1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.12%

Forskolin (capping & Dosage)

Sorry, another Forskolin question

Ok, this is the deal... On my bulk powder bottle it doesn't say how much to take a day... It just shows me the supplement facts. This is where I need help. Right now I'm using Bolic (UPSLabs) and probably have enough for a month. Then I'm going to switch over to my bulk powder.... This is what I have (says on the bottle). Forskolii 20%: 30 grams.... Supplement facts: Serving size 200mg, Serving per container 150, 1/4 TSP 660mg, Amount per serving (40mg active) Forskohlii).... Now I'm going to start capping and I believe 1/4 TSP will fit a 00 cap.... How many would I take a day?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

25mg of active (your have 20%, so 100mg = 20mg) 4 times a day.

So... you want 250mg, so, 1/3rd of a 00 cap 4 times a day...

Mock up.

Some ideas.

Mix it with another bulk powder.
    Get smaller caps.
    Use scales.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills View Post
    Sorry, another Forskolin question

.... This is what I have (says on the bottle). Forskolii 20%: 30 grams.... Supplement facts: Serving size 200mg, Serving per container 150, 1/4 TSP 660mg, Amount per serving (40mg active) Forskohlii).... Now I'm going to start capping and I believe 1/4 TSP will fit a 00 cap.... How many would I take a day?
    1/4 TSP will deliver 660mg of Coleus Forskohlii and 132mg of Forskolin. This is far more than recommended and definitely not to be taken at once.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    25mg of active (your have 20%, so 100mg = 20mg) 4 times a day.

So... you want 250mg, so, 1/3rd of a 00 cap 4 times a day...

Mock up.

Some ideas.

Mix it with another bulk powder.
    Get smaller caps.
    Use scales.
    Your recommendation was 100mg in four equal doses daily. Then it got confusing when you suggested "So... you want 250mg ..." Some more clarification would help.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.23%

Take the amount of active you want and divide by 0.2 or multiply by 5 to get how much to take at once.

Ex:
    Say you want 25mg active per dose.
    25mg x 5 = 125mg
    or
    25mg/.2 = 125mg

So 125mg of the powder will yeild 25mg of actives.

I believe 20 or 25 mg of the active is where most people start. How much is in a single serving of Camphibolic I'm not sure, but I imagine you can find that out on here somewhere.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by Sevename View Post

So 125mg of the powder will yeild 25mg of actives.
    Spot on! Raw Powder x % Extraction = Amount of Active

Quote Originally Posted by Sevename View Post
    I believe 20 or 25 mg of the active is where most people start...
    Per dose. And ramp up. You can do up to 100mg or more daily, if you can stomach it!
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Your recommendation was 100mg in four equal doses daily. Then it got confusing when you suggested "So... you want 250mg ..." Some more clarification would help.
    I am so vague.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.12%

AWWWWW:dl:.... Can you help a guy out ?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I would consider suspending this in extra virgen olive oil instead of capping it since the effective dose is not in gram quantities.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills View Post
    AWWWWW:dl:.... Can you help a guy out ?
    You have all the information you need, post what you are thinking of doing, and I'll tell you what I think.

For my self, I am mixing 1 part Bulk forsalean 20%, with 4 parts Cissus, then putting this into 00 caps. (based on my tests with scales on how much forsalean fits in an 00 and how much cissus fits).

I highly recommend you understand what you are doing for your self.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.12%

I've never capped before... I just wanted to know how to do it and the proper dosage. As you stated before, I will be mixing with another bulk powder. (cissus, If thats what I should do). I've done my research on Forskolin and there isn't much out there... So it's all new to me..... Like I said before, I have a months worth of Bolic (USPLabs) and want to continue with the powdered Forslolin once it's gone.... Anyone even know how long you can cycle/take this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    You have all the information you need, post what you are thinking of doing, and I'll tell you what I think.

For my self, I am mixing 1 part Bulk forsalean 20%, with 4 parts Cissus, then putting this into 00 caps. (based on my tests with scales on how much forsalean fits in an 00 and how much cissus fits).

I highly recommend you understand what you are doing for your self.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The study that USPlabs referenced for Bolic was a 3 months stint at a steady dosage. So, I'd recommend a 90 run...(its what I'm doing with bulk Forskolin in a few weeks). I haven't capped it yet, but I don't cap like nelix. I have a very accurate (down to 0.01g) scale that I use and I fill the capsules one at a time (I put in 0.13g of powder, ie 130mg of powder 26mg active).

