Very high dose eurycoma (aka lang jax, tongkat ali)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    By the way, I noticed absolutely nothing on even up to 6g a day of the SciFit Eurycoma. Junk.
    does not surprise me one bit.


  2. Neil,

    will you be trying agian with a different brand in the future?
    •   
       


  3. comacho--- I haven't personally gotten much out of eurycoma myself, even at 3 grams a day of sci-fit. I'm thinking like rodja and heebs10, that we might have something worth looking into with using testofen in bulk from BN. It's much cheaper than divanil and says it has about the same results. A 98% increase in free test in only 8-weeks. This was with using only 600 mg. per day. Let's try it out!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    i read your original post wrong. i thought you meant you can actually get the synthetic stuff which would be levadopa, the herbal stuff is not actually levadopa, its just mp. but thanks for the reply.
    I understand that Mucuna extract contains levodopa and is often standardized to a specific levodopa content. And it appears to be more potent, with lesser side-effects than the synthetic levodopa, according to the studies I've read.

  5. ...But I have not had any side effects from the Indonesian 200:1 or 50:1.
    Blind12,
    what kind of results did you see from the 200:1 extract and how much were you taking?
    •   
       


  6. Actually I had heard from the LJ100 people that their extract was the best...even better than the 200:1 extract as they were "sucessful in isolating the active ingredients".

  7. I'm not going to mess with Eurycoma again until I can find out a source that is definitely a good product and at a reasonable price. The Nutraplanet stuff for example would cost $25 for 10 days worth at 3g/day. At 20:1 I'm not sure what dose would be needed for the effect. There seems there is no consensus on what the best extract is, but the people from Indo were supposed to use 50g of the root, so a 50:1 extract would mean 1g would equal the 50g root dose. A good dose is 1-3x this. If that's true then the 20:1 from NP would be horrifically expensive to use.

    Also the Indo people were supposed to boil the root quite extensively, and this has also been used in studies showing its effectiveness. So I'm not sure even how this works with extracts. I've even read that the active is fat soluble, so I'm confused and honestly losing interest in really trying to straighten things out, especially considering the estimated cost for good doses.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    I'm not going to mess with Eurycoma again until I can find out a source that is definitely a good product and at a reasonable price. The Nutraplanet stuff for example would cost $25 for 10 days worth at 3g/day. At 20:1 I'm not sure what dose would be needed for the effect. There seems there is no consensus on what the best extract is, but the people from Indo were supposed to use 50g of the root, so a 50:1 extract would mean 1g would equal the 50g root dose. A good dose is 1-3x this. If that's true then the 20:1 from NP would be horrifically expensive to use.

    Also the Indo people were supposed to boil the root quite extensively, and this has also been used in studies showing its effectiveness. So I'm not sure even how this works with extracts. I've even read that the active is fat soluble, so I'm confused and honestly losing interest in really trying to straighten things out, especially considering the estimated cost for good doses.


    You only need 800mg a day of LongJax from Nutraplanet, and it is a very good deal. I have an email from the Indonesian Tongkat Ali rep and it explains the differences between all these extracts, and why you need to take some much of the Indonesian kind. That being said I will dig up an answer for you tommorow if possible, but I could have swore I posted this info on this forum a while back. One nice thing was a while ago Dsade said he was working on a special extraction process where he could super concentrate certain herbs, I believe LongJax and HGW were some of them.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    Blind12,
    what kind of results did you see from the 200:1 extract and how much were you taking?
    Nothing too obvious. Seemed to work sometimes and sometimes not. Generally libido, strength, recovery and physical energy seemed up. And body smell seemed different.

    But like I said, nothing too obvious and sometimes it didn't seem to work at all.

    I didn't really measure very exactly. 600 mg-1 g of 200:1 would be a rough guess, but I used a teaspoon.

    I've used 50:1 mostly, about 1 g of it twice a day.

    I bought the introductory set first and just checked how much a capsule's content would look like on a teaspoon, then used a teaspoon to measure out loose powder.

    Oh and since they use water extraction, fat-soluble active components don't sound realistic...

  10. Thanks for that info. blind12..if the 200:1 extract only worked sometime than I'd bet that their extraction process is faulty...maybe the LJ100 people who say they have a patented extraction process are on to something...hmm...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    Thanks for that info. blind12..if the 200:1 extract only worked sometime than I'd bet that their extraction process is faulty...maybe the LJ100 people who say they have a patented extraction process are on to something...hmm...
    It could be me, not their process

    The lows were often at times when I'd be naturally low - cold, rainy, stressful days.

    The Indonesian extraction process is very simple of course, but the one used in posted studies of LJ100 was equally simple. No special conditions to protect the actives, plain water extraction etc.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by blind12 View Post
    It could be me, not their process

    The lows were often at times when I'd be naturally low - cold, rainy, stressful days.

    The Indonesian extraction process is very simple of course, but the one used in posted studies of LJ100 was equally simple. No special conditions to protect the actives, plain water extraction etc.

    I got the extract from Auspure-Genabolix called Eurychrome here is a quote from the email they sent me.

    "As to the Longjack,the difference is stability after entering into human digest system,
    ordinary Longjack active components get easily destroyed by the stomach and digest system,
    however our Longjack active components has been bio-protected as one precusor so until it
    get into liver it won't release the bioactive components."

    I don't know the exact extract, I would believe it is a 100:1 similar to LJ100 because he told me to dose only at 100mg 3 times per day.

  13. good info bruthaz...maybe this company "Auspure-Genabolix" knows something no one else does..

  14. Has anyone ever seen this:

    www(dot)asiatour(dot)com/tongkatalisize.htm

  15. Effects of Eurycoma longifolia jack on laevator ani muscle in both uncastrated and testosterone-stimulated castrated intact male rats.

    Ang HH, Cheang HS.

    School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Science Malaysia, Minden, 11800, Penang, Malaysia.

    It has been reported that Eurycoma longifolia Jack commonly known as Tongkat Ali has gained notoreity as a symbol of man's ego and strength by the Malaysian men because it increases male virility and sexual prowess during sexual activities. As such, the effects of 200, 400 and 800 mg/kg of butanol, methanol, water and chloroform fractions of E. longifolia Jack were studied on the laevator ani muscle in both uncastrated and testosterone-stimulated castrated intact male rats after dosing them for 12 consecutive weeks. Results showed that 800 mg/kg of butanol, methanol, water and chloroform fractions of E. longifolia Jack significantly increased (p<0.05) the leavator ani muscle to 58.56+/-1.22, 58.23+/-0.31, 60.21 +/-0.86 and 62.35 +/-0.98 mg/100 g body weight, respectively, when compared with the control (untreated) in the uncastrated intact male rats and 49.23+/-0.82, 52.23+/-0.36, 50.21+/-0.66 and 52.35+/-0.58 mg/100 g body weight, respectively, when compared to control (untreated) in the testosterone-stimulated castrated intact male rats. Hence, the pro-androgenic effect as shown by this study further supported the traditional use of this plant as an aphrodisiac.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. very high dose igf-1 lr3 injects
    By mooch2321 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
  2. High doses and increase in "receptor cells"
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 08:48 AM
  3. Any negative effects of high dose L-arginine?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 01:40 AM
  4. A high dose of 4AD...
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 11:17 PM
  5. high dose of hmb
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Log in
Log in