Relora

bj22

Awards
I have been feeling slightly stressed out lately between applying to grad schools and working too much. I am thinking of adding relora to my current stack, 3 times a day. What are the best times to take it? Also, does it matter if I take it with or without food?

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Force of Green would have the answer to your question. He swears by that stuff.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Relora is awesome for reducing cortisol levels. I take it at night because my cortisol spikes and it is the only thing that allows me to sleep. When cortisol spikes at night, no amount of sedatives will work, I've tried them all. But Relora to the rescue...

goldlifter

Awards
i've cut out caffeine and have been taking Relora and Rhodiola 3x a day and have noticed a huge reduction in unfounded stress/anxiety

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Relora is awesome for reducing cortisol levels. I take it at night because my cortisol spikes and it is the only thing that allows me to sleep. When cortisol spikes at night, no amount of sedatives will work, I've tried them all. But Relora to the rescue...
I have a similar issue, I try to eat some cottage cheese for desert too, which is very relaxing.

I try to have slow digesting meals in the morning and night and fast ones at lunch and around workout.

Relora is amazing, I have been taking Now Cortisol support (which contains Relora), morning and night.

bj22

Awards
So do you guys recommend taking it on an empty stomach or with food?

Balanced1

Balanced1

Awards
Relora is awesome for stress and lowering cortisol and yes, personally I take it with food or snack. The company NOW puts out a Relora and it calms me down which is great after work when everyone wants their cortisol levels to decrease as the day goes on, (if you get stressed easy) take it twice a day, with lunch and then dinner........cortisol should be highest upon waking and lowest when at bed time and then you won't be stressed or gain the excess belly fat...it works great and it is $20!!! better than Xanax.......good luck
Connie Allen, CNC

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I would rather take it in the morning, pre workout and before bed.
But I have high night time cortisol levels.
Relora is awesome for stress and lowering cortisol and yes, personally I take it with food or snack. The company NOW puts out a Relora and it calms me down which is great after work when everyone wants their cortisol levels to decrease as the day goes on, (if you get stressed easy) take it twice a day, with lunch and then dinner........cortisol should be highest upon waking and lowest when at bed time and then you won't be stressed or gain the excess belly fat...it works great and it is $20!!! better than Xanax.......good luck
Connie Allen, CNC

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I have used Relora intermittently and didn't really notice that much from it :(

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I have used Relora intermittently and didn't really notice that much from it :(
I don't think you would unless you have stress issues.
I notice it by being able to sleep at night, and in my morning bike ride. (I ride to work at like 7:30am)

Have you tried/did you notice 7-keto?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I really try to keep a good perspective on life in general and not stress about petty things. Haven't tried 7-keto on its own, I believe it is in one of the isatori fat burners I used a while back.. why?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I really try to keep a good perspective on life in general and not stress about petty things. Haven't tried 7-keto on its own, I believe it is in one of the isatori fat burners I used a while back.. why?
Because I imagine if you don't have high cortisol, then things like 7-keto and relora would be pretty unnoticeable.

Ether

Awards
I love Relora I use the Vitamin World brand and can't believe the difference in my personality. My wife has commented several times about how even I am since I have been taking it. As for cortisol control I can't say I have noticed much, no achy joints or anything like that. I take 250mg. 3x per day sometimes with food sometimes not.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
What is the recommended dosage of Relora per day?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
ok well i can only seem to find 250mg tabs. Might give 750mg/day a go for a month or so and see if I notice any difference. I always seem to be stressed about something. I guess its part of working in finance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok well i can only seem to find 250mg tabs. Might give 750mg/day a go for a month or so and see if I notice any difference. I always seem to be stressed about something. I guess its part of working in finance.
This is the one I have ordered and will use beginning February 1:

Relora (120 caps) By: NOW Foods

I find it is a rather complete formula in this area.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Thanks mate. I have to get international shipping to the UK so i'm looking for a local supplier idealy. I'll wait for my next bulk buy to get them from NP.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
This is the one I have ordered and will use beginning February 1:

Relora (120 caps) By: NOW Foods

I find it is a rather complete formula in this area.
Here's another one too (also by NOW):
Super Cortisol Support - Super Cortisol Support (90 Vcaps) By: NOW Foods

When I placed my order a few days ago, the 300mg version was shipping in 2-4 business days. In utter dissapointment, I ordered the Super Cortisol Support! Ah, impatience. It has 100mg less Relora per cap(and THIRTY less caps), but it tries to make up for it with other ingredients. I'll also be running the LeanXtreme/Relora combo soon... much anticipation!

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
Does it matter if Relora is taken on empty stomach or not? ive been taking on empty just for a few (3 days) and have noticed some calming/relaxation 300mg 3xdaily w/ bulk rhodiola app. 250-300mg 3x daily also.

-Soma

Ether

Awards
Soma

I haven't noticed any change in effectiveness when I have taken it with food. It does take a little longer to notice the calming effects when taken with food though.

For me I tried upping the dose to 1000mgs. once and felt groggy and too relaxed to function normally. 750mgs. works perfect for me though you will have to assess your own tolerance. This is still my favorite calming/relaxing supplement I have tried. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's another one too (also by NOW):
Super Cortisol Support - Super Cortisol Support (90 Vcaps) By: NOW Foods

When I placed my order a few days ago, the 300mg version was shipping in 2-4 business days. In utter dissapointment, I ordered the Super Cortisol Support! Ah, impatience. It has 100mg less Relora per cap(and THIRTY less caps), but it tries to make up for it with other ingredients. I'll also be running the LeanXtreme/Relora combo soon... much anticipation!
Yeah, I saw the Super Cortisol Support, too, but decided against it because it had less Relora in it. Most of the other compounds they included are available in quantities that would barely make a difference.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I saw the Super Cortisol Support, too, but decided against it because it had less Relora in it. Most of the other compounds they included are available in quantities that would barely make a difference.
I like cortisol support because it has less relora, I find 600mg nice but 800mg to be sleepy town.
The ingredients are more useful when you take 2 at once, although I can't see the banaba doing much.

Also the price is very similar..
I want bulk relora

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-oxo has other properties to it than just cortisol. While it inhibits 11-HSD while converting to 7-OH-DHEA, it also has some pronounced effects on the thyroid as well, theorized by it's ability to increase the enzymes necessary to produce thryoid hormone. Lastly, the 7-oxo/7-OH metabolites of DHEA can act as PPAR agonists.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Cause there is no stress in law school. :think::think:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like cortisol support because it has less relora, I find 600mg nice but 800mg to be sleepy town...
I intend to do two caps of Relora per day. Morning and before sleep. Lean Xtreme will be a part of the stack.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Can someone comment on it's drowsiness effects (if any)?

I'm slowly working back into working out twice a day (separating running from lifting), and although I would be dosing at the most @ 600mg daily (200mg x 3), I don't want start to feel lazy or anything like that.

Would it be advisable to take it with post-workout shakes/meals, rather than within a few hours of working out if possible?
My schedule is basically -
Running ~1 hour 45 mins after waking
Weights ~5 hours later

I'm generally assuming 1 dose (of my three) in the morning upon waking, 1 post-running, and 1 post-lifting. Any better ideas for a protocol? I'll also be running it with LX, thanks to Strategic's idea. I'll end up dosing LX with the Relora dosings.

Vegking

Awards
I suspect I have higher nightime cortisol. I really do not have a problem going to sleep, but I always wake up and have a very hard time getting back to sleep. Of course my mind seems like it is racing this time of night. It seems I need to eat before things start to settle down. Last night I took one capsule from NOW, and but I still woke up and stayed up. My question is does it take a couple of days of dosing 3 times a day for it to have an effect?