Best anti-aging supps?

Goffio69

Awards
Hello,
I'd like to know which supplement has the best anti-aging properties and especially for the skin (I spend a lot of time in the water and exposed to the sun)?
DHEA?

For information, my routine daily stuff:
- omega 3
- green tea
- na-r-ala
- ALCAR
- beta carotene

Thanx

Satch

Awards
Hello,
I'd like to know which supplement has the best anti-aging properties and especially for the skin (I spend a lot of time in the water and exposed to the sun)?
DHEA?

For information, my routine daily stuff:
- omega 3
- green tea
- na-r-ala
- ALCAR
- beta carotene

Thanx
the new powerfull is good and is good for the skin.
Centrophenoxine is a better version of DHEA. Not only does it help with brain function but removes lipofuscin levels (age spots) on organs including the skin. As lipofuscin builds in a cell, the less functionality it has and may lead to the cell's death.
I'm guessing that since your in the sun n water a lot you already using a water resistanct sun screen.

Goffio69

Awards
Yep I'm using good sun screen water resistanct :)
Powerfull looks solid but I really don't need and don't want to gain mass. And as it's also a testorone booster...:/
I've read good thing about Centrophenoxine , do you have any brand to advise me (the Planet doesn't carry it)?
What about the dosage?
Should it be cycle?
thanx

Satch

Awards
Yep I'm using good sun screen water resistanct :)
Powerfull looks solid but I really don't need and don't want to gain mass. And as it's also a testorone booster...:/
If you don't work out with weights no prob with gaining mass though I think you should if you don't. You don't have to be hardcore like a lot of dudes on this board. I just do a little weight lifting myself and definitely helps mood and discipline. Powerfull definitely helps recovery time for me especially with running which I'm more into. As for test levels going up, that's not necessarily a bad thing, depends on you age and how high they are naturally. Also, if you're pretty young powerfull probably won't do much anyway. Another alternative is deer antler extract though I wouldn't be suprised if that raises test as well.

I've read good thing about Centrophenoxine , do you have any brand to advise me (the Planet doesn't carry it)?
I get mine from unique nutrion in bulk. It's pretty cheap compared to others out there. Make sure you have a scale or ask for a scoop if you buy in bulk. There's also a new one, cognitivenutrition.com, which carries the same brand. They're cheap too but I know for sure that unique nutrion delivers quickly. UN has knowledgeable staff as well and could probably make some recommendations.
What about the dosage?
500-3,000 mg daily. I take 500 mg x 2.
Should it be cycle?
funny you ask as I took a break from it over the holidays and when i came back to it, it seemed to work just as well when i first tried it in terms of mental energy so I am thinking about cycling it. Even if you don't cycle it, i don't see why the anti-aging properties would stop, just the mood and energy would. I have read taking a day off from it every week since
the acetylcholine excess can result in muscle tension.

ps apologizes to mod if posting outside sources is not allowed. I don't work for either company mentioned

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
forskolin also may help, there is significant evidence it helps prevent skin cancer.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Nimbus Poseidon is supposed to be partially aimed towards this purpose; obviously hydration has a lot to do with appearing younger with more skin resilience. Aside from that, any kind of HGH booster/supplementation will have distinct benefits on the skin. Once the problem is being handled from the inside of your body, some type of hydrating lotion should help a lot from the outside as well.

Goffio69

Awards
Satch > The problem with testosterone booster is that they make your skin oiler than normal, and I have naturally an oily skin :/

Thanx for your link for the Centrophenoxine
I already have a precision scale and a capping kit
Will try the stuff next month and follow your recommandation for the dosage :)

Do you know if there is any particular restriction/recommandation before taking this stuff?

And a last thing: could you give a little review/feedback of this stuff? Since when do you take it?

