Back in the Saddle, a little help please!!

nelson1919

Awards
Ok, I am back into lifting serious again after a bit of a layoff. I have been lifting on and off since high school (go through phases of losing motivation) and I am 31 now, I know my way around the gym pretty well so training is not an issue. I guess I am looking for supplement information. Just want some good advice on legal stuff. What is out there that you guys recomend! I read alot of muscle-tech bashing on here so I guess there stuff is no good or just overhyped and overpriced. Any and all advice and info would be appriciated.

Oh, I am looking to add size and strength without packing on a **** load of excess weight. I am currently 5'11" and 205. My body fat % is higher than I like but I am now way close to fat.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I am back into lifting serious again after a bit of a layoff. I have been lifting on and off since high school (go through phases of losing motivation) and I am 31 now, I know my way around the gym pretty well so training is not an issue. I guess I am looking for supplement information. Just want some good advice on legal stuff. What is out there that you guys recomend! I read alot of muscle-tech bashing on here so I guess there stuff is no good or just overhyped and overpriced. Any and all advice and info would be appriciated.

Oh, I am looking to add size and strength without packing on a **** load of excess weight. I am currently 5'11" and 205. My body fat % is higher than I like but I am now way close to fat.

I would look into some bulk Monohydrate, a 7Keto supp. like Lean Xtreme by DS, Xtend by Scivation (both 7OH and Xtend will help preserve muscle on a calorie deficit), Whey Protein (take as needed), and perhaps a preworkout supplement or a simple caffeine pill for the days that you need a pick-me-up.

With this in mind, diet will be key to losing weight.

-cal

nelson1919

Awards
Hey, thanks for the info!! I have really never looked at the 7Keto supps. What do people think about the creatine pills from MT. I like the ease of no powders, but is the MT pills worth the extra $$

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
MT is overpriced. Monohydrate is your best bet. Its proven and backed by countless studies. Throw in a good protein, keep your diet clean, and you'll be good to go.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
Hey, thanks for the info!! I have really never looked at the 7Keto supps. What do people think about the creatine pills from MT. I like the ease of no powders, but is the MT pills worth the extra $$
if you want to get a creatine pill, look into neovar by applied nutriceuticals.

jburgess

Awards
I have a few questions of my own about supplements. Even though they might say mix with cold water does it matter whether or not I mix them with something else instead? And can I mix multiple supplements together or will that have some sort of an effect on them? Right now I got some muscle-tech anabolic halo, nitro-tech, and nano vapor...

Now the nano vapor seems to be a real fine powder when disturbed you can see it rise like smoke. I didnt really feel much different or stronger when taking it but I didnt feel tired like I normally do either. Anabolic halo is a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin(carbs) with other ingredients (amino acids, creatine, etc.) and nitro-tech is whey protein which also has added ingredients.

From what I've read taking a 2:1 ratio of carbs and protein(.8g/kg and .4g/kg bodyweight) along with other supplements in the morning when you wake up and(I've read taking during/ before a workout causes blood or whatever to go to the stomach instead of your muscles or something like that) after a work out is ideal. Eating an hour or so before workout and about an hour after workout...

I think after this I am going to mix my own supplements because muscle-techs are just too expensive. Also I have a hard time not throwing up all the water during exercise and supplements before/ after exercise.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you want to get a creatine pill, look into neovar by applied nutriceuticals.
Great choice! Not only is it s great creatine product makes for an excellent recomp on top of the creatine with the addition of banaba and Rodiola Rosea.