Homemade 'NxLabs' Plasmavol

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would it be safe to say that, you could save a lot of money and stock up on your own supply of 'Plasmavol' by mixing creatine and glycerol?

I was researching different things (in all actuality, I was pretty bored) online and I came across this NxLabs product. I did a quick search on here for it also. So, this thread isn't asking about the product itself. It is in a way, but in another way, it isn't. Other threads state that the main ingredients must be creatine and glycerol, both of which contribute to muscularity.

So, rather than spending almost $60 on a small, 9 serving bottle of Plasmavol, couldn't I just make my own?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My bad. Here's the actual ingredient profile;

Plasmavol:

Calories 120mg
Total Carbohydrates 29g
--Glycerol 29g
Calcium (calcium chloride) 55mg
Sodium (sodium chloride) 51mg
Potassium 38mg
Plasma-Blast™ (Plasma Expanding Complex) -- 33.6g
--Creatine glycerol ester
--D-mannitol
--Lime Juice (fruit)
HydraMax™ (Hyper Hydrating Complex) -- 2.5g
--L-Taurine
--L-Glutamine
WI-32™ (Workout Intensity Complex) -- 1.7g
--L-Tyrosine
--Phosphatidylcholine
--White Willow extract (salix alba)(bark)

Other Ingredients:
Glycerol-Creatine Sulfate, Natural Flavor, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate, Sucralose, Acesulfame-Potassium, Lime Oil, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6

So, in a nutshell, it's mostly creatine and glycerol, along with some easily obtainable fillers.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah,
I have tried a packet of Plasmavol before and really there is no difference between that and CEE, GMS, and some Taurine all bulk from NP.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah,
I have tried a packet of Plasmavol before and really there is no difference between that and CEE, GMS, and some Taurine all bulk from NP.
The idea behind the product is quite simple, though also beneficial and effective. The product interested me, but the price, especially for the amount, is just absurd. This will help me in the gym and with saving money.

Thanks for your input, man.

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
ive taken the full 18 serving thing of it before, and noticed the results come after about a week, but i beleive the thing in there that is supposed to make it special is the D-mannitol.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive taken the full 18 serving thing of it before, and noticed the results come after about a week, but i beleive the thing in there that is supposed to make it special is the D-mannitol.
Any possible way of obtaining this, or something similar, without having to actually purchase Plasmavol?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I thought I saw mannitol somewhere. Looks around the internet, MNY.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Mannitol is typically used intravenously(in an emergency medicine seting)to relieve intracranial pressure, usually from traumatic head injuries. Its inclusion in Plasmavol is merely as a sweetener. There's nothing particularly special about this formula except the price.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mannitol is typically used intravenously(in an emergency medicine seting)to relieve intracranial pressure, usually from traumatic head injuries. Its inclusion in Plasmavol is merely as a sweetener. There's nothing particularly special about this formula except the price.
So, then this would mean that I could make my own homemade Plasmavol? Thanks for shedding some light on the subject of Mannitol.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
So, then this would mean that I could make my own homemade Plasmavol? Thanks for shedding some light on the subject of Mannitol.
Yes you could, but IMO there are better formulas to attempt to mimic for a pump effect.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes you could, but IMO there are better formulas to attempt to mimic for a pump effect.
Care to share some ideas, or no?

Figured I'd attempt to ask.

I'd greatly appreciate it, though.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Care to share some ideas, or no?

Figured I'd attempt to ask.

