Ginger Extract 20% Gingerols

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have any studies on this, I am looking this a good digestive aid, and also to help for nausea for my wife. I know it is in a few products.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I know that ginger has an enzyme in it that helps digest protein, not sure on any other benefit though.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ginger root has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. It exhibits NSAID-type activity by inhibiting an inflammatory enzyme, COX-2, and can also be used in the treatment of arthritis. Furthermore, it can be used for the management of headache, nausea, and vomiting. Other than gingerols, ginger has another component, (6)-shogaol, with a chemical structure similar to capsaicin. Ginger also exhibits anti-spasmodic properties, helps improve intestinal muscle tone, is also useful in the prevention of vomiting, and can stimulate bile production.

High doses of ginger (>5g) can trigger ulcer and damage the lining of the stomach.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read some studies and I am just trying to find out what is a safe dose. I have also read that it is good for protein absorbtion.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have read some studies and I am just trying to find out what is a safe dose. I have also read that it is good for protein absorbtion.
Dosage varies. 25mg Gingerols to 150mg Gingerols daily. With food. Start low and work upwards, if needed.

terminator

terminator

Awards
Anyone have any studies on this, I am looking this a good digestive aid, and also to help for nausea for my wife. I know it is in a few products.
What has your wife been diagnosed with?

My stomach was producing way too much acid and as a result I would be nauseous and would vomit every day until noon.

I took Omega 3 fish oils (enteric coated) a green foods drink with aloe, msm and ginger added to it. This helped alot combined with protonix that I took every day. It took almost 1 1/2 months to clear-up, but now I'm back to normal and I'm not taking protonix anymore.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What has your wife been diagnosed with?

My stomach was producing way too much acid and as a result I would be nauseous and would vomit every day until noon.

I took Omega 3 fish oils (enteric coated) a green foods drink with aloe, msm and ginger added to it. This helped alot combined with protonix that I took every day. It took almost 1 1/2 months to clear-up, but now I'm back to normal and I'm not taking protonix anymore.

Pregnancy, it this stuff where you produce kids because of egg fertilization. It's pretty weird but was fun making it. LOL

She gets migraines alot and they are more frequent when she is pregnant. I don't know why some women get morning sickness when they are pregnant. Her's last all day, and usually the full nine months. So far here is the remedy I am working on for here.

Gingerols 20%
Digestive Enzymes (NOW Brand)
-I read Papaya is good for morning sickness as well helps the digestive tract.
FeverFew-For the Migraines
Fish Oil