Z-Omega

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever heard of Z-Omega? It's a Vegan Fish Oil Analogue. I FEAR fish breath!!

Here's what the site says:

Red Opal® Z-Omega™ Vegan Fish Oil Analogue delivers Omega-3 benefits without the fish!!

It is an all natural vegetarian source of Omega-3s with twice the concentration of fish oil.

Z-Omega is superior to traditional botanical sources like flax (linseed) oil because of its superior resistance to rancification. Z-Omega™ delivers high levels of tocopherols, phytosterols, and tocotrienols that are known to support cardiovascular and brain health.*

Z-Omega Vegan Fish Oil Analogue allows you to get the positive benefits of the fish oil without the negative side effects such as...

♦ NO fishy smell or taste
♦ NO "burp back" or reflux
♦ NO heavy metals such as Mercury
♦ NONE of the saturated fats like those found in fish oil
♦ NONE of the over- fishing effects on the environment

Suggested Use: 2 softgels
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving: %DV
Calories from fat 9
Total fat 1g 2%
Total Carbohydrate 0.6g 0%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 500mg **
** Daily Value not established

*These statement have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Ingredients: Chia (Salvia hispanica) seed extract, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) seed extract, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Zanthin® Natural Astaxanthin extract, Tapioca Starch.
Contains: Soy

here's the site: Z-Omega

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm just completely overwhelmed by the amount of helpful responses!!! :) Come on be-hotches!! Help a fella out!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What kind of omega 3's? If it's ALA then what's the point.

If they have EPA and DHA in there I'd be interested. "Omega-3 Fatty Acids 500mg" just doesn't cut it for me.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Scroll down to part in red!

Valensa Introduces Z-Omega™ Fish Oil Analogues at Vitafoods 2006
8-May-2006

Valensa International announced that it has introduced a series of botanical-based fish oil analogues that deliver a similar nutrient package to fish oils in support of cardiovascular health. Called Z-Omega™ Fish Oil Analogues, these liquid and softgel ingredients offer beneficial levels of the essential omega-3 alpha linolenic acid without the numerous drawbacks associated with fish oil in the areas of taste, odor and its status as an animal-based material. The new ingredients are targeted at the vegetarian/vegan community and other consumers who have issues with fish oils. All of the Z-Omega products are fortified with Valensa's ZANTHIN® astaxanthin to provide additional antioxidant properties as well as a 'wild salmon' color.

According to Dr. Rudi Moerck, President of Valensa, the new ingredients have been developed to attract the attention of consumers who are interested in the benefits of fish oil but who, for various reasons, find the use of the ingredient unacceptable. "The benefits of fish oil in maintaining a healthy lifestyle – particularly in cardiovascular health – are well documented and there is enormous consumer demand for these. But many people have objections to fish oil either because of taste or odor issues, or simply because they won't consume animal-based products," he said. "Z-Omega is designed to closely mimic the nutrient package that fish oil delivers and bring these consumers what they want. Vegetarians and vegans want cardiovascular health too!" he said.

A line of products to match consumer tastes
Z-Omega Fish Oil Analogues are available as a liquid in 20kg containers as well as in a formulated softgel form. Z-Omega softgels are formulated to contain a 500 mg oral dose providing 200 mg of ALA and 140 mg of omega-9 oleic acid. Valensa also will offer a DHA-fortified version of the Z-Omega softgel that will contain 100 mg of DHA, 50 mg of ALA and 60 mg of omega-9 oleic acid.

All Z-Omega products contain the carotenoid astaxanthin,a botanical extract from microalgae. A powerful antioxidant that exhibits 500 times greater antioxidant activity than Vitamin E, when administered orally, astaxanthin has been shown to reduce the effects of environmental oxidative stress and to inhibit blood lipid peroxidation. This has the effect of providing additional support for cardiovascular health. As an interesting additional benefit is related to the fact that astaxanthin, which is physically equivalent to the pigment found in salmon, delivers a 'wild salmon' color to Z-Omega Fish Oil Analogues that is not present in traditional fish oil supplements.

As a nutrient package, Z-Omega fish oil analogues offer a wide range of health promoting compounds, including high concentrations of tocotrienols, tocoperhols, phytosterols and omega-6 fatty acids. The entire Z-Omega line is stabilized by Valensa's proprietary O2B™ Peroxidation Blocker technology to maintain product quality and offer extended shelf-life – another advantage for Z-Omega over traditional fish oils.

terminator

terminator

Awards
500 mg per 2 capsules is weak. I didn't see any EPA or DHA. I believe there are powder Omega 3 sources out there with high EPA to DHA and vice-versa ratios that are sourced from algae and other powder sources without the fishy taste.

Right now I just take enteric coated fish oil capsules and I don't get the burp and I get the EPA's and DHA's with 4x the amount of Omega 3's in 2 capsules.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
500 mg per 2 capsules is weak. I didn't see any EPA or DHA. I believe there are powder Omega 3 sources out there with high EPA to DHA and vice-versa ratios that are sourced from algae and other powder sources without the fishy taste.

Right now I just take enteric coated fish oil capsules and I don't get the burp and I get the EPA's and DHA's with 4x the amount of Omega 3's in 2 capsules.
Did you read the part in red??

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I understand that it is inferior to fish oil. I am looking for an alternative to fish oil because I am a vegetarian. If this product can give me some of the benefits of fish oil, it's better than what I am getting now. Thanks for the concern though, and I will be looking into the algae based omegas you mentioned.