Best anti-aging supps? - AnabolicMinds.com

Best anti-aging supps?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Question Best anti-aging supps?

Hello,
    I'd like to know which supplement has the best anti-aging properties and especially for the skin (I spend a lot of time in the water and exposed to the sun)?
    DHEA?

For information, my routine daily stuff:
    - omega 3
    - green tea
    - na-r-ala
    - ALCAR
    - beta carotene

Thanx

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goffio69 View Post
    Hello,
    I'd like to know which supplement has the best anti-aging properties and especially for the skin (I spend a lot of time in the water and exposed to the sun)?
    DHEA?

For information, my routine daily stuff:
    - omega 3
    - green tea
    - na-r-ala
    - ALCAR
    - beta carotene

Thanx
    the new powerfull is good and is good for the skin.
    Centrophenoxine is a better version of DHEA. Not only does it help with brain function but removes lipofuscin levels (age spots) on organs including the skin. As lipofuscin builds in a cell, the less functionality it has and may lead to the cell's death.
    I'm guessing that since your in the sun n water a lot you already using a water resistanct sun screen.
  3. New Member

Yep I'm using good sun screen water resistanct
    Powerfull looks solid but I really don't need and don't want to gain mass. And as it's also a testorone booster...:/
    I've read good thing about Centrophenoxine , do you have any brand to advise me (the Planet doesn't carry it)?
    What about the dosage?
    Should it be cycle?
    thanx
    •   

4. New Member

Yep I'm using good sun screen water resistanct
    Powerfull looks solid but I really don't need and don't want to gain mass. And as it's also a testorone booster...:/
    If you don't work out with weights no prob with gaining mass though I think you should if you don't. You don't have to be hardcore like a lot of dudes on this board. I just do a little weight lifting myself and definitely helps mood and discipline. Powerfull definitely helps recovery time for me especially with running which I'm more into. As for test levels going up, that's not necessarily a bad thing, depends on you age and how high they are naturally. Also, if you're pretty young powerfull probably won't do much anyway. Another alternative is deer antler extract though I wouldn't be suprised if that raises test as well.

I've read good thing about Centrophenoxine , do you have any brand to advise me (the Planet doesn't carry it)?
    I get mine from unique nutrion in bulk. It's pretty cheap compared to others out there. Make sure you have a scale or ask for a scoop if you buy in bulk. There's also a new one, cognitivenutrition.com, which carries the same brand. They're cheap too but I know for sure that unique nutrion delivers quickly. UN has knowledgeable staff as well and could probably make some recommendations.
    What about the dosage?
    500-3,000 mg daily. I take 500 mg x 2.
    Should it be cycle?
    funny you ask as I took a break from it over the holidays and when i came back to it, it seemed to work just as well when i first tried it in terms of mental energy so I am thinking about cycling it. Even if you don't cycle it, i don't see why the anti-aging properties would stop, just the mood and energy would. I have read taking a day off from it every week since
    the acetylcholine excess can result in muscle tension.

ps apologizes to mod if posting outside sources is not allowed. I don't work for either company mentioned
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

forskolin also may help, there is significant evidence it helps prevent skin cancer.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I think Nimbus Poseidon is supposed to be partially aimed towards this purpose; obviously hydration has a lot to do with appearing younger with more skin resilience. Aside from that, any kind of HGH booster/supplementation will have distinct benefits on the skin. Once the problem is being handled from the inside of your body, some type of hydrating lotion should help a lot from the outside as well.
  7. New Member

Question

Satch > The problem with testosterone booster is that they make your skin oiler than normal, and I have naturally an oily skin :/

Thanx for your link for the Centrophenoxine
    I already have a precision scale and a capping kit
    Will try the stuff next month and follow your recommandation for the dosage

Do you know if there is any particular restriction/recommandation before taking this stuff?

And a last thing: could you give a little review/feedback of this stuff? Since when do you take it?

