Who makes a very high EPA/DHA per cap fish oil these days? - AnabolicMinds.com

Who makes a very high EPA/DHA per cap fish oil these days?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,467
    Rep Power
    481976

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Who makes a very high EPA/DHA per cap fish oil these days?


    Who makes a very high EPA/DHA per cap fish oil these days?

  2. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I just use NOW brand. it's cheap.

    Want more EPA/DHA? Just take more capsules.
  3. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    now Ultra Omega 3, has 500mg EPA per gel, it is not stocked at the board store though
    They still have Super EPA, which is almost as good.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    506

    Reputation

    I usually use health from the sea flavored liquid, but since the bulk nutraplanet caps have come out I've been using those as the price is right.



    NP usually has sans triple strength in stock, but its currently out.
  5. Registered User
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1302

    Reputation

    Beverly at Nutraplanet a month for 15.99
  6. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1986

    Reputation

    Hell just go with Nutra's bulk caps. 1000 of them for like $23 bucks. (I might be off slightly on the price) You cant go wrong.
  7. Advanced Member
    Skigazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    17463

    Reputation

    I'll second the NOW Ultra Omega 3, 500mg EPA/250mg DHA per 1,000mg
    "I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, 'cause if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." - Charlie Sheen
  8. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    I'll second the NOW Ultra Omega 3, 500mg EPA/250mg DHA per 1,000mg
    I have been hassling NP to stock it for ages...

    I have to buy it from another unnamed store.
  9. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Biotest Flameout fishoil is 100% insane.


    But go with liquid fishoil like the lemon-lime from Vitamin Shoppe, take like 10g a day, fishburps on it actually taste good.
  10. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Biotest Flameout fishoil is 100% insane.
    Can you expand on that?
  11. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Can you expand on that?
    Highest epa/dha i've personally seen, I think it's the best if you're gonna go the cap route
  12. New Member
    Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    132

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post


    But go with liquid fishoil like the lemon-lime from Vitamin Shoppe, take like 10g a day, fishburps on it actually taste good.
    link to product? cant find it

    for the record, I enjoy NOW fish oil liquid - lemon flavor - the most ... 1 TBSP AM with my shake
  13. Board Supporter
    intv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    330

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Highest epa/dha i've personally seen, I think it's the best if you're gonna go the cap route
    I think flame out is the only one with a higher (much higher at that) ratio of DHA vs EPA.
  14. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by intv View Post
    I think flame out is the only one with a higher (much higher at that) ratio of DHA vs EPA.
    Yeah, I think the high EPA/DHA ratio on Flameout is the reason a lot of fish oil megadosers use it. Maybe EPA is more beneficial at very high amounts than DHA or something like that.
  15. New Member
    cal62887's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    NOW Ultra-Omega 3


    50% EPA
    25% DHA
  16. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Yeah, I think the high EPA/DHA ratio on Flameout is the reason a lot of fish oil megadosers use it. Maybe EPA is more beneficial at very high amounts than DHA or something like that.
    Flameout has more DHA than EPA. Much more.
    And a tiny amount of CLA for some reason...

    And the total fish EPA is not really enough...

    Really the product is not all that impressive unless you really need high dose DHA... And that person is not me, as I want EPA.
  17. Cub
    Cub is offline
    Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Purchase a bottle of Fish Oil in liquid form. You'll pay approximately $15-$20 for a 500ml bottle. If you want to achieve the full benefits of Fish Oil then dose it at 40ml. That's the equivalent of 40 capsules. This is the most effective dosage for fat loss and reducing inflammation. One bottle will last 3 weeks.
  18. Advanced Member
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Purchase a bottle of Fish Oil in liquid form. You'll pay approximately $15-$20 for a 500ml bottle. If you want to achieve the full benefits of Fish Oil then dose it at 40ml. That's the equivalent of 40 capsules. This is the most effective dosage for fat loss and reducing inflammation. One bottle will last 3 weeks.
    This is only recommended for short term dosing ( for example, you are following polquin's recommendations ).
  19. New Member
    Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    132

    Reputation

    I just picked up a bottle of liquid fish oil today that is 825mg EPA per TEASPOON :P
  20. New Member
    2fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    195