I'd greatly appreciate it, though.
AAKG-3 grams
Citrulline Malate-3 grams
L-Ornithine-1 gram
L-Norvaline -250mg
Beta-Alanine-2 grams

After thinking about this for a bit, this is what I would use if I were trying to make my own product. I personally just buy things off the shelf and rarely buy bulk. I'm a bit lazy in that regard.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
lmao homeade plasmavol is a simply 10 dollar product, go to NP and buy bulk gms and bulk creatine monohydrate and your results will surpass that bs nxlabs product.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lmao homeade plasmavol is a simply 10 dollar product, go to NP and buy bulk gms and bulk creatine monohydrate and your results will surpass that bs nxlabs product.
The advertisement struck my interest, but then I was reading the ingredients label, I didn't see anything spectacular except for the Mannitol, of course. But, we've already established that's used as a role of a sweetener in the product. I assumed there had to be a cheaper, and more effective, way of making something similar, or even better.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Being that I have no clue who Nxlabs even is - a homemade version at least gives you a chance at a supplement that has what it's supposed to in it.
(Not sure of their QC.)

ptc22030

ptc22030

Awards
Just weighing in ... I bought Plasmavol 3 months ago. Finished one tube (maybe 30 servings). Noticed some good pumps the first week, then it tailed off.

I read on another forum that Controlled Labs "GlycerGrow" was a good glycerol, and bought a tub. Mixed it with a bulk AAKG powder, and I get better--and controllable--results for a bulk price.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just weighing in ... I bought Plasmavol 3 months ago. Finished one tube (maybe 30 servings). Noticed some good pumps the first week, then it tailed off.

I read on another forum that Controlled Labs "GlycerGrow" was a good glycerol, and bought a tub. Mixed it with a bulk AAKG powder, and I get better--and controllable--results for a bulk price.
I'll be sure to note this for future reference.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Bulk:
GMS, CEE, BA, citrulline malate, BCAA's, 50% icariin. FTW!!!

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I would do something like
1 Scope Xtend (for the flavour, and the BCAA)
3g BA (and another 3g at spread out over the day)
3g Creatine Mono (and another 3g at spread out over the day)
1g Taurine
3g GMS (this will never mix, laminated fish food)
50g Waxy Maze Starch

Combined with Anabolic Pump, Neovar, or Pslin.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMS= glycerol monostearate

N

nolinenowait

Banned
Awards
Bulk:
What about adding yohimbe, theobromine and aakg, L-norvaline,banaba leaf extract, and rhodiola rosea

Would it be too much?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would do something like
1 Scope Xtend (for the flavour, and the BCAA)
3g BA (and another 3g at spread out over the day)
3g Creatine Mono (and another 3g at spread out over the day)
1g Taurine
3g GMS (this will never mix, laminated fish food)
50g Waxy Maze Starch

Combined with Anabolic Pump, Neovar, or Pslin.
MMMMM! Laminated fish food? Sounds delicious! A blender should do the trick.

So, do you believe such a combination would work the same way as Plasmavol is intended, but more effective and cost-efficient than Plasmavol?

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
MMMMM! Laminated fish food? Sounds delicious! A blender should do the trick.

So, do you believe such a combination would work the same way as Plasmavol is intended, but more effective and cost-efficient than Plasmavol?
I reckon, although I am not a big pump chaser. I was not really thinking of cost, but heaps of items could be cut.

E

EEE479

Awards
Actually, manitol isnt used as a sweetener here, it is used as a blood plasma expander. When Mannitol is mixed with something acidic, like lime juice, it difusses into the blood stream.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Bulk:

How many grams do you think would be good per serving for the Icariin?

This would be a great way to avoid the caffeine in some of the products with ingredients
like this. I get enough via coffee :)

ptc22030

ptc22030

Awards
Measurements?

Bulk:
Hey thanks ... have been pulling together the bulk goods for this stack, just wondered how much Icariin you put in?

Thanks.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Hey thanks ... have been pulling together the bulk goods for this stack, just wondered how much Icariin you put in?

Thanks.
I found that, with the bulk NP icariin, you should dose it at about 300mg, 2x day. Once in the morning, and once before working out. If all goes well at that dosage, you should be able to up it to 400 2xday. But, I havent tried it yet. This is just what Ive found from researching.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Is GMS effective with Creatine Mono as well? I was considering buying some with my NP order since it is so cheap, but I opted out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
F Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
hercules_22 Supplements 6
U Anabolics 48