EasyEJL > Any personnal review of the forskolin? What about the dosage? Any side effects?

goslamacamel > I read some excelent review about Poseidon, it looks like it really improve the skin composition.
    Do you have personnaly try it?

ps: here is a small article about skin anti aging:
    Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Supplements
    Your opinion?
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

forskolin at 50mg or up a day definitely aids in body recomp. I can't really say about the anti-cancer part there are a bunch of studies in its use as a transdermal "fake" tan product, as it directly stimulates melatonin response. It even protects agains uv similarly to normally darkened skin when used that way, but I still can't quite work out what sort of dosages it was (like its .003% forskolin, not sure how to make a cream like that)
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. New Member

Smile

Satch > The problem with testosterone booster is that they make your skin oiler than normal, and I have naturally an oily skin :/
    Unfortunately that does reduce your options too.

Thanx for your link for the Centrophenoxine
    I already have a precision scale and a capping kit
    Will try the stuff next month and follow your recommandation for the dosage

Do you know if there is any particular restriction/recommandation before taking this stuff?

And a last thing: could you give a little review/feedback of this stuff? Since when do you take it?
    UN staff told me that 1000 mg a day is sufficient for the anti-aging effects. You can take up to 3000 a day. Take with food. As I mentioned before, acetylcholine excess can result in muscle tension in particular in the upper back, shoulders and jaw so it's recommended to skip a day or two every week.

As for my personal experiences, at the beginning it was at it's best with a lot of mental energy and mood enhancement without feeling like a stim. That did die down but has rebounded after I took a break. If it dies down again, I may try cycling it with pyrintol or rhodiola. I don't think the anti-aging effect would die off just because the mental effects disappear. Even when things levelled off, I never got a bad case of mental fog during the day again. Took it again this morning and I'm very lucid right now
  10. Diamond Member

1) ALCAR/R-ALA and Essential Fatty Acids (already on your list). You may also want to try the propionyl-l-carnitine form (has special affinity for heart muscle and tissue, amongst others), as well as the acetyl-l-carnitine arginate form (amongst others, triggers the production of new neurites in the brain)
    2) Carnosine (described by some as one of the most significant ant-aging compounds around). Expensive on its own. Can be obtained by using Beta Alanine (and L-Histidine). Carnosine is a multi-functional dipeptide made up of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine
    3) CoQ10 Ubiquinol (significantly more potent than standard CoQ10 Ubiquinone).
    4) Idebenone (similar properties like CoQ10 Ubiquinone but with additional effects). Combined with Ubiquinol, a very potent and effective stack.
    5) Rhodiola Rosea (the most potent adaptogen far and wide) and ginkgo biloba (for effective blood flow to the brain and extremities; also helpful in cases of tinnitus, and so on)
    6) Resveratrol (versatile compound. Has been demonstrated to mimic the effects of calorie restriction). Poor oral availability, so you might need some quercetin, and Bioperine. Grape seed extract is usually very helpful in this mix.

These are some useful compounds you may also want to consider.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  11. New Member

Question

EasyEJL & Satch > thanx a lot for you help

strategicmove > Thx for the list. Which one has the best skin anti aging property?
    If you have to choose only 3 of these, which stuffs would you pick?
    thx
  12. Diamond Member

strategicmove > Thx for the list. Which one has the best skin anti aging property?
    If you have to choose only 3 of these, which stuffs would you pick?
    thx
    Tough to narrow down to three. Yet, I would select CoQ10 Ubiquinol, Omega-3, and Resveratrol.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Tough to narrow down to three. Yet, I would select CoQ10 Ubiquinol, Omega-3, and Resveratrol.
    What dosage do you advise me for the the CoQ10 and the Resveratrol?
    Any brand to advise me?
    It looks like the the CoQ10 from NowFoods is the Ubiquinone form and not the Ubiquinol. I've found a brand call LifeExtension which sold the Ubiquinol form.
    What's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?

Thanx
  14. Diamond Member

Any brand to advise me?
    It looks like the the CoQ10 from NowFoods is the Ubiquinone form and not the Ubiquinol. I've found a brand call LifeExtension which sold the Ubiquinol form.

Thanx
    I am happy you figured out Life Extension yourself. I did not want to appear to be pimping their products. Anyway, Life Extension makes the best Ubiquinol around, I believe in close cooperation with the Japanese company, Kaneka, the global leader in CoQ10 research and production. For normal maintenance purposes, 50mg - 150mg Ubiquinol per day is recommended. To replicate the anti-senescence, anti-aging effects seen in clinical trials, a daily (divided) dose of 150mg - 300mg is recommended. For perspective, 150mg of Ubiquinol is equivalent to about 1,200mg of conventional ubiquinone in terms of potency!

