Ginger Extract 20% Gingerols

  1. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Answers
    0

    Ginger Extract 20% Gingerols


    Anyone have any studies on this, I am looking this a good digestive aid, and also to help for nausea for my wife. I know it is in a few products.

  2. Registered User
    AtomSmasher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    361
    Answers
    0


    I know that ginger has an enzyme in it that helps digest protein, not sure on any other benefit though.
  3. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Ginger root has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. It exhibits NSAID-type activity by inhibiting an inflammatory enzyme, COX-2, and can also be used in the treatment of arthritis. Furthermore, it can be used for the management of headache, nausea, and vomiting. Other than gingerols, ginger has another component, (6)-shogaol, with a chemical structure similar to capsaicin. Ginger also exhibits anti-spasmodic properties, helps improve intestinal muscle tone, is also useful in the prevention of vomiting, and can stimulate bile production.

    High doses of ginger (>5g) can trigger ulcer and damage the lining of the stomach.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Answers
    0


    I have read some studies and I am just trying to find out what is a safe dose. I have also read that it is good for protein absorbtion.
  5. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I have read some studies and I am just trying to find out what is a safe dose. I have also read that it is good for protein absorbtion.
    Dosage varies. 25mg Gingerols to 150mg Gingerols daily. With food. Start low and work upwards, if needed.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Registered User
    terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    102
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Anyone have any studies on this, I am looking this a good digestive aid, and also to help for nausea for my wife. I know it is in a few products.
    What has your wife been diagnosed with?

    My stomach was producing way too much acid and as a result I would be nauseous and would vomit every day until noon.

    I took Omega 3 fish oils (enteric coated) a green foods drink with aloe, msm and ginger added to it. This helped alot combined with protonix that I took every day. It took almost 1 1/2 months to clear-up, but now I'm back to normal and I'm not taking protonix anymore.
  7. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    What has your wife been diagnosed with?

    My stomach was producing way too much acid and as a result I would be nauseous and would vomit every day until noon.

    I took Omega 3 fish oils (enteric coated) a green foods drink with aloe, msm and ginger added to it. This helped alot combined with protonix that I took every day. It took almost 1 1/2 months to clear-up, but now I'm back to normal and I'm not taking protonix anymore.


    Pregnancy, it this stuff where you produce kids because of egg fertilization. It's pretty weird but was fun making it. LOL

    She gets migraines alot and they are more frequent when she is pregnant. I don't know why some women get morning sickness when they are pregnant. Her's last all day, and usually the full nine months. So far here is the remedy I am working on for here.

    Gingerols 20%
    Digestive Enzymes (NOW Brand)
    -I read Papaya is good for morning sickness as well helps the digestive tract.
    FeverFew-For the Migraines
    Fish Oil
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ginger extract
    By GHopkins in forum Super Human Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:26 AM
  2. Anyone try the 'Pure Ginger Extract - Minimum 5% 6-Gingerol'?
    By purebred in forum Super Human Radio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 05:13 AM
  4. 20% Gingerols
    By 28540MC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in