And I know that sounds slow and tedious, but I'm sort of OCD about getting my dosage as correct as possible, at least for the first week or two worth. I have bulk Cissus as well, I'm just not sure about mixing the powders, because I want to make sure I only get 25-26mg of active in my caps for the first week or so. The last thing I want to do is give myself diarrhea and turn myself off of a possibly great product (aka Forslean).
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I am pondering a sunless tanning lotion from bulk forskolin, i'm still trying to decide on a good (ie cheap) carrier for that tho. seems like there are serious clinical studies showing it works, and provides protection from skin cancer as well
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.12%

Good post.... good info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    The study that USPlabs referenced for Bolic was a 3 months stint at a steady dosage. So, I'd recommend a 90 run...(its what I'm doing with bulk Forskolin in a few weeks). I haven't capped it yet, but I don't cap like nelix. I have a very accurate (down to 0.01g) scale that I use and I fill the capsules one at a time (I put in 0.13g of powder, ie 130mg of powder 26mg active).

And I know that sounds slow and tedious, but I'm sort of OCD about getting my dosage as correct as possible, at least for the first week or two worth. I have bulk Cissus as well, I'm just not sure about mixing the powders, because I want to make sure I only get 25-26mg of active in my caps for the first week or so. The last thing I want to do is give myself diarrhea and turn myself off of a possibly great product (aka Forslean).
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I would consider suspending this in extra virgen olive oil instead of capping it since the effective dose is not in gram quantities.
    Iron Warrior--- I see you mentioning suspending things in an olive oil solution more than anyone else just about. So I've got a question for you. Will me mixing my bulk powders (like testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an oil suspension make them any more bio-available at all? I don't mind the taste of these things. I just want to get the most out of them.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.44%

The amount of forskolin powder you need to take at once is so small you don't need to worry about capping it. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't dissolve in water either. Just swirl it around in water or drop it right in your mouth and swallow with some water. I take 400mg of the bulk at once and it's easy to take. You just need a really accurate scale. Mine does down to 0.1g or 100mg which is accurate enough for me. If it's off by 50mg it doesn't make a big difference for forskolin.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Iron Warrior--- I see you mentioning suspending things in an olive oil solution more than anyone else just about. So I've got a question for you. Will me mixing my bulk powders (like testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an oil suspension make them any more bio-available at all? I don't mind the taste of these things. I just want to get the most out of them.
    I don't think bioavailability will be that much improved by using olive oil but it beats the hell out of capping and you ingest sopmething that's good for you with your powders. Just don't go crazy and try to pack too much powder per volume and you'll be good
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I don't think bioavailability will be that much improved by using olive oil but it beats the hell out of capping and you ingest sopmething that's good for you with your powders. Just don't go crazy and try to pack too much powder per volume and you'll be good
    IronWarrior--- Yeah, the whole " make it more bio-available" was what I was hoping for, but OH WELL! Why don't I just swallow the half or whole teaspoon of whatever I'm taking and chase it with a dropper full of olive oil? Be the same difference, wouldn't it? And, yes, I did try to add too much powder(longjack) to the first batch and had to add more olive oil to it. So, I'm thinking just take the powder, swallow, and chase with a tablespoon of EVOO behind it? Sound good?!!
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Here is a quote from Sabinsa on Forslean price

ForsLean 10% - $ 165.00/Kg
    ForsLean 20% - $ 330.00/Kg
    ForsLean 40% - $ 660.00/kg
    ForsLean 95% - $ 2400/Kg
    ForsLean 98% - $ 2800/Kg

It looks pretty expensive, USPlabs must of got a good deal, when they made bolic.
  20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Here is a quote from Sabinsa on Forslean price

ForsLean 10% - $ 165.00/Kg
    ForsLean 20% - $ 330.00/Kg
    ForsLean 40% - $ 660.00/kg
    ForsLean 95% - $ 2400/Kg
    ForsLean 98% - $ 2800/Kg

It looks pretty expensive, USPlabs must of got a good deal, when they made bolic.
    Not really. when you look at it, it takes 5kg of 20% to make the same net effective as 1kg of 98%, so $1650 vs 2800. So they did run the bottle of Bolic out cheap, but i've seen the 20% pretty cheap too.

thats $1.65 per gram of active vs $2.80 per gram of active. Really if the digestive irritation is less, its well worth that premium as you are talking a 12 cents a day difference at 100mg a day.
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.32%

Forskolin is one of the hardest supps to dose with out a scale. You end up using such a small amount that it is hard to hit your dosage. You end up under dosed or with the poops. It's one of the few supps I prefer not to get in bulk.
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%

oh for sure. but i'd rather take 10g of 98% and cut it with maltodextrin or maybe creatine mono (something else, i'd have to think what)? to being a 20-25% mix and cap it to yield 25mg forskolin. that is if the idea is true that the higher % extracts cause less stomach issues. I dont' see many bolic logs still tho
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    oh for sure. but i'd rather take 10g of 98% and cut it with maltodextrin or maybe creatine mono (something else, i'd have to think what)? to being a 20-25% mix and cap it to yield 25mg forskolin. that is if the idea is true that the higher % extracts cause less stomach issues. I dont' see many bolic logs still tho

When I get my 95% Forslean I am going to mix it with maybe Testofen, I will be aiming at 25mg of Forslean and 500mg of Testofen 2 times per day.
  24. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

For those not sure how to mix the powder, Mix it with a different colored supplement or powder to ensure you have a proper mix of both. This way you can physically see how well and accurate your caps will be.

