Ephedrine

C

CrissyJ

Awards
I used to take ephedrine before it was illegal and it made me feel really great and really boosted my workout. The stuff I used to take was Dymedtadrine Extreme which was a thermogenic and an energizer and contained 48mg of ephedrine. Even though ephedrine is now legal again, This company no longer makes this product with ephedra in it. Does anyone know anything that is comparable to the old Dymetadrine?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just use something like Genera's Adrenaline or AN's RPM.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
ephedra extract is legal, the ephedra alkyloid is what u are used too taking. the extract is not as potent, it is sorta like comparing reg coffee to decaf, its coffee but not really. u should try somethin like alr's venom hyperdrive or the amp by ergopharm is really good too.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
you can still get ephedrine if you really wanted to. Walmart sells it.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
just need to show ID. i think they take down your name and address.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I live in Canada. We're up to our eye balls in ephedrine.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
they take your name and address because ppl were making meth. out of it

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
they take your name and address because ppl were making meth. out of it
Also, because it's a 'drug.'

Walmart even IDs for spray paint and glue. I think it's ridiculous, but there are so many stupidass people out there who'll use anything to get high.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
you can get what you need at a drugstore/pharmacy at the asthma medication isle.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
they keep a log and check your age on your id because the feds routinely audit these logs to ensure the store is not selling this to minors. from what i understand - you do not get placed on a database.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
they keep a log and check your age on your id because the feds routinely audit these logs to ensure the store is not selling this to minors. from what i understand - you do not get placed on a database.
there is a law to how much you can buy. The reason for this log is for the store. No records of it go to the feds. I work in a pharmacy and i know for Pseudophenedrine the limit per day is 3.6g

There is also a montly limit I believe. different rules apply when you buy it in person and when you buy it online. When someone ask for ephedrine Im required to log it so that I make sure that people dont go over the limit. If i see someone who comes in every day frequently, I can whip out the log and show them that they exceed their limit for the month. Gotta love pharmacy right? :D

If you guys love bodybuilding you'll love working in the feild of pharmacy. Sooo many taboo drugs that I count and fill.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
there is a law to how much you can buy. The reason for this log is for the store. No records of it go to the feds. I work in a pharmacy and i know for Pseudophenedrine the limit per day is 3.6g

There is also a montly limit I believe. different rules apply when you buy it in person and when you buy it online. When someone ask for ephedrine Im required to log it so that I make sure that people dont go over the limit. If i see someone who comes in every day frequently, I can whip out the log and show them that they exceed their limit for the month. Gotta love pharmacy right? :D

If you guys love bodybuilding you'll love working in the feild of pharmacy. Sooo many taboo drugs that I count and fill.

so is the amount being purchased being regulated because it is being used to make drugs or to reduce overtaking the product as a weight loss aid?

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
you can by something like 7.5g a month in VA i think. its limited to 3g or so a day i think but you only take this stuff at 75mg a day max. you can still take too much. i think its more for the meth people than anything else.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
I keep seeing ephedrine sold online, but I am afraid its either going to be the extract, or complete bunk. if someone would pm me a legit online place to buy it I would love to. (I am not afraid to send them a copy of my drivers liscence)

Nothing beats the EAC stack for pure energy and fat loss

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I keep seeing ephedrine sold online, but I am afraid its either going to be the extract, or complete bunk. if someone would pm me a legit online place to buy it I would love to. (I am not afraid to send them a copy of my drivers liscence)

Nothing beats the EAC stack for pure energy and fat loss
Primatene and Bronkaid (Ephedrine HCL and Ephedrine Sulfate respectively) both can be purchased at nearly every convenience store. Some CVS locations around my place have both, but Primatene (HCL) seems to be the more popular one around here. Very affordable too, if I may say.

Sourcheese, have a question for you.. or anyone else that could answer this for me. As to the Aspirin, in the ECA stack.. to the best of my knowledge, it prolongs the thermogenic effect of the Ephedrine stack, but does it have any effect on performance? It is my initial assumption that it was only introduced to bring out a new level of fatloss to the stack, but what about strictly from a performance angle?

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
you can get it straight from biotech's website. 60 tabs of 12.5 HCL for $8 isnt bad though. thats walmarts price.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
you can get it straight from biotech's website. 60 tabs or 12.5 HCL for $8 isnt bad though. thats walmarts price.
if you need a site for ephedrine HCL PM me. Ill tell you.

Also, The reason why ephedrine and pseudophenedrine is behind the counter is because of the meth addicts. Both these ingredience are needed to make meth. You can go to many places to go pick up ephedrine. You can get some online, and then you can go to your local pharmacy.

Its fairly cheap as well. You could go to different pharmacys around your area and pick up a few packs but it might take some time.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
went to biotech websight,. nothing sold without guaffisin (spelling) Anyone know a legit sight that sells just pure ephedrine hcl? Just turned pm on... thank you!

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
i think its illegal to sell with out an expectorant.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
I cant see that it would be safe to use it with an expectorant.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
just a heads up...

ehedrine sulfate sucks IMO

i have to take 2x the dose to get the same feeling (believe it or not im prob the only person around who takes ephedrine for its intended purpose... decongestion!)

i bought a few boxes of bronkaid, wish i had shelled out a few more dollars for a prod with ephedrine hcl in it instead

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
I dont want to buy anything with sulfer in the product anyway. I found a websight, but it requires 2 forms of id faxed to them first, so that seems legit. I found a websight that doesnt and that makes me feel like they are not so legit.

I dont know if I can post them on forum? to see what others think?

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
btw that pic of my on my aviator has gotten a little sloppy:( lol working double shifts every other day as a nurse enforces bad eating habits and lack of workouts.

next week my schedule is changing and I think Im going to do before after shots. ephedrine stack and a jogging, pushup, sit up, chinup, heavy bag routine will be in my future for a few months.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thesinner explained this to me. The Ephedrine SO4 is only about 70% +/- as active as Ephedrine HCl (that's not quite what he said, but it's easier to understand that way, lol).

Bronkaid might not be the best ephedrine supp for everybody...I'm not sure what the impact of taking that much extra guafasnuffaluffawhatever will have, but I've heard people complain about chest pain (any thoughts?)

Oh, and don't post those websites. Somebody did that yesterday in relation to this topic and it got deleted.

just a heads up...

ehedrine sulfate sucks IMO

i have to take 2x the dose to get the same feeling (believe it or not im prob the only person around who takes ephedrine for its intended purpose... decongestion!)

i bought a few boxes of bronkaid, wish i had shelled out a few more dollars for a prod with ephedrine hcl in it instead
Here's the thread from yesterday: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/83999-ephedrine-hcl-ok.html
Gotta run,
STX

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just get it at walmart.
That is the easiest road to take honestly. A gas station might be closer, but more in-efficient as far as cost goes. Not sure which one would be cheaper.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Walmart is $8 for 60pills with 12.5mg Ephedrine HCL. I think gas stations sell like 6 25mg tabs for a few bucks. I think the walmart route will be cheaper. I hate math though.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Thesinner explained this to me. The Ephedrine SO4 is only about 70% +/- as active as Ephedrine HCl (that's not quite what he said, but it's easier to understand that way, lol).
Thats what i figured... thanks for the input. least I know how to dose it accurately then

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
the walmart version contain guiffisen or however you spell it?

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
the walmart version contain guiffisen or however you spell it?
It is illegal to manufacture/purchase any Ephedrine based product without that compound... they all contain it. In my experience, it hasn't really effected my workouts at all. Sometimes I do feel like clearing my throat during a workout, but it's nothing intense.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
ok. Im glad to find this out. I have been completly unsatisfied with the ephedra arial part of mahuang or whatever that most of the ephedra containing supliments have.

I just have had very mixed feelings about working out with a cough expectorant.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
ok. Im glad to find this out. I have been completly unsatisfied with the ephedra arial part of mahuang or whatever that most of the ephedra containing supliments have.

I just have had very mixed feelings about working out with a cough expectorant.
from what i understand - it's intended to improve breathing and performance by getting more oxygen out through the lungs.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
no.. basically guaffisin (spelling) decreases the thickness of mucous allowing it to be coughed up easier. ie basically it increases the amount of water released in your lungs (in a nutshell) allowing mucous to be thinner, to allow it to be coughed easier.

but who knows what daily dosing of this stuff will do to you in the long run

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
no.. basically guaffisin (spelling) decreases the thickness of mucous allowing it to be coughed up easier. ie basically it increases the amount of water released in your lungs (in a nutshell) allowing mucous to be thinner, to allow it to be coughed easier.

but who knows what daily dosing of this stuff will do to you in the long run
there was a very popular product in the 90's for the builders. it started with a d and had a -25 in it. it was the same combination of Guifanesen and Ephedrine HCL like these asthma med's. the claim was that the guifanesen was an aid in the bronchial dialation to increase oxygen, along with the additional energy boost with the ephedrine. workouts used to be real intense on this product.

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
ok. a lot of products make claims, but I will insist that what I said guiffisen performs is as stated.

Im speaking from my experience in the medical profession and the reason we give Guaifenesin to our patients.

Here is a link from Medline after I looked it up... which I trust over any statements claimed by a supliment industry.

"Guaifenesin thins the mucus in the air passages and makes it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways, allowing you to breathe more easily. It relieves the coughs of colds, bronchitis, and other lung infections.

This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information."

Like I said. It thins mucous allowing you to cough it up.

Lets see side effects.

"headache
upset stomach
vomiting
dizziness"

ok...

dosage is 300 2 times a day... ie about 600

wonder what overdosing does...

Last edited:
AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
ok. a lot of products make claims, but I will insist that what I said guiffisen performs is as stated.

Im speaking from my experience in the medical profession and the reason we give Guaifenesin to our patients.

