Supplements for the 50 year old fella

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Spent some time with the parents today, and really got into supplementation discussions again. My foster father has been training since his teen years, and he's well into his 50's now. He's currently in a medium build, somewhere around 200lbs, and fairly lean. He's run 1AD in the past (and possibly more, but nothing that I know of and won't pry out).

He's looking to get down and dirty and try out some of the new supplements today, and is telling me how he still has some 1AD left that he wants to give another go-around to. His buddy set him up with SAW PAWMETTO for PCT, so he lost all his gains from his cycle... oh how much knowledge has been publicized since the 80's and 90's. I'm going to try to push some of the new stuff, as it just produces better gains that are easily to hold into in PCT. He cracked the 500lb mark on the bench press with his 1AD cycle, so it'll be tough to pry him off from going around again.

So I'm designing a stack for him to use. However, I'm first going to run him with some natural test boosters, as at his age I think he'll benefit a lot from. So please do critique my little setup here, and keep in mind it's for a 50 year old in decent shape. Decades of weight lifting, and his diet is in good enough check (as good as it will be). Another thing to keep in mind is that he's still fairly new to supplements, and he won't go with any bulk powders. I got a little excited talking about supplements, and started talking about Dermacrine and Sustain. Really lost him there - topical applications just push it too far for him.

Phase 1 (6 weeks) - MassFX + Activate Xtreme
*I see both compounds contain Divanil.. would it be overlap?

Phase 2 (4 weeks) - Epistane + Propadrol
*Seems to be the best for strength gains, while considering sides. He might go with 1AD anyways. In either case, I'll be sure to talk to him about the correct support supplements and a proper PCT.

Basically, I'm ordering for him tonight, so any feedback is greatly appreciated, especially on the MassFX/Activate Xtreme possible overlap. That's why this thread is a bit ambiguous... would have had more research done before, but no time! Glad to see the old guy interested though in my blabbering sharade about supplements - definitly thought he was going to shoot anything down! Also - BCAA's, creatine, beta-alanine, and all those goodies... he won't stick to them. Too complicated for him, believe it or not. I won't even confuse him with them... not until another time, if at all.

Thanks fellas

Motox

Awards
  • Established
why not go get a scrip for some test and growth? i dont think nat test boosters will give him what hes looking for. im sure at his age he would have a problem geting some from a doc

Motox

Awards
  • Established
why not go get a scrip for some test and growth? i dont think nat test boosters will give him what hes looking for. im sure at his age he WOULDNT have a problem geting some from a doc
I mean he wouldnt have a prob getting it

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Injections are way over his head - he wouldn't do it, especially for lifting. He's looking to increase strength, but he wants to keep it simple. Kind of like the old-fashioned approach to the new supplement industry.

I had actually assumed that test boosters would be the big hit for him, as he's in his 50's. Isn't that where they have their best results? In that age group?

Thanks for the reply though

Motox

Awards
  • Established
I think they could definatly help both massfx and activate are great although I wouldnt run the two together. you should include maybe something like 6oxo extreme for ai and test boosting and add an all around nat test booster like hypertest or blue up. epistane at a higher dose and propadrol would have some pretty radical strength gains. He could opt for a transdermal test cream from a doc, I keep pushing the prescription because he would get bloodwork done and he could have a steady supply of his stuff also it would be safer

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RPM/Drive would do an old man well.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Some Suggestions!

Injections are way over his head - he wouldn't do it, especially for lifting. He's looking to increase strength, but he wants to keep it simple. Kind of like the old-fashioned approach to the new supplement industry.

I had actually assumed that test boosters would be the big hit for him, as he's in his 50's. Isn't that where they have their best results? In that age group?

Thanks for the reply though
Yeah, natty test boosters would definitely be a bit more beneficial for his age group.

Some recommendations for ya:

AN's IGF-2 and DRIVE as a stack

DS ActiVate Xtreme

AX Mass FX (the original would be fine, but there is a new formula thats coming out that looks phenomenal. I haven't had a chance to run it, but its got tons of positive feedback- the original formula obviously...lol!)

CL Blue UP

Beyond that...if he wants to do it the natural way...you should know the drill...creatine, whey protein, multi-v, EFA's, and have him take a cissus product, or bulk cissus especially at his age for joint support, and if you get him on Orange Triad for a multi-v that plus the cissus will have him covered for sure for joints.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
If taking Creatine, BCAA's, Beta-Alanine, applying a transdermal cream to his skin is too complicated for him or is "over his head" I cannot understand how running an epistane/propadrol cycle would be a good idea considering the necessary ancillary products to run a safe cycle.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
If taking Creatine, BCAA's, Beta-Alanine, applying a transdermal cream to his skin is too complicated for him or is "over his head" I cannot understand how running an epistane/propadrol cycle would be a good idea considering the necessary ancillary products to run a safe cycle.
Thanks for the info gentleman.. I think I've revised it for a HyperdrolX2/Mass FX 8-weeker. Almost to welcome him back to the supplement world with something simple and safe, while producing some solid results. Expensive, at $200 for the 8 weeks, but I think it'll pay off for him. I'm staving off from ordering Drive for him, as I'm looking mainly for test boosting products at the moment for him... I think at his age, he would benefit moreso. Possibly a good idea for him in the future (if he likes this little cycle).

I think I confused you Bearmeat -
It's not that it's over his head, but he simply doesn't want to get into several types of supplements. He doesn't even routinely take in protein shakes. He's one of those guys that would like to reap the benefits of something, with a few caps a day.. keeping it simple. Nothing scientifical - taking bulk powders or transdermal products just won't fly. I know it sounds strange, but it's true... it's kind of hard to explain. His diet is in check, and he has been weight lifting for more than 30 years. He's interested in a solid boost, and I think the natural test boosting stack would work quite well for him.

Personally, I'm all about bulk powders. I'm also into transdermal products, as of late especially with Primordial Performance (Dermacrine followed by Formestane.. great stuff). It's not that I don't know what's safe and what's not - this situation is all about simplicity, while keeping it safe. I'd talk to him about picking up my personal favorite bulk NP powders, but it would only confuse him and he wouldn't stick to it.

I don't plan on pushing any steroids, but he definitly wants to run the 1AD. I advised him to run this natural stack first, which he will, but he's probably going to run the 1AD soon anyways... that's why I'm questionable about which is safer, an Epi cycle of a 1AD. From my knowledge, 1AD gains are much harder to keep than that of an Epi cycle, so I would talk to him about that. But then I don't know much about 1AD at all.