    Reputation

    Carlson Cod Liver oil or Nordic Naturals is probably the best way to go in fish oil type products. NOW is right behind them probably
  21. Cub
    Cub is offline
    Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    This is only recommended for short term dosing ( for example, you are following polquin's recommendations ).
    I've been dosing it this way for a few months now. I'll probably grow gills soon
  22. New Member
    Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    132

    Reputation

    :dl:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fresh View Post
    Carlson Cod Liver oil or Nordic Naturals is probably the best way to go in fish oil type products. NOW is right behind them probably
    I cant say they are the best because I havent tried either; however, I just bought a 16oz Nordic Naturals bottle of fish oil yesterday in lemon flavor. A big bottle is important to me, I cant find NOW fish oil in stores.... and I use these bad boys up quick since I take a tablespoon a day

    It has:
    • EPA 825 Mg
    • DHA 550 Mg


    ^^PER TEASPOON^^. Which is a high dose. 1 TABLESPOON with breakfast will take care of all your EFA needs
  23. New Member
    2fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    195

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    :dl:

    I cant say they are the best because I havent tried either; however, I just bought a 16oz Nordic Naturals bottle of fish oil yesterday in lemon flavor. A big bottle is important to me, I cant find NOW fish oil in stores.... and I use these bad boys up quick since I take a tablespoon a day

    It has:
    • EPA 825 Mg
    • DHA 550 Mg


    ^^PER TEASPOON^^. Which is a high dose. 1 TABLESPOON with breakfast will take care of all your EFA needs



    Well the reasoning I say is because I work at a Vitamin Shoppe and customers upon customers tell me these two specific brands have had more of an impact on their health then any other.
  24. New Member
    Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    132

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 2fresh View Post
    Well the reasoning I say is because I work at a Vitamin Shoppe and customers upon customers tell me these two specific brands have had more of an impact on their health then any other.
    good news, I'm about to get a job at the vitamin shoppe....i'm writing you a pm.

    Look foward to trying out the product.
  25. New Member
    Wanker527's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    162

    Reputation

    Health from the Sea - liquid, orange flavored
  26. New Member
    badfish51581's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    I have been hassling NP to stock it for ages...

    I have to buy it from another unnamed store.
    Sadly enough, I have to do this as well.

    You can't beat the NOW Ultra Omega 3 when it has 500mg EPA/250mg DHA per 1,000mg for about $20-22.
  27. New Member
    Tiny Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    I'll see about our fish oil being out of stock. For a capsule product it is a very high concentration (the highest I've seen I think, per cap)- but for megadosers the liquid is the way to go (IMO, at least). Fish Fats is an effective way to get EPA/DHA in convenient doses, but Poliquin method is better suited for liquid, where the cost/gram is significantly less.
  28. Senior Member
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    920

    Reputation

    I loaded up on SAN fish oil months back


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    I'll see about our fish oil being out of stock. For a capsule product it is a very high concentration (the highest I've seen I think, per cap)- but for megadosers the liquid is the way to go (IMO, at least). Fish Fats is an effective way to get EPA/DHA in convenient doses, but Poliquin method is better suited for liquid, where the cost/gram is significantly less.
  29. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    I'll see about our fish oil being out of stock. For a capsule product it is a very high concentration (the highest I've seen I think, per cap)- but for megadosers the liquid is the way to go (IMO, at least). Fish Fats is an effective way to get EPA/DHA in convenient doses, but Poliquin method is better suited for liquid, where the cost/gram is significantly less.
    I went to the sann site and checked it out, pretty awesome, I think the Now product is cheaper with a lot more servs and only a few mg less... But I have no idea about the quality of ether. Care to elaborate on what sets sann about from now ultra omega 3?
  30. New Member
    Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    132