EasyEJL > Any personnal review of the forskolin? What about the dosage? Any side effects?

goslamacamel > I read some excelent review about Poseidon, it looks like it really improve the skin composition.
Do you have personnaly try it?

ps: here is a small article about skin anti aging:
Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Supplements
Your opinion?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
forskolin at 50mg or up a day definitely aids in body recomp. I can't really say about the anti-cancer part :) there are a bunch of studies in its use as a transdermal "fake" tan product, as it directly stimulates melatonin response. It even protects agains uv similarly to normally darkened skin when used that way, but I still can't quite work out what sort of dosages it was (like its .003% forskolin, not sure how to make a cream like that)

Satch

Awards
Satch > The problem with testosterone booster is that they make your skin oiler than normal, and I have naturally an oily skin :/
Unfortunately that does reduce your options too.

Thanx for your link for the Centrophenoxine
I already have a precision scale and a capping kit
Will try the stuff next month and follow your recommandation for the dosage :)

Do you know if there is any particular restriction/recommandation before taking this stuff?

And a last thing: could you give a little review/feedback of this stuff? Since when do you take it?
UN staff told me that 1000 mg a day is sufficient for the anti-aging effects. You can take up to 3000 a day. Take with food. As I mentioned before, acetylcholine excess can result in muscle tension in particular in the upper back, shoulders and jaw so it's recommended to skip a day or two every week.

As for my personal experiences, at the beginning it was at it's best with a lot of mental energy and mood enhancement without feeling like a stim. That did die down but has rebounded after I took a break. If it dies down again, I may try cycling it with pyrintol or rhodiola. I don't think the anti-aging effect would die off just because the mental effects disappear. Even when things levelled off, I never got a bad case of mental fog during the day again. Took it again this morning and I'm very lucid right now :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) ALCAR/R-ALA and Essential Fatty Acids (already on your list). You may also want to try the propionyl-l-carnitine form (has special affinity for heart muscle and tissue, amongst others), as well as the acetyl-l-carnitine arginate form (amongst others, triggers the production of new neurites in the brain)
2) Carnosine (described by some as one of the most significant ant-aging compounds around). Expensive on its own. Can be obtained by using Beta Alanine (and L-Histidine). Carnosine is a multi-functional dipeptide made up of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine
3) CoQ10 Ubiquinol (significantly more potent than standard CoQ10 Ubiquinone).
4) Idebenone (similar properties like CoQ10 Ubiquinone but with additional effects). Combined with Ubiquinol, a very potent and effective stack.
5) Rhodiola Rosea (the most potent adaptogen far and wide) and ginkgo biloba (for effective blood flow to the brain and extremities; also helpful in cases of tinnitus, and so on)
6) Resveratrol (versatile compound. Has been demonstrated to mimic the effects of calorie restriction). Poor oral availability, so you might need some quercetin, and Bioperine. Grape seed extract is usually very helpful in this mix.

These are some useful compounds you may also want to consider.

Goffio69

Awards
EasyEJL & Satch > thanx a lot for you help :)

strategicmove > Thx for the list. Which one has the best skin anti aging property?
If you have to choose only 3 of these, which stuffs would you pick?
thx

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove > Thx for the list. Which one has the best skin anti aging property?
If you have to choose only 3 of these, which stuffs would you pick?
thx
Tough to narrow down to three. Yet, I would select CoQ10 Ubiquinol, Omega-3, and Resveratrol.

Goffio69

Awards
Tough to narrow down to three. Yet, I would select CoQ10 Ubiquinol, Omega-3, and Resveratrol.
What dosage do you advise me for the the CoQ10 and the Resveratrol?
Any brand to advise me?
It looks like the the CoQ10 from NowFoods is the Ubiquinone form and not the Ubiquinol. I've found a brand call LifeExtension which sold the Ubiquinol form.
What's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?

Thanx

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any brand to advise me?
It looks like the the CoQ10 from NowFoods is the Ubiquinone form and not the Ubiquinol. I've found a brand call LifeExtension which sold the Ubiquinol form.

