Superdrol-NG questions from a Newb

g0lden

Awards
I work alot of overtime and don't have much time to make a gym membership worth my money. However, I want to start doing some sort of work out, even if it is small potatos. My body probably needs it. I figure push-ups, pull-ups, crunches will get me started since I already find them hard to do. I will also buy a bench set when I get the strength to go a litte heavier.

Anyway was wondering if Superdrol-NG would be a good supplement to take to help me gain some muscle mass?

Sorry if these are newb questions. oh yeah I don't have an athletic figure. a little extra baggage in the form of extra gut. I am 5'11" and weigh 171 Lbs

eazy90

Awards
If push-ups and crunches are difficult for you....You're just plain out of shape and need to get back into shape before looking into supplements especially PH's like SDNG in my honest opinion.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
If push-ups and crunches are difficult for you....You're just plain out of shape and need to get back into shape before looking into supplements especially PH's like SDNG in my honest opinion.
Ive been hearing that SDNG isnt much of a PH. Its more on the lines of a pre-workout supplement if you ask me.

If your thinking about PH's though dude forget it. If you cant do push ups then you need a lot of work. get your diet down first. This is probably the most important of all. Eat clean and have enough calories. This is the best and most important step for gaining mass. Even if its just pushups, pull ups what ever, good food = growth. You could lack food, and try to do push ups until your face turns blue and it would do you no good.

eazy90

Awards
Ive been hearing that SDNG isnt much of a PH. Its more on the lines of a pre-workout supplement if you ask me.

If your thin
king about PH's though dude forget it. If you cant do push ups then you need a lot of work. get your diet down first. This is probably the most important of all. Eat clean and have enough calories. This is the best and most important step for gaining mass. Even if its just pushups, pull ups what ever, good food = growth. You could lack food, and try to do push ups until your face turns blue and it would do you no good.
Even still, he should worry about the other 1/2 of your post before getting into anything.

hookemcats

Awards
Dude you can find great workouts without starting with weights. I commend you for giving effort to want to get into weight lifting. Just search around and you'll find some pretty good workouts being it plyo, dips, lunges, etc. I wouldn't recommend using the sdng as I think its a waste of money and your greatest gains ever will be within the first year to year and a half having not ever worked out. start with protein and creatine and get a clean high calorie diet and I promise you'll grow. good luck and if you have any questions just pm me.

g0lden

Awards
what is a good supplement that can be taken to help along the way. I've taken creatine a while back, but i feel like I just puffed up and looked kinda odd. Then I stopped taking it and lost it all.
I really want to lose some in the mid section, and bulk up just a bit. Not looking to go over the top....well atleast not yet.

hookemcats

Awards
again clean diet......doesn't matter what fat burning supplement you take if your diets not right your going nowhere

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gOlden...

Though I would have put it more delicately than the first few responders may have done, I will have to agree with them. I don't discourage away from anything that you truly want to do, but in order to really get in shape, diet supercedes supplements anyday.

I completely understand the whole "pudgy" thing! I'm no bodybuilder - I've got some gut goin on that's been here for a long long time. I spent 4 years in college and another 2 years recently lifting as heavy as possible, all the while researching supps, programs, and everything else. But the one thing I was missing was the one thing that I just completed...a diet. I "cut" since July and dropped about 45lbs, 6" off my gut diameter, and 2 pants sizes. No massive cardio, no prescribed diet, just work and eating better. And right now, I'm sitting here at a weight that I haven't been at since 1996.

Point of my story is to say that when we first start out, we have notions of getting ripped, huge, jacked, stacked, whatever. I'll always recommend that someone starting out really get a good assessment of where they sit. Visit your doctor and ask what they think before beginning anything. They'll have a goal in mind for you before they even walk in through the door. Sometimes, it's good to listen to 'em and not just pay their bills!!

I recommend taking a good look at things, assessing your capabilities and goals, and trying to go without supplements as crutches for now. Once you get into the swing of things, maybe even pick up some dumbells for at home, then start looking into add-ons. Ya have to buy the car before you get a/c and tilt wheel, my man!

Best of luck to you! I always admire those who are beginning more than those who have reached their goals. If you need us, just holler! And welcome to Anabolic Minds!!! :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what is a good supplement that can be taken to help along the way. I've taken creatine a while back, but i feel like I just puffed up and looked kinda odd. Then I stopped taking it and lost it all.
I really want to lose some in the mid section, and bulk up just a bit. Not looking to go over the top....well atleast not yet.
Bingo - better question! Look into what's known as "cortisol control products". From Anabolic Xtreme, Retain2 is an excellent cort blocker - helped me lose these past few months! There are a bunch of 'em out there, and opinions will pop out of the woodwork as to which one is better for you. But, to give you an idea, take a dose first thing in the morning and one 4 hours later - times of day when cortisol levels peak.

Brief def on cortisol (and then I'll stop these long-ass posts!): fight or flight compound released in the brain under stress. It's responsible for many things, but for us "spare tire" crowd, it stores fat in typical areas...guts for me, buts and thighs for women. A cort blocker will help to eliminate those fat stores over time.

There's no miracle pill, only things that can help ya out. :D

g0lden

Awards
Bingo - better question! Look into what's known as "cortisol control products". From Anabolic Xtreme, Retain2 is an excellent cort blocker - helped me lose these past few months! There are a bunch of 'em out there, and opinions will pop out of the woodwork as to which one is better for you. But, to give you an idea, take a dose first thing in the morning and one 4 hours later - times of day when cortisol levels peak.

Brief def on cortisol (and then I'll stop these long-ass posts!): fight or flight compound released in the brain under stress. It's responsible for many things, but for us "spare tire" crowd, it stores fat in typical areas...guts for me, buts and thighs for women. A cort blocker will help to eliminate those fat stores over time.

There's no miracle pill, only things that can help ya out. :D

Thanks for the replys. I am going to look into the Retain2 for some help. I am also going to look into a clean high cal diet since I don't know how to do that.
Ohh I also want to do one of those before and after picture logs. That would be awesome.

eazy90

Awards
Best of luck to you my friend, and sorry if my posts seemed rather blunt, I didn't mean for them to appear that way