Also 60-80mg/day of Forskolin has been more then enough for me, then mix it with green tea and ah the fat melts off.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    IronWarrior--- Yeah, the whole " make it more bio-available" was what I was hoping for, but OH WELL! Why don't I just swallow the half or whole teaspoon of whatever I'm taking and chase it with a dropper full of olive oil? Be the same difference, wouldn't it? And, yes, I did try to add too much powder(longjack) to the first batch and had to add more olive oil to it. So, I'm thinking just take the powder, swallow, and chase with a tablespoon of EVOO behind it? Sound good?!!
    If you can just down it like a shot of tequila then that's good enough bro. I tried that with piracetam and I got the worst bitter beer face of all-time with that approach LOL. If you get tired of it then mix your powder with water and liquid sucralose, this works well on powerfull since I take 9 grams daily.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Do you guys split the bulk forskolin dosage daily or take it all at one time. Meaning, do you take 100mg all at once or split it up to 25mg and take it 4 times daily.
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    Do you guys split the bulk forskolin dosage daily or take it all at one time. Meaning, do you take 100mg all at once or split it up to 25mg and take it 4 times daily.
    Splitting is definitely the superior option. 25mg/dose is excellent.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Thanks strategic. One more question. I have NP's bulk forskolin. It says on the label 1/4tsp = 650mg.
    Am I correct in my math that 1/32tsp = 81.25mg?
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Thanks strategic. One more question. I have NP's bulk forskolin. It says on the label 1/4tsp = 650mg.
    Am I correct in my math that 1/32tsp = 81.25mg?
    Correct. How do you plan to measure 1/32tsp? I hope you have a fine scale!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Correct. How do you plan to measure 1/32tsp? I hope you have a fine scale!
    Actually I have 1/32 measuring scoop. Bought it specifically for dosing forskolin.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Spot on! Raw Powder x % Extraction = Amount of Active

Per dose. And ramp up. You can do up to 100mg or more daily, if you can stomach it!
    Excuse my ignorance, but I have one more question. When you mention 100mg daily, is that 100mg of bulk power or actives. Their's a big difference in 100mg of actives or just bulk.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.94%

Excuse my ignorance, but I have one more question. When you mention 100mg daily, is that 100mg of bulk power or actives. Their's a big difference in 100mg of actives or just bulk.

I just ordered the bulk as well and was told to start at 75-100mg/day of the actives. Split over 3-4 doses.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Quote Originally Posted by SHSUStudent View Post
    I just ordered the bulk as well and was told to start at 75-100mg/day of the actives. Split over 3-4 doses.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood and took it for 100mg of bulk. Trying to dose out 100mg of bulk into 4 doses was really difficult. 100mg of active makes it a lot easier dosage wise.
  34. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%

you are best off starting lower, going with 25mg of active first couple days, then upping it every 3-4 days till you hit 100. helps with the digestive issues
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you are best off starting lower, going with 25mg of active first couple days, then upping it every 3-4 days till you hit 100. helps with the digestive issues
    cool, sounds good. I think I will start with 16mg of active dosed 4 times a day and then ramp up to 25mg/4 times a day for 100mg active.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.94%

cool, sounds good. I think I will start with 16mg of active dosed 4 times a day and then ramp up to 25mg/4 times a day for 100mg active.
    That's a good plan, think I'll do the same when mine arrives tomorrow.
  37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil;
    Just saw this now. I meant actives, like subsequent posters implied. Effective clinical studies on forskolin as a fat loss agent used 50mg daily. So it would help to start around here and build up. Roughly in line with Easy's prescription.
  38. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

And as a word of caution, remember to increase your water intake otherwise you will get headaches, as I found out the hard way lol.
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95%

Wink

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, and purchased a Dash, Pinch measuring spoon set. The smallest spoon called a Smidgen scoops up around 25-30mg of Coleus. Not sure what the % of this is, I purchased it from CNW back when they carried it. I love the pumps in the gym with Coleus, have never ran it on a cut. Definately helps in the erection department.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Deccadick View Post
    I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, and purchased a Dash, Pinch measuring spoon set. The smallest spoon called a Smidgen scoops up around 25-30mg of Coleus. Not sure what the % of this is, I purchased it from CNW back when they carried it. I love the pumps in the gym with Coleus, have never ran it on a cut. Definately helps in the erection department.
    I've got the same measurement scoops. The smidgen scoop is 1/32tsp. So if your extract is 20%, then 1 scoop is 16mg of active.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for Bulk Forskolin Caps (95%)
    By gkusa001 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 11:10 PM
  2. 95% Forskolin Caps Now Available
    By nattydisaster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
  3. Capped torem dosage
    By srblan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
  4. Tips for capping small dosage [~150mg NA-R-ALA]???
    By Goffio69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM