pslin clarification

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would take on on empty stomach then 15-30min later take in 100g carbs and protein then workout. i also wanted to take before bed with my casien/ and carbs, would that be ok?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not - as long as you have enough carbs.

(This stuff can really cause hypoglycemia.)

I have used Pslin before big cheat-type meals with lots of carbs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, how do you normally react to carbs? If you had to classify yourself as one of the three carb-reactive types, which would you be:

1) Carb immune-insensitive:

You can easily injest 2-2.5g/lb with little fat gain, but also with slow muscle gains. You can cheat with little to no reprecussions, but put on muscle slowly.

2) Carb responsive-reactive:

You can injest 2g/lb with little fat gain, but also with relatively quick gains in muscle and strength. You are predisposed to be muscular and lean.

3) Carb sensitive:

You injest 1-1.5g/lb with moderate to high fat gain. You are not prediposed to night-time carbs, and gain muscle easily, however, fat is put on easily just as well.

You will have to adjust your P-Slin dosage and adjacent carbs according to your 'carb' type.

1)

1-7 dose 1 full capsule with 60g carbs.
7-30 dose 1 full capsule, increasing Pre-WO carbs with each dosing until you reach 100g.

2)

Same as 1.

3)

1-7 dose 1/2 capsule (break it open and recap or parachute it) with 50g carbohydrates
8-14 guage response from week 1. If no fat gain seen, or 50g Pre-WO is normal, increase dosage to 1 full cap and 70-80g carbohydrate
15-30 remain at set dosage, or if progress continues, eventually increase to 100g.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3)

1-7 dose 1/2 capsule (break it open and recap or parachute it) with 50g carbohydrates
8-14 guage response from week 1. If no fat gain seen, or 50g Pre-WO is normal, increase dosage to 1 full cap and 70-80g carbohydrate
15-30 remain at set dosage, or if progress continues, eventually increase to 100g.
I'm liking this idea. I have considered that if/when using p-slin I would run into an issue because I have never ever been able to consume more that 50g of carbs pre without getting fat. Usually I split 50 pre/post. So you are confirming that the splitting caps is a possible option. Cool.

I'm in the boat of considering splitting caps just as you stated but maybe only 25 pre 25 post and going from there. I'll assume if i do not eat enough carbs I will feel bad and either use less p-slin or more carbs depending upon my response in body composition. Thanks Mullet!

Sorry for the hijack. :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm liking this idea. I have considered that if/when using p-slin I would run into an issue because I have never ever been able to consume more that 50g of carbs pre without getting fat. Usually I split 50 pre/post. So you are confirming that the splitting caps is a possible option. Cool.

I'm in the boat of considering splitting caps just as you stated but maybe only 25 pre 25 post and going from there. I'll assume if i do not eat enough carbs I will feel bad and either use less p-slin or more carbs depending upon my response in body composition. Thanks Mullet!

Sorry for the hijack. :)
For sure, I had an entire AP/P-Slin manual written upon these lines. I also included popular diet and workout regimes.

If you've been historically carb sensitive, than nothing is going to allow you to consume (legal, that is) that amount of carbs. Start out with 1/2 cap and 25g CHO pre/post. In fact, use 1/2 cap 20 mins pre, and then take the other half on your last set. After a week or two this should create the same anabolism Post-WO with less circulating Insulin.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very good.

I thought I remembered some long write up. If you would be kind enough to link me to it I would be grateful.

Thanks again.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Another hi-jack; I apologize in advance.

P-Slin on very high carb days? For example, during the refeed day of a CKD? Think P-Slin would be worth supplementing during this time?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely, I think it would be more suited for that purpose than AP.

B-Fid, I had it done but my computer crashed. I'm slowly re-doing it.