citrulline malate
1.5 grams betaine hcl

DLPA & tyrosine = great combo for atypical depression alleviation, focus, energy (precursors to dopamine, NE, and thyroxin)
ALCAR = Too many benefits to list, but also stimulates the release of dopamine
taurine = great for energy, well-being, focus, and calms nerves
Citrulline = Additional stamina and endurance, lactic acid buffering and NO potentiating effects
Betaine HCL = Creates a better environment for nutrient absorption

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's good stuff. Just don't come off of it all at once. I was a dope and stopped taking it at once when $#!+ hit the fan and it wasn't pretty. I'm not saying that there's a withdrawal effect if you forget a day or anything of that matter... I was taking 1500mg per day (500mg 3x/day) and just stopped.
Im taking it at 1500mg. Actually got the idea from you. I try not to go past 1200 if i dont have to but you are right. There is a withdrawal. I noticed when I miss a dose i get b1tchy and just cant put up with anyone. And when i take it im all better. But Im also reallllly stressed from work so it could be a combination of both.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
300mg in the morning or at night should keep morning cortisol levels modulated nicely.
I've been doing NOW's Super Cort suppor - 200 mgs of relora. May combine one cap of each before I lift - am thinking that's the biggest cort spike next to first thing in the AM.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take NOW Foods Relora twice daily (first thing in the morning and last thing at night). I always add Ashwagandha to it. Ashwagandha is know to have potent cortisol-control properties, apart from being a prized adaptogen. I do the same when on Lean Xtreme. The other compound that may be worth looking into in this area is Phosphatidyl Serine.

Vegking

Awards
So does cortisol kick way up or go into overdrive when you stop taking blockers such as relora? In other words is there a big cortisol rebound?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i'm probably going to get on Relora as well. Do a 1 cap in the AM and 1 cap before I go to bed.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing NOW's Super Cort suppor - 200 mgs of relora. May combine one cap of each before I lift - am thinking that's the biggest cort spike next to first thing in the AM.

i like this protocol jmh80......i am sure NUTRA carries the NOW's relora correct? I am 34yrs of age, and I would take a cap when I wake up.....before i lift.....after i lift.

thanks

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
just curious.....what is your dosage protocol?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious.....what is your dosage protocol?
1 cap with breakfast, 1 pre w/ pre w/o meal, 2 post w/o, 1 pre bed

or

1 cap with breakfast, 1 cap pre w/o, 1 cap pre w/o, 1 or 2 caps pre bed

Usually I go with the second choice and only take the 1 before bed but there has been some stressful nights last week where i took 2. Hope this helps you.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I take NOW Foods Relora twice daily (first thing in the morning and last thing at night). I always add Ashwagandha to it. Ashwagandha is know to have potent cortisol-control properties, apart from being a prized adaptogen. I do the same when on Lean Xtreme. The other compound that may be worth looking into in this area is Phosphatidyl Serine.
ust got myself two bottles of NOW relora and one bottle of ashwaganda. Been eyeing this up for quite some time now.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ust got myself two bottles of NOW relora and one bottle of ashwaganda. Been eyeing this up for quite some time now.
It will turn out to be a solid investment! No April Fools joke, bud! It is a combination that I always have around. On some potentially rough nights, I take 2 capsules of NOW Relora and some Ashwagandha. It does not matter if I take IGF-2, PowerFULL, or Somnidren-GH. One of the most compact (potent) Ashwagandha formulas around, by the way, is from Jarrow Formula's. Highly concentrated capsules. Any other one would do, too, as long as it is standardized for 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides. :cheers:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats the Relora/Sensoril combo for stress relief, well-being, anti-anxiety, and additional test boosting via Relora increasing DHEA levels higher and Sensoril stimulating the release of testosterone.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing beats the Relora/Sensoril combo for stress relief, well-being, anti-anxiety, and additional test boosting via Relora increasing DHEA levels higher and Sensoril stimulating the release of testosterone.
Yeah! The Jarrow Formulas Ashwagandha is Sensoril. So is the Life Extension one. The Jarrow's one turns out to have more active compounds per capsule. Nice!

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
I know this is a dumb question, but how does cort control fit into the theory of PCT?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know this is a dumb question, but how does cort control fit into the theory of PCT?
Your cort is all wacky when you come off a cycle and for a while after that too, at least in my case.

On another note, what do you guys think about stacking Relora while "on"? It may help a lot with lethargy.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Your cort is all wacky when you come off a cycle and for a while after that too, at least in my case.

On another note, what do you guys think about stacking Relora while "on"? It may help a lot with lethargy.
Cycles mess with a ton of things... As far as lethargy, nothing that some tyrosine won't fix and some Relora to take the edge off ;)