Anyone used "Real Gains" by Universal?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I can't find anywhere that tells me how many servings are in a container. If anyone has used it please let me know.

How does it taste?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I can't find anywhere that tells me how many servings are in a container. If anyone has used it please let me know.

How does it taste?
I've used it before and actually just ordered two of the big tubs from NP.

I tried the chocolate last time and it was not bad at all. And I'm not even a fan of chocolate flavored proteins. The nutrient profile is great too...probably one of the best among the weightgainer formulas.

check 1fast's site for reviews

If you're looking for the number of servings, just do the math (for the large tub):

6.85 lbs = 3 107.10773 grams
1 serving = 155 grams
SO
3 107.10773 grams / 155 grams = 20.0458563 servings

(Approximately ;) )

rustlerracer

rustlerracer

Awards
strawberry is amazing, half way through my second tub

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
I am using the chocolate now on occasion and it tasted good to me. I want to try the banana though.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Their chocolate is one of my favorite tasting weight gainers ever. (mixed with milk of course)

ksa

Awards
  • Established
I've used it before and actually just ordered two of the big tubs from NP.

I tried the chocolate last time and it was not bad at all. And I'm not even a fan of chocolate flavored proteins. The nutrient profile is great too...probably one of the best among the weightgainer formulas.

check 1fast's site for reviews

If you're looking for the number of servings, just do the math (for the large tub):

6.85 lbs = 3 107.10773 grams
1 serving = 155 grams
SO
3 107.10773 grams / 155 grams = 20.0458563 servings

(Approximately ;) )

Be Aware of mislabeling the serving size is 3.5scoops = 155g BUT its not true. Use your digital scale to weigh 3.5scoops it will come

up with something like 120g so to meet label claims you need 4.5 scoops.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Be Aware of mislabeling the serving size is 3.5scoops = 155g BUT its not true. Use your digital scale to weigh 3.5scoops it will come

Nice catch bro! I need to get me a digi!

JJC

Awards
  • Established

I wonder if their "scoops" are rounded or flat. If they are taking rounded scoops, they may not be "lying" per say. Or I wonder if they compacted their powder into the scoop? Like, literally pushed it down to fit more in.

Thanks for the update though. I think I was wondering how I was able to get more servings out of it last time... :think:

I guess I will need to be taking 4.5 flat scoops from now on.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used it as well. The choc. is very tasty and mixes relatively easily. My only issue is that it doesnt necessarily agree with me if you know what I mean

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just started using the chocolate, taste is tolerable but not what I would call good. I guess I've been spoiled on my Musclemilk.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
strawberry is amazing, half way through my second tub
Those of you who know me know I have a sweet spot for the Strawberry Real Gains. Real bits of strawberry in every tub and bucket.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Those of you who know me know I have a sweet spot for the Strawberry Real Gains. Real bits of strawberry in every tub and bucket.
That's the flavor I'm sporting at the moment. Its hands down the best strawberry mix out there. Kudos to Universal Nutrition!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have used it several times, Chocolate is my flavor of choice. NP has a good price for it.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
That's the flavor I'm sporting at the moment. Its hands down the best strawberry mix out there. Kudos to Universal Nutrition!
As far as powders go, it's my fav. I gotta say though, the Watermelon EAA Stack is a pretty strong second...

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
Vanillia is my flavor of choice. Its a versitile powder that you can mix with just about anything and depending on how creative you are with the variety of flavors out there you can come up with some nice mixes.

An example would be I made a choc. vanillia Real Gains Ice Cream with Raw Milk a while back and it was great

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick math, 3.81lbs*0.45= 1.73kg/0.155g = 11.17 servings .

Also I've heard great things about the taste (never tried it my self though), and it seems like the consensus is for strawberry lol.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Quick math, 3.81lbs*0.45= 1.73kg/0.155g = 11.17 servings .

Also I've heard great things about the taste (never tried it my self though), and it seems like the consensus is for strawberry lol.
Chocolate and strawberry are outstanding. Vanilla is good but it gets old quick. Mixing fruits like blueberries and strawberries with the vanilla is pretty good though.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
11 servings in the 3.85lb container and
21 servings in the 6.85lb container
each serving is listed as 3.5 scoops.

i have to be honest though, i never used the full serving size.
even around 250lbs when bulking, i used 2 scoops several times throughout the day.
solid formula too... micellular casien protein... good complex carbs...
a "weight gainer" with less than 5g of sugar per serving? unheard of.

i had the vanilla and liked it... very versatile and just asking for berries or something to be added.
also had a sample pack of the banana and liked it too.
U Rep always pimps the strawberry, so i look forward to trying that flavor too, haha.

i liked it so much that i gave a tub to my little bro...
i wouldn't do that if i didn't think it was very good stuff.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
11 servings in the 3.85lb container and
21 servings in the 6.85lb container
each serving is listed as 3.5 scoops.

i have to be honest though, i never used the full serving size.
even around 250lbs when bulking, i used 2 scoops several times throughout the day.
solid formula too... micellular casien protein... good complex carbs...
a "weight gainer" with less than 5g of sugar per serving? unheard of.

i had the vanilla and liked it... very versatile and just asking for berries or something to be added.
also had a sample pack of the banana and liked it too.
U Rep always pimps the strawberry, so i look forward to trying that flavor too, haha.

i liked it so much that i gave a tub to my little bro...
i wouldn't do that if i didn't think it was very good stuff.
I'm a hard gainer so I never go a day without a couple shakes. That said, I've tried 'em all and Real Gains is by far the best tasting and also has the best nutrient content. Geez, I'm starting to sound like some of the reps on this board.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I'm a hard gainer so I never go a day without a couple shakes. That said, I've tried 'em all and Real Gains is by far the best tasting and also has the best nutrient content. Geez, I'm starting to sound like some of the reps on this board.
Almost... You forgot to mention that Real Gains has micellar casein in it. Also, there are talks of a larger size--10 pounds or more. Stay tuned.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I used the 7lb container of chocolate as my postWO shake for a while and thought it was a worthwhile product, may repurchase in the future.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 tubs of it I'm using right now for my bulk. It doesn't taste that great, but I've had a lot worse.

Not the greatest source of carbs, but you can always get more from food. The protein blend is very good though, IMO