Here is a link from Medline after I looked it up... which I trust over any statements claimed by a supliment industry.

"Guaifenesin thins the mucus in the air passages and makes it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways, allowing you to breathe more easily. It relieves the coughs of colds, bronchitis, and other lung infections.

This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information."
i totally agree - and it's what i use when i have a heavy congestion/infection in my bronchial tubes and lungs. i did not mean to imply that you were wrong in what it does.

i am only detailing the "pitch" on the product. now if those responces in a non-congested state can do what they claimed or not - you are right - it was their intention of the product. but it did provide some kick ass workouts non the less. did this article mentione what the other uses it was sometimes prescribed for?

sourcheese

sourcheese

Awards
thats what it does, for other reasons I dont know about, but it doesnt act on the bronchiolies or avili to open them up... it just secretes more fluid to allow your mucous to be less thick. only reason its combined is because that seems to be the only legal way to sell ephedrine in U.S.

kick ass workouts come from the ephedra

Last edited:
AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
thats it. only reason its combined is because that seems to be the only legal way to sell ephedrine in U.S.

kick ass workouts come from the ephedra
i am talking long before it became illegal. i'll see if i can find the name of that product somewhere.

good info though - thanks

elabor

elabor

Awards
Sorry to drag up an old thread but in case anyone was still wondering about the safety of guaif in their ephedrine:

From a March 2009 article in the journal Current Allergy and Asthma Reports:

Guaifenesin (glyceryl guaiacolate) is a mucoactive
agent that has been successfully marketed in the United
States for more than 50 years in a variety of over-thecounter
cough and cold medicines [6]. It is classifi ed as
an expectorant rather than a mucolytic agent based on its
ability to reduce mucus viscosity while increasing sputum
volume, thereby promoting more effective coughing and
expectoration [1,6,7,8•]. Guaifenesin is the only expectorant
considered effective by the US Food and Drug
Administration [9]. The recommended doses range from
400 to 1200 mg/d, but doses up to 2400 mg/d may be
needed for some patients [7].

Mucus is a complex mixture of water, lipids, mucus
glycoproteins, sugars, proteins, and electrolytes. It serves
three roles—as a protectant, a barrier, and a first level of
host defense. The human body
manufactures about 2 quarts of respiratory mucus per
day, which is usually swallowed unconsciously.

from RxList:
Guaifenesin is well tolerated and has a wide margin of safety. Side effects have been generally mild and infrequent. Nausea and vomiting are the side effects that occur most commonly. Dizziness, headache, and rash (including urticaria) have been reported rarely.

The acute toxicity of guaifenesin is low and over-dosage is unlikely to produce serious toxic effects. In laboratory animals no toxicity resulted when guaifenesin was administered by stomach tube in doses up to 5 grams/kg.

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility

Animal studies to assess the long-term carcinogenic and mutagenic potential or the effect on fertility in animals or humans have not been performed.

So it looks pretty safe- but I'm not going to take it every day for my whole life, either.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i hear mostly of the fat loss aspect of ephedrine but what should could be expected from the performance side? enhanced strength,speed,vert?

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i dont understand why people keep mentioning that bronkaid has 400mg of expectorant. primatene has 200mg expectorant per 12.5mg ephedrine. if you take 25mg of primatene, to match bronkaid's, you will have the same amount of expectorant that bronkaid has.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i hear mostly of the fat loss aspect of ephedrine but what should could be expected from the performance side? enhanced strength,speed,vert?
when i first started eca i was more focused at the gym, i could lift for hours, and i was stronger.

W

whosane

Awards
You can order pure ephedrine Hcl online. Either Kaizen or 4ever fit is your best option. Or you can do what already recommended; get it from a pharmacy for asthma. But beware to not buy it in bulk and use different pharmacies.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
You can order pure ephedrine Hcl online. Either Kaizen or 4ever fit is your best option. Or you can do what already recommended; get it from a pharmacy for asthma. But beware to not buy it in bulk and use different pharmacies.
why would you buy in bulk? each bronkaid pack should last you from 3-4 weeks depending on whether you are doing 50mg or 75mg/day.

but yeah, buying in bulk would look nuts + you can only buy a certain amount, i think 7g, per 30 days anyway.

C

chim_chim

Awards
why would you buy in bulk? each bronkaid pack should last you from 3-4 weeks depending on whether you are doing 50mg or 75mg/day.
60 doses of 12.5 mg means you have to double up to get the normal 25 mg dose of ephedrine HCL. That would last 10 days at 75 mg of eph/day.

Are you getting Primatene or Bronkaid in bigger packages than that?

W

whosane

Awards

but yeah, buying in bulk would look nuts + you can only buy a certain amount, i think 7g, per 30 days anyway.
Well I always buy it in bulk since I order online, but guess It won't apply to him. But I think even if you do not buy it in bulk it's best to cycle the pharmacies just to be on the safe side.