Thanx
I am happy you figured out Life Extension yourself. I did not want to appear to be pimping their products. Anyway, Life Extension makes the best Ubiquinol around, I believe in close cooperation with the Japanese company, Kaneka, the global leader in CoQ10 research and production. For normal maintenance purposes, 50mg - 150mg Ubiquinol per day is recommended. To replicate the anti-senescence, anti-aging effects seen in clinical trials, a daily (divided) dose of 150mg - 300mg is recommended. For perspective, 150mg of Ubiquinol is equivalent to about 1,200mg of conventional ubiquinone in terms of potency!

Regarding Resveratrol, significant anti-aging benefits can be obtained from daily doses of 200mg to 400mg or so. The best product in this area, in my opinion, is Post Cycle Support by Anabolic Innovations. Do not let the name bother you. It can, and should be, used everyday. It contains a daily dose (4 caps) of 600mg active Transveratrol plus generous amounts of Quercetin and Bioperine, two important Transveratrol co-factors. If you have spare $10.95, add Now Foods Grape Seed Extract (100mg per capsule) to the Resveratrol mix and you have a very effective stack. For me, two caps (not recommended four caps) of Post Cycle Support plus Now Grape Seed Extract (100mg) are perfectly fine.

Goffio69

Awards
Thanx a lot for you answers :)
Sorry to ask you again, but what's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanx a lot for you answers :)
Sorry to ask you again, but what's your opinion about Centrophenoxine?
Sorry, but I am not conversant with the compound!

Goffio69

Awards
okay :)
By the way, is it really necessary to take Biotin with the na-r-ala?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay :)
By the way, is it really necessary to take Biotin with the na-r-ala?
Some recommend biotin as a lipoic-acid co-factor because of the synergistic role they both play in enhancing insulin sensitivity and glucose synthesis, amongst others.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Goffio69

Awards
Let me pass all my order and I'll tell you every drugs I've choosen :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Very informative stuff on the Ubiquinol. Thanks. It would seem that even 50 mg would double the effects of the 200 mg of CO Q10 I get for the Dutchess. I will start myself on it now as well.

I have reviewed the info on the Ubiquinol on the Life Extension site and on the Puritan's Pride site. Despite what LE says it doesn't appear that they have an "exclusive" on the latest Ubiquiniol from Kaneka. Here is a copy of the label from PP:
Ubiquinol 50 mg *
(Kaneka QH™)
(Enhanced Bioactivity Co Q-10)

On top of that, the PP sells for less than half the price of the LE.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very informative stuff on the Ubiquinol. Thanks. It would seem that even 50 mg would double the effects of the 200 mg of CO Q10 I get for the Dutchess. I will start myself on it now as well.

I have reviewed the info on the Ubiquinol on the Life Extension site and on the Puritan's Pride site. Despite what LE says they do not have an "exclusive" on the latest Ubiquiniol from Kaneka. Here is a copy of the label from PP:
Ubiquinol 50 mg *
(Kaneka QH™)
(Enhanced Bioactivity Co Q-10)

On top of that, the PP sells for less than half the price of the LE.
Glad I could help. If you are confident there are no qualitative differences between the two, then you should go Puritan's Pride :D

