Forskolin (capping & Dosage)

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, another Forskolin question :type:

Ok, this is the deal... :stick: On my bulk powder bottle it doesn't say how much to take a day... It just shows me the supplement facts. This is where I need help. Right now I'm using Bolic (UPSLabs) and probably have enough for a month. Then I'm going to switch over to my bulk powder.... This is what I have (says on the bottle). Forskolii 20%: 30 grams.... Supplement facts: Serving size 200mg, Serving per container 150, 1/4 TSP 660mg, Amount per serving (40mg active) Forskohlii).... Now I'm going to start capping and I believe 1/4 TSP will fit a 00 cap.... How many would I take a day?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
25mg of active (your have 20%, so 100mg = 20mg) 4 times a day.

So... you want 250mg, so, 1/3rd of a 00 cap 4 times a day...

Mock up.

Some ideas.

Mix it with another bulk powder.
Get smaller caps.
Use scales.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, another Forskolin question :type:

.... This is what I have (says on the bottle). Forskolii 20%: 30 grams.... Supplement facts: Serving size 200mg, Serving per container 150, 1/4 TSP 660mg, Amount per serving (40mg active) Forskohlii).... Now I'm going to start capping and I believe 1/4 TSP will fit a 00 cap.... How many would I take a day?
1/4 TSP will deliver 660mg of Coleus Forskohlii and 132mg of Forskolin. This is far more than recommended and definitely not to be taken at once.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
25mg of active (your have 20%, so 100mg = 20mg) 4 times a day.

So... you want 250mg, so, 1/3rd of a 00 cap 4 times a day...

Mock up.

Some ideas.

Mix it with another bulk powder.
Get smaller caps.
Use scales.
Your recommendation was 100mg in four equal doses daily. Then it got confusing when you suggested "So... you want 250mg ..." Some more clarification would help.

Sevename

Awards
Take the amount of active you want and divide by 0.2 or multiply by 5 to get how much to take at once.

Ex:
Say you want 25mg active per dose.
25mg x 5 = 125mg
or
25mg/.2 = 125mg

So 125mg of the powder will yeild 25mg of actives.

I believe 20 or 25 mg of the active is where most people start. How much is in a single serving of Camphibolic I'm not sure, but I imagine you can find that out on here somewhere.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

So 125mg of the powder will yeild 25mg of actives.
Spot on! Raw Powder x % Extraction = Amount of Active

I believe 20 or 25 mg of the active is where most people start...
Per dose. And ramp up. You can do up to 100mg or more daily, if you can stomach it!

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
AWWWWW:dl:.... Can you help a guy out ?:stick:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would consider suspending this in extra virgen olive oil instead of capping it since the effective dose is not in gram quantities.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
AWWWWW:dl:.... Can you help a guy out ?:stick:
You have all the information you need, post what you are thinking of doing, and I'll tell you what I think.

For my self, I am mixing 1 part Bulk forsalean 20%, with 4 parts Cissus, then putting this into 00 caps. (based on my tests with scales on how much forsalean fits in an 00 and how much cissus fits).

I highly recommend you understand what you are doing for your self.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I've never capped before... I just wanted to know how to do it and the proper dosage. As you stated before, I will be mixing with another bulk powder. (cissus, If thats what I should do). I've done my research on Forskolin :type: and there isn't much out there... So it's all new to me..... Like I said before, I have a months worth of Bolic (USPLabs) and want to continue with the powdered Forslolin once it's gone.... Anyone even know how long you can cycle/take this stuff?

You have all the information you need, post what you are thinking of doing, and I'll tell you what I think.

For my self, I am mixing 1 part Bulk forsalean 20%, with 4 parts Cissus, then putting this into 00 caps. (based on my tests with scales on how much forsalean fits in an 00 and how much cissus fits).

I highly recommend you understand what you are doing for your self.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
The study that USPlabs referenced for Bolic was a 3 months stint at a steady dosage. So, I'd recommend a 90 run...(its what I'm doing with bulk Forskolin in a few weeks). I haven't capped it yet, but I don't cap like nelix. I have a very accurate (down to 0.01g) scale that I use and I fill the capsules one at a time (I put in 0.13g of powder, ie 130mg of powder 26mg active).

And I know that sounds slow and tedious, but I'm sort of OCD about getting my dosage as correct as possible, at least for the first week or two worth. I have bulk Cissus as well, I'm just not sure about mixing the powders, because I want to make sure I only get 25-26mg of active in my caps for the first week or so. The last thing I want to do is give myself diarrhea and turn myself off of a possibly great product (aka Forslean).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pondering a sunless tanning lotion from bulk forskolin, i'm still trying to decide on a good (ie cheap) carrier for that tho. seems like there are serious clinical studies showing it works, and provides protection from skin cancer as well

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Good post.... good info!