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    I went to the sann site and checked it out, pretty awesome, I think the Now product is cheaper with a lot more servs and only a few mg less... But I have no idea about the quality of ether. Care to elaborate on what sets sann about from now ultra omega 3?
    Bro read a few posts up, much easier to just down a tablespoon of fish oil in the AM than pop 10 pills a day. It really doesn't taste that bad and liquids are usually very highly dosed.
  31. New Member
    Tiny Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    I went to the sann site and checked it out, pretty awesome, I think the Now product is cheaper with a lot more servs and only a few mg less... But I have no idea about the quality of ether. Care to elaborate on what sets sann about from now ultra omega 3?
    Sorry, I only just saw your post. Which of the NOW products are we talking about in particular? Right now I unfortunately don't have much time, but I will respond more as soon as some frees up..
  32. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    Sorry, I only just saw your post. Which of the NOW products are we talking about in particular? Right now I unfortunately don't have much time, but I will respond more as soon as some frees up..
    Now Ultra Omega 3
    similar numbers, but more servings.
  33. New Member
    fabian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    94

    Reputation

    carlson
  34. New Member
    Tiny Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Now Ultra Omega 3
    similar numbers, but more servings.
    I had to pull the prices from another website, because I didn't see this from Nutraplanet. Correct me if I got the wrong products:

    NOW Omega-3
    100 servings (2 cap)
    $6.95
    EPA: 360mg
    DHA: 240mg

    Fish Fats:
    60 servings (1 cap)
    $16.99

    To get the values, we have to calculate some:

    From 1350mg, we have 43% EPA, 22% DHA, 10% SDA (16:4), and then some vit. E on the side (10IU).

    That yields:
    EPA: 580.5mg
    DHA: 297mg
    SDA: 135mg


    SDA is a less commonly known FA, and worth pausing for a moment to consider. SDA means stearidonic acid, part of the omega-3 acids, is an EPA/DHA precursor. The interesting part of SDA is that it comes from a renewable source - from sources such as flaxseed, spirulina, and certain other plants. Because it can be grown, instead of harvested (like fish), the system will last a lot longer; while sadly, fish will not (depletion hasn't had the effects seen so much, but it will). This property alone makes SDA interesting. As for conversion, we see roughly a 1:.3:.07 EPA:SDA:ALA ratio 1.

    EPA/DHA + .3*SDA = 580.5mg + 297mg + 135mg*.3 (conversion to EPA) = total

    So basically, you have a higher concentration (about 580 + 300 + 45 or so), and 5x the vitamin E power - 10IU as compared to 2IU. I'm about to sleep, and didn't do the price per gram, but it's a straightforward calculation.
  35. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Now Ultra Omega 3
    180 caps for 22 bucks.
    Per Cap:
    Natural Fish Oil Concentrate 1.0g (1,000mg) †
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids 750mg †
    Eicosapentaenoic (EPA) 500mg †
    Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 250mg †
  36. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774630

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix;
    Now Ultra Omega 3
    180 caps for 22 bucks.
    Per Cap:
    Natural Fish Oil Concentrate 1.0g (1,000mg) †
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids 750mg †
    Eicosapentaenoic (EPA) 500mg †
    Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 250mg †
    This is truly loaded with EPA/DHA. Amazing how they go all that in one softgel.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  37. Advanced Member
    SgtP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    1447

    Reputation

    too bad NP doesnt have the Ultra Omega 3.
  38. Registered User
    BOHICA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    720

    Reputation

    NOW's fish oil isn't a very high quality fish oil, isn't molecullary distilled, and therefore probably contains amounts of mercury and other toxins fish injest.

    I recommend Cooper Complete as the best price wise fish oil out there. Especially for cardiovascular benefits.
  39. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774630

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA;
    NOW's fish oil isn't a very high quality fish oil, isn't molecullary distilled, and therefore probably contains amounts of mercury and other toxins fish injest.

    ...
    Are you sure of this?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  40. Registered User
    BOHICA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    720

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Are you sure of this?
    Yes, they don't process it to high standards like other companies. They do run batch tests in order to see if toxins are making it into the products, but never filter or distill it. I would rather take something that is the purest form of fish oil compared to something that is just tested to make sure it isn't bad.

    That is another reason why their price is cheaper than a lot of companies out there.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Calories per NP fish oil capsule?
    By jamze7417 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
  2. Man Vaporize vs. plain DHA/EPA fish oil supplement?
    By aerlyn02 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 09:34 AM
  3. ATD-- who makes/sells?
    By stratvox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 11:36 PM
  4. who makes a trans 1-test?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
  5. WHO MAKES THE BEST M1,4add
    By Kachinsky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in