Regarding Resveratrol, significant anti-aging benefits can be obtained from daily doses of 200mg to 400mg or so. The best product in this area, in my opinion, is Post Cycle Support by Anabolic Innovations. Do not let the name bother you. It can, and should be, used everyday. It contains a daily dose (4 caps) of 600mg active Transveratrol plus generous amounts of Quercetin and Bioperine, two important Transveratrol co-factors. If you have spare $10.95, add Now Foods Grape Seed Extract (100mg per capsule) to the Resveratrol mix and you have a very effective stack. For me, two caps (not recommended four caps) of Post Cycle Support plus Now Grape Seed Extract (100mg) are perfectly fine.
  15. New Member

Thanx a lot for you answers
    Sorry to ask you again, but what's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?
  16. Diamond Member

Thanx a lot for you answers
    Sorry to ask you again, but what's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?
    Sorry, but I am not conversant with the compound!
  17. New Member

okay
    By the way, is it really necessary to take Biotin with the na-r-ala?
  18. Diamond Member

okay
    Some recommend biotin as a lipoic-acid co-factor because of the synergistic role they both play in enhancing insulin sensitivity and glucose synthesis, amongst others.
  19. Diamond Member

okay
    Do tell us how you finally decided to go
  20. New Member

Let me pass all my order and I'll tell you every drugs I've choosen
  21. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goffio69;
    Let me pass all my order and I'll tell you every drugs I've choosen
    Great!
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Very informative stuff on the Ubiquinol. Thanks. It would seem that even 50 mg would double the effects of the 200 mg of CO Q10 I get for the Dutchess. I will start myself on it now as well.

I have reviewed the info on the Ubiquinol on the Life Extension site and on the Puritan's Pride site. Despite what LE says it doesn't appear that they have an "exclusive" on the latest Ubiquiniol from Kaneka. Here is a copy of the label from PP:
    Ubiquinol 50 mg *
    (Kaneka QH™)
    (Enhanced Bioactivity Co Q-10)

On top of that, the PP sells for less than half the price of the LE.
  23. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman;
    Very informative stuff on the Ubiquinol. Thanks. It would seem that even 50 mg would double the effects of the 200 mg of CO Q10 I get for the Dutchess. I will start myself on it now as well.

I have reviewed the info on the Ubiquinol on the Life Extension site and on the Puritan's Pride site. Despite what LE says they do not have an "exclusive" on the latest Ubiquiniol from Kaneka. Here is a copy of the label from PP:
    Ubiquinol 50 mg *
    (Kaneka QH™)
    (Enhanced Bioactivity Co Q-10)

On top of that, the PP sells for less than half the price of the LE.
    Glad I could help. If you are confident there are no qualitative differences between the two, then you should go Puritan's Pride
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Glad I could help. If you are confident there are no qualitative differences between the two, then you should go Puritan's Pride
    I've been on a crusade for over two decades to try and restore/maintain my body at youthful levels, hence my extremely high interest and appreciation of threads like this one. I am comfortable with many products I source at PP. I am still a Nutra Planetee but PP fills the blanks for me. For example, I am a big user of Pomegranite, Acai and Goji juices.
  25. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman;
    I've been on a crusade for over two decades to try and restore/maintain my body at youthful levels, hence my extremely high interest and appreciation of threads like this one. I am comfortable with many products I source at PP. I am still a Nutra Planetee but PP fills the blanks for me. For example, I am a big user of Pomegranite, Acai and Goji juices.
    I love Pomegranate capsules, standardized to 30% punicalagins. Dosage is about 100mg daily for reversal of atherosclerosis, reduction of high blood pressure, and superior cardiovascular protection, and up to three times that much for apoptosis/prostrate support. Sure, one could also take the juice, but the capsules usually come without the added calories that the juice has. Topical application of pomegranate also supports optimal skin health.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

I love Pomegranate capsules, standardized to 30% punicalagins. Dosage is about 100mg daily for reversal of atherosclerosis, reduction of high blood pressure, and superior cardiovascular protection, and up to three times that much for apoptosis/prostrate support. Sure, one could also take the juice, but the capsules usually come without the added calories that the juice has. Topical application of pomegranate also supports optimal skin health.
    I have no problem with taking the capsules but the Dutchess hates them. She is like me, no longer young, on Oxy 24/7, hates pills but loves the taste of the juices. I make it an "Us Thing" enjoying the taste of the three juices and then opening up our nightly bottle of the red stuff. I could get real interested in topical Pomegranite. I am about to start taking Forskolin caps and am considering getting the powder to do a topical application. If I could get the Pomegranite in there and maybe some Quercetin it would be worth the try.

SM: Every time you write, I learn something. Thanks again.
  27. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    I have no problem with taking the capsules but the Dutchess hates them. She is like me, no longer young, on Oxy 24/7, hates pills but loves the taste of the juices. I make it an "Us Thing" enjoying the taste of the three juices and then opening up our nightly bottle of the red stuff. I could get real interested in topical Pomegranite. I am about to start taking Forskolin caps and am considering getting the powder to do a topical application. If I could get the Pomegranite in there and maybe some Quercetin it would be worth the try.

Thanks for the feedback! By the way, one of my favourite toothpastes contains a good dose of pomegranate extract. Very useful compound!
  28. New Member

So here is the news stuffs to my drug list:

- Ubiquinol
    - Beta-Alanine
    - Post Cycle Support
    - Grape Seed
    - Poseidon

I will post a review later (not before one or two month)
    Maybe I'm gonna give a try to Centrophenoxine.
    Thanx again guys for your help
  29. Diamond Member

So here is the news stuffs to my drug list:

- Ubiquinol
    - Beta-Alanine
    - Post Cycle Support
    - Grape Seed
    - Poseidon

I will post a review later (not before one or two month)
    Maybe I'm gonna give a try to Centrophenoxine.
    Thanx again guys for your help
    Great list! All the best!
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

strategicmove, sorry but I am still bothered by your comment. I do not have a test laboratory at my disposal to test out both suppliers. You seem to impute that I should be wary of using the Puritan Pride. On the other hand I am wary of using the Life Extension when they are clearly lying with their claim of sole sourcing on the Ubiquinol. I do know the LEF, the YAN (Young Again Nutrients), NOW and other such companies to be good, but high priced suppliers from years of experience with each. That is why I have turned to sourcing my supps from Nutra Planet and PP. I must be missing something serious here....but what?
  31. Diamond Member

strategicmove, sorry but I am still bothered by your comment. I do not have a test laboratory at my disposal to test out both suppliers. You seem to impute that I should be wary of using the Puritan Pride. On the other hand I am wary of using the Life Extension when they are clearly lying with their claim of sole sourcing on the Ubiquinol. I do know the LEF, the YAN (Young Again Nutrients), NOW and other such companies to be good, but high priced suppliers from years of experience with each. That is why I have turned to sourcing my supps from Nutra Planet and PP. I must be missing something serious here....but what?
    Sorry, I just saw your post now.

I definitely did not want to sway you in any direction. If anything, just like I trust NutraPlanet as a supplement retailer, I can purchase anything at Life Extension with my eyes closed! Quality at its best. I think Life Extension has been working with Kaneka for several years to produce different ubiquinol products with ever better bioavailability and potency. They wanted to stress their close partnership with Kaneka. I have been following Life Extension's products and commentaries for a while now, and their founders, William Faloon and Saul Kent, have always had an honest, fact-based approach to presenting products and research results.

Whatever I cannot buy at NutraPlanet (or at Applied Nutriceuticals!), I source at Life Extension. Ubiquinol is one of them! Still, I have absolutely nothing against Puritan's Pride. I am just not as conversant with their products. No belittling intended.

Get Ubiquinol wherever you think you would get the most bang for your buck. As long as it is from Kaneka
  32. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Any brand to advise me?

Thanx
    NOW Foods also have the Ubiquinol form of Co q10 but not on every site. I think they call it "NOW Ubiquinol CoQH-CF" and it is a "new" product for them.