The study that USPlabs referenced for Bolic was a 3 months stint at a steady dosage. So, I'd recommend a 90 run...(its what I'm doing with bulk Forskolin in a few weeks). I haven't capped it yet, but I don't cap like nelix. I have a very accurate (down to 0.01g) scale that I use and I fill the capsules one at a time (I put in 0.13g of powder, ie 130mg of powder 26mg active).

And I know that sounds slow and tedious, but I'm sort of OCD about getting my dosage as correct as possible, at least for the first week or two worth. I have bulk Cissus as well, I'm just not sure about mixing the powders, because I want to make sure I only get 25-26mg of active in my caps for the first week or so. The last thing I want to do is give myself diarrhea and turn myself off of a possibly great product (aka Forslean).

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would consider suspending this in extra virgen olive oil instead of capping it since the effective dose is not in gram quantities.
Iron Warrior--- I see you mentioning suspending things in an olive oil solution more than anyone else just about. So I've got a question for you. Will me mixing my bulk powders (like testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an oil suspension make them any more bio-available at all? I don't mind the taste of these things. I just want to get the most out of them.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
The amount of forskolin powder you need to take at once is so small you don't need to worry about capping it. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't dissolve in water either. Just swirl it around in water or drop it right in your mouth and swallow with some water. I take 400mg of the bulk at once and it's easy to take. You just need a really accurate scale. Mine does down to 0.1g or 100mg which is accurate enough for me. If it's off by 50mg it doesn't make a big difference for forskolin.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior--- I see you mentioning suspending things in an olive oil solution more than anyone else just about. So I've got a question for you. Will me mixing my bulk powders (like testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an oil suspension make them any more bio-available at all? I don't mind the taste of these things. I just want to get the most out of them.
I don't think bioavailability will be that much improved by using olive oil but it beats the hell out of capping and you ingest sopmething that's good for you with your powders. Just don't go crazy and try to pack too much powder per volume and you'll be good ;)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think bioavailability will be that much improved by using olive oil but it beats the hell out of capping and you ingest sopmething that's good for you with your powders. Just don't go crazy and try to pack too much powder per volume and you'll be good ;)
IronWarrior--- Yeah, the whole " make it more bio-available" was what I was hoping for, but OH WELL! Why don't I just swallow the half or whole teaspoon of whatever I'm taking and chase it with a dropper full of olive oil? Be the same difference, wouldn't it? And, yes, I did try to add too much powder(longjack) to the first batch and had to add more olive oil to it. So, I'm thinking just take the powder, swallow, and chase with a tablespoon of EVOO behind it? Sound good?!!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is a quote from Sabinsa on Forslean price

ForsLean 10% - $ 165.00/Kg
ForsLean 20% - $ 330.00/Kg
ForsLean 40% - $ 660.00/kg
ForsLean 95% - $ 2400/Kg
ForsLean 98% - $ 2800/Kg

It looks pretty expensive, USPlabs must of got a good deal, when they made bolic.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a quote from Sabinsa on Forslean price

ForsLean 10% - $ 165.00/Kg
ForsLean 20% - $ 330.00/Kg
ForsLean 40% - $ 660.00/kg
ForsLean 95% - $ 2400/Kg
ForsLean 98% - $ 2800/Kg

It looks pretty expensive, USPlabs must of got a good deal, when they made bolic.
Not really. when you look at it, it takes 5kg of 20% to make the same net effective as 1kg of 98%, so $1650 vs 2800. So they did run the bottle of Bolic out cheap, but i've seen the 20% pretty cheap too.

thats $1.65 per gram of active vs $2.80 per gram of active. Really if the digestive irritation is less, its well worth that premium as you are talking a 12 cents a day difference at 100mg a day.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Forskolin is one of the hardest supps to dose with out a scale. You end up using such a small amount that it is hard to hit your dosage. You end up under dosed or with the poops. It's one of the few supps I prefer not to get in bulk.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh for sure. but i'd rather take 10g of 98% and cut it with maltodextrin or maybe creatine mono (something else, i'd have to think what)? to being a 20-25% mix and cap it to yield 25mg forskolin. that is if the idea is true that the higher % extracts cause less stomach issues. I dont' see many bolic logs still tho

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh for sure. but i'd rather take 10g of 98% and cut it with maltodextrin or maybe creatine mono (something else, i'd have to think what)? to being a 20-25% mix and cap it to yield 25mg forskolin. that is if the idea is true that the higher % extracts cause less stomach issues. I dont' see many bolic logs still tho

When I get my 95% Forslean I am going to mix it with maybe Testofen, I will be aiming at 25mg of Forslean and 500mg of Testofen 2 times per day.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
For those not sure how to mix the powder, Mix it with a different colored supplement or powder to ensure you have a proper mix of both. This way you can physically see how well and accurate your caps will be.

Also 60-80mg/day of Forskolin has been more then enough for me, then mix it with green tea and ah the fat melts off.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IronWarrior--- Yeah, the whole " make it more bio-available" was what I was hoping for, but OH WELL! Why don't I just swallow the half or whole teaspoon of whatever I'm taking and chase it with a dropper full of olive oil? Be the same difference, wouldn't it? And, yes, I did try to add too much powder(longjack) to the first batch and had to add more olive oil to it. So, I'm thinking just take the powder, swallow, and chase with a tablespoon of EVOO behind it? Sound good?!!
If you can just down it like a shot of tequila then that's good enough bro. I tried that with piracetam and I got the worst bitter beer face of all-time with that approach LOL. If you get tired of it then mix your powder with water and liquid sucralose, this works well on powerfull since I take 9 grams daily.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys split the bulk forskolin dosage daily or take it all at one time. Meaning, do you take 100mg all at once or split it up to 25mg and take it 4 times daily.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you guys split the bulk forskolin dosage daily or take it all at one time. Meaning, do you take 100mg all at once or split it up to 25mg and take it 4 times daily.
Splitting is definitely the superior option. 25mg/dose is excellent.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Thanks strategic. One more question. I have NP's bulk forskolin. It says on the label 1/4tsp = 650mg.
Am I correct in my math that 1/32tsp = 81.25mg?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks strategic. One more question. I have NP's bulk forskolin. It says on the label 1/4tsp = 650mg.
Am I correct in my math that 1/32tsp = 81.25mg?
Correct. How do you plan to measure 1/32tsp? I hope you have a fine scale! :)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Spot on! Raw Powder x % Extraction = Amount of Active

Per dose. And ramp up. You can do up to 100mg or more daily, if you can stomach it!
Excuse my ignorance, but I have one more question. When you mention 100mg daily, is that 100mg of bulk power or actives. Their's a big difference in 100mg of actives or just bulk.

SHSUStudent

Awards
Excuse my ignorance, but I have one more question. When you mention 100mg daily, is that 100mg of bulk power or actives. Their's a big difference in 100mg of actives or just bulk.

I just ordered the bulk as well and was told to start at 75-100mg/day of the actives. Split over 3-4 doses.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the bulk as well and was told to start at 75-100mg/day of the actives. Split over 3-4 doses.
Thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood and took it for 100mg of bulk. Trying to dose out 100mg of bulk into 4 doses was really difficult. 100mg of active makes it a lot easier dosage wise.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are best off starting lower, going with 25mg of active first couple days, then upping it every 3-4 days till you hit 100. helps with the digestive issues

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
you are best off starting lower, going with 25mg of active first couple days, then upping it every 3-4 days till you hit 100. helps with the digestive issues
cool, sounds good. I think I will start with 16mg of active dosed 4 times a day and then ramp up to 25mg/4 times a day for 100mg active.

SHSUStudent

Awards
cool, sounds good. I think I will start with 16mg of active dosed 4 times a day and then ramp up to 25mg/4 times a day for 100mg active.
That's a good plan, think I'll do the same when mine arrives tomorrow.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw this now. I meant actives, like subsequent posters implied. Effective clinical studies on forskolin as a fat loss agent used 50mg daily. So it would help to start around here and build up. Roughly in line with Easy's prescription.

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, and purchased a Dash, Pinch measuring spoon set. The smallest spoon called a Smidgen scoops up around 25-30mg of Coleus. Not sure what the % of this is, I purchased it from CNW back when they carried it. I love the pumps in the gym with Coleus, have never ran it on a cut. Definately helps in the erection department.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, and purchased a Dash, Pinch measuring spoon set. The smallest spoon called a Smidgen scoops up around 25-30mg of Coleus. Not sure what the % of this is, I purchased it from CNW back when they carried it. I love the pumps in the gym with Coleus, have never ran it on a cut. Definately helps in the erection department.
I've got the same measurement scoops. The smidgen scoop is 1/32tsp. So if your extract is 20%, then 1 scoop is 16mg of active.

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
will forskolin powder remain stable if dissolved in plain water? or would it even dissolve in the first place? i know the amount of alcohol would be minute but the thought of tasting a tiny shot of vodka multiple times a day to dose is gross...and i love vodka in its time and place so dont want to ruin that!

other than that, dose anyone have an accurate dose of 95% pure camp in one of those teeny tiny white scoops?

i have a mg scale but even with that im having trouble