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Glad I could help. If you are confident there are no qualitative differences between the two, then you should go Puritan's Pride :D
I've been on a crusade for over two decades to try and restore/maintain my body at youthful levels, hence my extremely high interest and appreciation of threads like this one. I am comfortable with many products I source at PP. I am still a Nutra Planetee but PP fills the blanks for me. For example, I am a big user of Pomegranite, Acai and Goji juices.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on a crusade for over two decades to try and restore/maintain my body at youthful levels, hence my extremely high interest and appreciation of threads like this one. I am comfortable with many products I source at PP. I am still a Nutra Planetee but PP fills the blanks for me. For example, I am a big user of Pomegranite, Acai and Goji juices.
I love Pomegranate capsules, standardized to 30% punicalagins. Dosage is about 100mg daily for reversal of atherosclerosis, reduction of high blood pressure, and superior cardiovascular protection, and up to three times that much for apoptosis/prostrate support. Sure, one could also take the juice, but the capsules usually come without the added calories that the juice has. Topical application of pomegranate also supports optimal skin health.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I love Pomegranate capsules, standardized to 30% punicalagins. Dosage is about 100mg daily for reversal of atherosclerosis, reduction of high blood pressure, and superior cardiovascular protection, and up to three times that much for apoptosis/prostrate support. Sure, one could also take the juice, but the capsules usually come without the added calories that the juice has. Topical application of pomegranate also supports optimal skin health.
I have no problem with taking the capsules but the Dutchess hates them. She is like me, no longer young, on Oxy 24/7, hates pills but loves the taste of the juices. I make it an "Us Thing" enjoying the taste of the three juices and then opening up our nightly bottle of the red stuff. I could get real interested in topical Pomegranite. I am about to start taking Forskolin caps and am considering getting the powder to do a topical application. If I could get the Pomegranite in there and maybe some Quercetin it would be worth the try.

SM: Every time you write, I learn something. Thanks again.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no problem with taking the capsules but the Dutchess hates them. She is like me, no longer young, on Oxy 24/7, hates pills but loves the taste of the juices. I make it an "Us Thing" enjoying the taste of the three juices and then opening up our nightly bottle of the red stuff. I could get real interested in topical Pomegranite. I am about to start taking Forskolin caps and am considering getting the powder to do a topical application. If I could get the Pomegranite in there and maybe some Quercetin it would be worth the try.

SM: Every time you write, I learn something. Thanks again.
Thanks for the feedback! By the way, one of my favourite toothpastes contains a good dose of pomegranate extract. Very useful compound!

Goffio69

Awards
So here is the news stuffs to my drug list:

- Ubiquinol
- Beta-Alanine
- Post Cycle Support
- Grape Seed
- Poseidon

I will post a review later (not before one or two month)
Maybe I'm gonna give a try to Centrophenoxine.
Thanx again guys for your help

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here is the news stuffs to my drug list:

- Ubiquinol
- Beta-Alanine
- Post Cycle Support
- Grape Seed
- Poseidon

I will post a review later (not before one or two month)
Maybe I'm gonna give a try to Centrophenoxine.
Thanx again guys for your help
Great list! All the best!

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
strategicmove, sorry but I am still bothered by your comment. I do not have a test laboratory at my disposal to test out both suppliers. You seem to impute that I should be wary of using the Puritan Pride. On the other hand I am wary of using the Life Extension when they are clearly lying with their claim of sole sourcing on the Ubiquinol. I do know the LEF, the YAN (Young Again Nutrients), NOW and other such companies to be good, but high priced suppliers from years of experience with each. That is why I have turned to sourcing my supps from Nutra Planet and PP. I must be missing something serious here....but what?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove, sorry but I am still bothered by your comment. I do not have a test laboratory at my disposal to test out both suppliers. You seem to impute that I should be wary of using the Puritan Pride. On the other hand I am wary of using the Life Extension when they are clearly lying with their claim of sole sourcing on the Ubiquinol. I do know the LEF, the YAN (Young Again Nutrients), NOW and other such companies to be good, but high priced suppliers from years of experience with each. That is why I have turned to sourcing my supps from Nutra Planet and PP. I must be missing something serious here....but what?
Sorry, I just saw your post now.

I definitely did not want to sway you in any direction. If anything, just like I trust NutraPlanet as a supplement retailer, I can purchase anything at Life Extension with my eyes closed! Quality at its best. I think Life Extension has been working with Kaneka for several years to produce different ubiquinol products with ever better bioavailability and potency. They wanted to stress their close partnership with Kaneka. I have been following Life Extension's products and commentaries for a while now, and their founders, William Faloon and Saul Kent, have always had an honest, fact-based approach to presenting products and research results.

Whatever I cannot buy at NutraPlanet (or at Applied Nutriceuticals!), I source at Life Extension. Ubiquinol is one of them! Still, I have absolutely nothing against Puritan's Pride. I am just not as conversant with their products. No belittling intended.

Get Ubiquinol wherever you think you would get the most bang for your buck. As long as it is from Kaneka :D

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Any brand to advise me?

Thanx
NOW Foods also have the Ubiquinol form of Co q10 but not on every site. I think they call it "NOW Ubiquinol CoQH-CF" and it is a "new" product for them.

Jag

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Anti-oxidants supplementation with the goal of life extension is a futile task. Antibody gene therapy is not far off the horizon and will likely offer benefits conducive to life-extension/anti-aging.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I had forgotten about this thread. The original question was re antioxidents and skin protection in the sun. I should have replied that my absolute favorite for that dual role is astaxanthin. It is a great antioxident and at the same time doubles the time I can stay out in the sun. For the first time in 50 I repeat FIFTY, years, I have a tan. They call it the "King of the Carotinoids". Besides being some 500 to a 100X more potent than vitamin E, it really does enhance skin health and reduce ultraviolet skin damage. For me it ranks up there with Vitamin D, Omega 3s and Green Tea as a "must have" supplement for health and longevity.

There is a long article in Natural News about Astaxanthin, it's uses, dosage and their recommended source to find it. Google and you can find numerous additional sources. I take 4X 4mg gel caps ED. Its amazing my fair Irish skin just isn't burning like usual and I only use 4PF accelrant/lotion for protection. The link below is to a long monologue from Mike Adams the holistic "Health Ranger" as he calls himself. Let some of his hot air out and he often has some great info.

"Astaxanthin: The Little-Known Miracle Nutrient for Inflammation, Anti-Aging, Athletic Endurance and More"
http://www.naturalnews.com/023177.html

Fried Cheese

Fried Cheese

Awards
Turmeric

I try to eat at least a tablespoon per day mixed into beans and rice or something similar. I think it needs to be cooked in oils of some kind to release the goodies. I use butter.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had forgotten about this thread. The original question was re antioxidents and skin protection in the sun. I should have replied that my absolute favorite for that dual role is astaxanthin. It is a great antioxident and at the same time doubles the time I can stay out in the sun. For the first time in 50 I repeat FIFTY, years, I have a tan. They call it the "King of the Carotinoids". Besides being some 500 to a 100X more potent than vitamin E, it really does enhance skin health and reduce ultraviolet skin damage. For me it ranks up there with Vitamin D, Omega 3s and Green Tea as a "must have" supplement for health and longevity.

There is a long article in Natural News about Astaxanthin, it's uses, dosage and their recommended source to find it. Google and you can find numerous additional sources. I take 4X 4mg gel caps ED. Its amazing my fair Irish skin just isn't burning like usual and I only use 4PF accelrant/lotion for protection. The link below is to a long monologue from Mike Adams the holistic "Health Ranger" as he calls himself. Let some of his hot air out and he often has some great info.

"Astaxanthin: The Little-Known Miracle Nutrient for Inflammation, Anti-Aging, Athletic Endurance and More"
http://www.naturalnews.com/023177.html
Wow this stuff sounds promising...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
2) Carnosine (described by some as one of the most significant ant-aging compounds around). Expensive on its own. Can be obtained by using Beta Alanine (and L-Histidine). Carnosine is a multi-functional dipeptide made up of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine
Can you suggest respective amounts of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine that would equate to Carnosine (that would really help me, since I have both Beta Alanine and L-Histidine)?

Thanks,
Beau

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you suggest respective amounts of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine that would equate to Carnosine (that would really help me, since I have both Beta Alanine and L-Histidine)?

Thanks,
Beau
The dosage-equivalent of carnosine and beta-alanine/l-histidine is not straightforward to pin down. It might help, though, to recall that about 1000mg of carnosine is suggested daily, taken in one single dose. Taking lower amounts of carnosine may be counter-productive, as the body metabolizes amounts lower than 1000mg into inactive substances. Regarding beta-alanine, between 4000mg and 5000mg is the recommended daily dose, preferably taken in two divided doses. Beta-alanine is the limiting compound in the conversion to carnosine. L-histidine may not necessarily be additionally supplemented, as it is usually available in sufficient amounts in protein-rich diets. So, roughly speaking, 1000mg of carnosine may be equivalent to about 4000mg to 5000mg beta-alanine. If you absolutely wish to supplement l-histidine with beta-alanine, consider 2 x 250mg.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
The dosage-equivalent of carnosine and beta-alanine/l-histidine is not straightforward to pin down. It might help, though, to recall that about 1000mg of carnosine is suggested daily, taken in one single dose. Taking lower amounts of carnosine may be counter-productive, as the body metabolizes amounts lower than 1000mg into inactive substances. Regarding beta-alanine, between 4000mg and 5000mg is the recommended daily dose, preferably taken in two divided doses. Beta-alanine is the limiting compound in the conversion to carnosine. L-histidine may not necessarily be additionally supplemented, as it is usually available in sufficient amounts in protein-rich diets. So, roughly speaking, 1000mg of carnosine may be equivalent to about 4000mg to 5000mg beta-alanine. If you absolutely wish to supplement l-histidine with beta-alanine, consider 2 x 250mg.
Strategic, I'm not sure if you got a chance to view my post. I think you if anyone would be able to provide insight on this and it's related to what you posted above. Thanks! :thumbsup:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/100834-n-acetyl-l.html

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established

Astaxanthin: The Little-Known Miracle Nutrient for Inflammation, Anti-Aging, Athletic Endurance and More
Dutchman, Just been reading some info on Astaxanthin and was considering adding to my Anti-Aging arsenal.

How long have you been using it and have you noticed much else other than the "skin" thing?

Properties like faster recovery, increase immune defence, improved cholesterol, anti-inflammatory, postive effects on diabetes etc. really get my attention these days but I'm very careful about falling for the hype surrounding most supplements.

Any positive feedback you have will aid in justifying the expense to the wife. :thumbsup:

Also, which brand do you use?

Jag

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, Just been reading some info on Astaxanthin and was considering adding to my Anti-Aging arsenal.

How long have you been using it and have you noticed much else other than the "skin" thing?

Properties like faster recovery, increase immune defence, improved cholesterol, anti-inflammatory, postive effects on diabetes etc. really get my attention these days but I'm very careful about falling for the hype surrounding most supplements.

Any positive feedback you have will aid in justifying the expense to the wife. :thumbsup:

Also, which brand do you use?

Jag
Jag. If you go for it, I am pretty sure you will like it. Besides the anti-oxident strength and the skin protection of the Astaxanthin, the most notable change for me is my recovery. I am in the midst of finally ramping up again with some very serious weights. The long batle to recover from my third RC injury (with supplements only) and then the months of rebuilding my strength are now over. Now I am building to my old favorite 5 x 5s with heavy weight. This week I did them with 270 on the HS BP, 365 on rack deads and today 500 on triceps pressdowns and 275 with rack extension/holds. This may be light for you youngsters but it tears up my old bod. Having rehabbed and rebuilt from two earlier RC injuries, I am finding less pain and soreness now with the only change in my supps being the Astaxanthin.

I am very happy with the small, dark-colored, gel caps from Puritan's Pride. I like their quality and you can never beat their price. Hope this helps, Viel Glueck!

DeathDealer

Awards
Astaxanthin is some good stuff. I feel better, look better when I take it. I'm making it a staple, along with SAMe and Ubiquinol. Those 3 supplements should work great for keeping me young and healthy.

I'm getting old enough where half of my supplement purchases are for general health, instead of muscle building or fat loss.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Krill oil is high in Astaxanthin and other healthy goodies. It is often over looked but in my opinion, should be part of any anti-aging program.

There is also some more extoic stuff out there like Procaine, Aminoguanidine, Centrophenoxine, Pyridoxamine.

LOVERIUS

Awards
just keep it simple and cheap:

-Melatonin (30% life expanison in mice)
-Creatine
-Powerfull
-Rhodiola Rosea
-Ashwagandha
-Gotu Kola (called one of the "miracle elixirs of life" because legend has it that an ancient Chinese herbalist lived for more than 200 years as a result of using the herb.)
-White Tea

Cheap and very effective stuff.

I would like to see NOW Foods Gotu kola on NP, plz.

Last edited:
Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Jag. If you go for it, I am pretty sure you will like it. Besides the anti-oxident strength and the skin protection of the Astaxanthin, the most notable change for me is my recovery. I am in the midst of finally ramping up again with some very serious weights. The long batle to recover from my third RC injury (with supplements only) and then the months of rebuilding my strength are now over. Now I am building to my old favorite 5 x 5s with heavy weight. This week I did them with 270 on the HS BP, 365 on rack deads and today 500 on triceps pressdowns and 275 with rack extension/holds. This may be light for you youngsters but it tears up my old bod. Having rehabbed and rebuilt from two earlier RC injuries, I am finding less pain and soreness now with the only change in my supps being the Astaxanthin.

I am very happy with the small, dark-colored, gel caps from Puritan's Pride. I like their quality and you can never beat their price. Hope this helps, Viel Glueck!
Dutchman, Thanks, this has been a big help and you're right, P.P. does have some great prices. Definitely going to get some Astaxanthin. Sounds like it would be good for the whole family.

They have great prices on Ubiquinol as well which has just become another staple.

I was surprised they don't carry Rhodiola Rosea. My wife and I have been using it for a week or so (NOW Foods) and the longer we are using it the better we feel. 500mg with breakfast and lunch. Definite mood and energy increases. As with Astaxanthin the results were not immediate but noticeable on the 3rd or 4th day and more after that.

Another thing I've noticed since starting Ubiquinol and Rhodiola Rosea my naturally oily skin is not oily anymore. Don't know which of these would cause this as I started both at the same time but it's a good thing.

Jag

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Jag, make the Ubiquinol + Red Yeast Rice a permanent staple and you won't regret it. I've put my wife, sister and several friends on it and every one of them has had great results and never gone back to statins. I don't need statins but use the combo just to avoid any future need.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Jag, make the Ubiquinol + Red Yeast Rice a permanent staple and you won't regret it. I've put my wife, sister and several friends on it and every one of them has had great results and never gone back to statins. I don't need statins but use the combo just to avoid any future need.
Just ordered some Astaxanthin and Ubiquinol before I saw your post so perhaps next time for the Red Yeast Rice.

How many Astaxanthin are you using a day? I'm assuming they are only available in 4mg tabs and I want to make it as cost effective as I can. I'm also carrying a few injuries so this would be No.1 reason for adding this. All other benefits are just a bonus!!

I was just reading that healthy persons only need 30mg of Ubiquinol a day so 50mg twice a day for me would be sufficient and cost effective with P.P. prices. :thumbsup:

Because Astaxanthin is also fat soluble I was thinking to include 4mg with each of these doses. Enough do you think?

Jag

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Krill oil is high in Astaxanthin and other healthy goodies. It is often over looked but in my opinion, should be part of any anti-aging program.

There is also some more extoic stuff out there like Procaine, Aminoguanidine, Centrophenoxine, Pyridoxamine.
If you're talking about skin I've actually read recently how Centrophenoxine can help with age spots or liver spots as they are also called.

I've actually noticed a few more appearing on my hands recently so this would be something I'd be interested in researching a bit more.

Jag