Jag
  33. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Any kind of anti oxidants!
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Anti-oxidants supplementation with the goal of life extension is a futile task. Antibody gene therapy is not far off the horizon and will likely offer benefits conducive to life-extension/anti-aging.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

I had forgotten about this thread. The original question was re antioxidents and skin protection in the sun. I should have replied that my absolute favorite for that dual role is astaxanthin. It is a great antioxident and at the same time doubles the time I can stay out in the sun. For the first time in 50 I repeat FIFTY, years, I have a tan. They call it the "King of the Carotinoids". Besides being some 500 to a 100X more potent than vitamin E, it really does enhance skin health and reduce ultraviolet skin damage. For me it ranks up there with Vitamin D, Omega 3s and Green Tea as a "must have" supplement for health and longevity.

There is a long article in Natural News about Astaxanthin, it's uses, dosage and their recommended source to find it. Google and you can find numerous additional sources. I take 4X 4mg gel caps ED. Its amazing my fair Irish skin just isn't burning like usual and I only use 4PF accelrant/lotion for protection. The link below is to a long monologue from Mike Adams the holistic "Health Ranger" as he calls himself. Let some of his hot air out and he often has some great info.

"Astaxanthin: The Little-Known Miracle Nutrient for Inflammation, Anti-Aging, Athletic Endurance and More"
    http://www.naturalnews.com/023177.html
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Turmeric

I try to eat at least a tablespoon per day mixed into beans and rice or something similar. I think it needs to be cooked in oils of some kind to release the goodies. I use butter.
  37. Senior Member

I agree with this 100%.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I had forgotten about this thread. The original question was re antioxidents and skin protection in the sun. I should have replied that my absolute favorite for that dual role is astaxanthin. It is a great antioxident and at the same time doubles the time I can stay out in the sun. For the first time in 50 I repeat FIFTY, years, I have a tan. They call it the "King of the Carotinoids". Besides being some 500 to a 100X more potent than vitamin E, it really does enhance skin health and reduce ultraviolet skin damage. For me it ranks up there with Vitamin D, Omega 3s and Green Tea as a "must have" supplement for health and longevity.

There is a long article in Natural News about Astaxanthin, it's uses, dosage and their recommended source to find it. Google and you can find numerous additional sources. I take 4X 4mg gel caps ED. Its amazing my fair Irish skin just isn't burning like usual and I only use 4PF accelrant/lotion for protection. The link below is to a long monologue from Mike Adams the holistic "Health Ranger" as he calls himself. Let some of his hot air out and he often has some great info.

"Astaxanthin: The Little-Known Miracle Nutrient for Inflammation, Anti-Aging, Athletic Endurance and More"
    http://www.naturalnews.com/023177.html
    Wow this stuff sounds promising...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  39. Senior Member

2) Carnosine (described by some as one of the most significant ant-aging compounds around). Expensive on its own. Can be obtained by using Beta Alanine (and L-Histidine). Carnosine is a multi-functional dipeptide made up of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine
    Can you suggest respective amounts of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine that would equate to Carnosine (that would really help me, since I have both Beta Alanine and L-Histidine)?

Thanks,
    Beau
  40. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Can you suggest respective amounts of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine that would equate to Carnosine (that would really help me, since I have both Beta Alanine and L-Histidine)?

Thanks,
    Beau
    The dosage-equivalent of carnosine and beta-alanine/l-histidine is not straightforward to pin down. It might help, though, to recall that about 1000mg of carnosine is suggested daily, taken in one single dose. Taking lower amounts of carnosine may be counter-productive, as the body metabolizes amounts lower than 1000mg into inactive substances. Regarding beta-alanine, between 4000mg and 5000mg is the recommended daily dose, preferably taken in two divided doses. Beta-alanine is the limiting compound in the conversion to carnosine. L-histidine may not necessarily be additionally supplemented, as it is usually available in sufficient amounts in protein-rich diets. So, roughly speaking, 1000mg of carnosine may be equivalent to about 4000mg to 5000mg beta-alanine. If you absolutely wish to supplement l-histidine with beta-alanine, consider 2 x 250mg.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best anti-cortisol supp
    By scottac29 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 11:39 AM
  2. Best Anti-Cort Supp these days
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
  3. IBE Reverse Research - Best Anti-Aging Supplement by far
    By nattydisaster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine