Anyone have any good experices with Gamma O

  1. Anyone have any good experices with Gamma O


    Just noticed that that I gotten it at NP. Semedto have heard alot of good reviews? Anyone try it? Seems a bit pricey.


  2. Oh........whats the word i'm looking for here.....hmmmmm. Ahhh "CRAP". Thats it.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  3. yeah, if you look up any threads on it its all gonna say its overpriced crap
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Oh........whats the word i'm looking for here.....hmmmmm. Ahhh "CRAP". Thats it.
    Thanks soooo much all I wanted to know!

  5. It's pure CRAP!

  6. Yeah, I did. I was, like, 15 years old in 1989, and my dad was like all into bodybuilding, and I totally wanted to be like him, so I went down to the local Nautilus gym, and asked the guy in the muscle tee what I needed to look like him. He handed me a bottle of Gamma-O and Russian Bear 5000 and told me to, like, run 12 miles a day and do pushups, and take two servings of each, and I'd totally be rockin the smooth, buff bod in weeks, then he asked how oldI was, so I said, like, 15 or something, and he said too bad, because growing a mustache adds a lot too.


    Oh, yeah, that's not the good experience, the good experience with Gamma-O was when some hot chick in leg warmers interrupted us to ask the muscle shirt a question, and he handed her some GAmma-O too and she dropped it and I saw she wasn't wearing underwear when she bent down to pick it up.






  7. Ha-Ha! Priceless!

  8. I hate to say this but if USP were pushing this stuff people would be raving about how it is the best product ever.

  9. but it builds muscle and burns fat at the same time!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Yeah, I did. I was, like, 15 years old in 1989, and my dad was like all into bodybuilding, and I totally wanted to be like him, so I went down to the local Nautilus gym, and asked the guy in the muscle tee what I needed to look like him. He handed me a bottle of Gamma-O and Russian Bear 5000 and told me to, like, run 12 miles a day and do pushups, and take two servings of each, and I'd totally be rockin the smooth, buff bod in weeks, then he asked how oldI was, so I said, like, 15 or something, and he said too bad, because growing a mustache adds a lot too.


    Oh, yeah, that's not the good experience, the good experience with Gamma-O was when some hot chick in leg warmers interrupted us to ask the muscle shirt a question, and he handed her some GAmma-O too and she dropped it and I saw she wasn't wearing underwear when she bent down to pick it up.





    That was too funny bro!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  11. Agreed, this stuff is garbage.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  12. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    That was too funny bro!!

  13. Int J Sport Nutr. 1997 Dec;7(4):318-29.Links
    The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.Fry AC, Bonner E, Lewis DL, Johnson RL, Stone MH, Kraemer WJ.
    Exercise and Sport Science Laboratories, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA.

    To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin, beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.PMID: 9407258 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

    Int J Sport Nutr. 1991 Jun;1(2):170-7.Links
    Gamma oryzanol-plant sterol supplementation: metabolic, endocrine, and physiologic effects.Wheeler KB, Garleb KA.
    Medical Department, Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43216.

    The use of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols is gaining popularity among various athletic populations. These compounds are being consumed in the belief that they elicit anabolic effects ranging from increased testosterone production and release to stimulating human growth hormone release. However, published scientific studies suggest that these compounds are poorly absorbed. Furthermore, animal studies indicate that when these compounds are injected subcutaneously or intravenously, they induce antianabolic or catabolic activity. Normally, less than 5% of orally consumed phytosterols are absorbed from the intestinal tract, with the majority being excreted in the feces. Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production.
    PMID: 1844993 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jasonschaffin View Post
    Int J Sport Nutr. 1997 Dec;7(4):318-29.Links
    The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.Fry AC, Bonner E, Lewis DL, Johnson RL, Stone MH, Kraemer WJ.
    Exercise and Sport Science Laboratories, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA.

    To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin, beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.PMID: 9407258 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

    Int J Sport Nutr. 1991 Jun;1(2):170-7.Links
    Gamma oryzanol-plant sterol supplementation: metabolic, endocrine, and physiologic effects.Wheeler KB, Garleb KA.
    Medical Department, Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43216.

    The use of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols is gaining popularity among various athletic populations. These compounds are being consumed in the belief that they elicit anabolic effects ranging from increased testosterone production and release to stimulating human growth hormone release. However, published scientific studies suggest that these compounds are poorly absorbed. Furthermore, animal studies indicate that when these compounds are injected subcutaneously or intravenously, they induce antianabolic or catabolic activity. Normally, less than 5% of orally consumed phytosterols are absorbed from the intestinal tract, with the majority being excreted in the feces. Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production.
    PMID: 1844993 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    WOW...Speechless!

  15. You can find evidence going both ways. Same with BCAAs or anything else.

    I've been using GAMMA for a year now and have seen inscreased muscle hardness and euphoric feelings. The new pills have CLA in them also.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by whitedevil74 View Post
    I hate to say this but if USP were pushing this stuff people would be raving about how it is the best product ever.
    Dude its the same on these boards year after year.

    Some company comes in, sends out free stuff to all the teenagers and young kids on the board in return for flattering logs. Everybody is making amazing gains, despite the fact that they really only gained 2lbs and put 5lbs on their bench ( which isnt bad but nothing near what the company claims ). Then a year later everyone is denouncing them as garbage.

    Face it, if you want steroid like gains, take steroids.

  17. Does Gamma o Work? Okay I'll have a go at this.....

    #1 - The studies that were sited are over 10 years old. The product has been refined so that it is actually digested now.

    #2 - This is a natural product, its effects will be felt in several weeks. It is intended help someone over 30 regain a more youthful testosterone level. So if you are a teenager or twenty-something popping a natural testosterone booster-- don't expect any results..

    Me - I am 44, I was about 30 pounds over weight when I began working out again. I started taking Gamma O and noticed my workouts were an hour max. I am now work out up to 2 plus hour work outs, I have dropped 15 pounds and am benching 50 pounds more than where I was a few months ago.

    The point is this stuff will help your endurance and testosterone, if you push yourself and put the work in. It helps, there is no magic pill.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Yeah, I did. I was, like, 15 years old in 1989, and my dad was like all into bodybuilding, and I totally wanted to be like him, so I went down to the local Nautilus gym, and asked the guy in the muscle tee what I needed to look like him. He handed me a bottle of Gamma-O and Russian Bear 5000 and told me to, like, run 12 miles a day and do pushups, and take two servings of each, and I'd totally be rockin the smooth, buff bod in weeks, then he asked how oldI was, so I said, like, 15 or something, and he said too bad, because growing a mustache adds a lot too.


    Oh, yeah, that's not the good experience, the good experience with Gamma-O was when some hot chick in leg warmers interrupted us to ask the muscle shirt a question, and he handed her some GAmma-O too and she dropped it and I saw she wasn't wearing underwear when she bent down to pick it up.






    lolzors, WTF, I are funnAy?


    Quote Originally Posted by 1NYCDude View Post
    Does Gamma o Work? Okay I'll have a go at this.....

    #1 - The studies that were sited are over 10 years old. The product has been refined so that it is actually digested now.

    #2 - This is a natural product, its effects will be felt in several weeks. It is intended help someone over 30 regain a more youthful testosterone level. So if you are a teenager or twenty-something popping a natural testosterone booster-- don't expect any results..

    Me - I am 44, I was about 30 pounds over weight when I began working out again. I started taking Gamma O and noticed my workouts were an hour max. I am now work out up to 2 plus hour work outs, I have dropped 15 pounds and am benching 50 pounds more than where I was a few months ago.

    The point is this stuff will help your endurance and testosterone, if you push yourself and put the work in. It helps, there is no magic pill.
    OR...your previously untrained body is adapting to the new stressors, very efficiently BTW, as it should. Endurance and strength have increased, and you've lost weight accordingly. This, despite taking Gamma-O.

    I'm not doubting you, or calling you out. Fact is, who cares? Let's say it's the worlds biggest, most successful placebo, and you pay $60/month for it. As long as it's not unhealthy, who gives a ****? You are reaching your goals. Keep at it!

  19. why the cheap shot at USPLabs on a thread that has nothing to do with them?

    that's unnecessary.

  20. Although it is unneccessary, I completely see where he's coming from..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PGCL- Anyone have any good stories from it?
    By oogaly_boogal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  2. Anyone have any Gyno issues with Trenazone??
    By Presa in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
  3. Anyone have any GOOD TKD info
    By justreading in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 06:42 PM
  5. does anyone have any good wallpapers or desktops
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Log in
Log in