Blending Bulk Supplements

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm just finally getting into capping bulk supplies because I am sick of the taste. However, I have only been capping single ingredient stuff. I was wondering how you guys blend your supps together after you weigh out the amounts of each. I am about to make a batch of bulk DCP and want to make sure the same ingredients are going into each cap.

Thanks

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Bulk Taurine makes a good 'filler'.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Xmg/cap times number of caps per batch = total amount of mg's of that ingredient. figure out the total amount of mg's you will need for each ingredient, weigh out that amount of each ingredient , once you weigh them all out combine the ingredients(mix them all together really well) and your ready to start capping with a rather homogeneous mixture. if there is only a very small amount of total mg's going into each cap add some thing for a filler perhaps something like Taurine as x mentioned.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any tricks for mixing them together?

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
The only bulk supplement I've had that tastes bad has been CEE. I currently weigh and mix the following (just add water and drink) before a workout:

5g Citrulline Malate
4g Beta Alanine
3g Glycerol Monostearate
2g CEE
2g Tri-Creatine Malate
2g Creatine Gluconate
2g ALCAR

Really doesnt taste bad, kinda lemon flavored chemical taste.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I put mine in a plastic jug and screw the lid on and shake like hell.

krogtaar

Awards
im not so sure shaking them all in a huge container will work well...mixing depends on the differenses in particle size and density, as well as cohseion. think of mixing a bucket full ofsmall rocks and sand...if you shake hard enoguh all the rocks will go to the top and the sand to the bottom

if you want to go this route mixing with a big spoon after shaking should help fix it

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I put mine in a plastic jug and screw the lid on and shake like hell.
exactly the same thing i do. use a jar, empty supp container, ect shake it up real good and then let it sit for a few minutes before opening it. reason being, if your bulk powders in the mixing bottle are really fine, as soon as you open the bottle a cloud of bulk powder/dust is going to puff out everywhere so i just let it sit for a minute or two so the dust can settle.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
The only bulk supplement I've had that tastes bad has been CEE. I currently weigh and mix the following (just add water and drink) before a workout:

5g Citrulline Malate
4g Beta Alanine
3g Glycerol Monostearate
2g CEE
2g Tri-Creatine Malate
2g Creatine Gluconate
2g ALCAR

Really doesnt taste bad, kinda lemon flavored chemical taste.
Try bulk green tea powder or bulk horny goat weed. Those are both really nasty.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
im not so sure shaking them all in a huge container will work well...mixing depends on the differenses in particle size and density, as well as cohseion. think of mixing a bucket full ofsmall rocks and sand...if you shake hard enoguh all the rocks will go to the top and the sand to the bottom

if you want to go this route mixing with a big spoon after shaking should help fix it
i agree and disagree. in your example you are absolutely right, the rock will stay on top and sand goes to the bottom. but the size difference of the particles of bulk powders are only slightly different in size. at most, one bulk particle only going to be 2-3 times the size of a different ingredient's particle. the size of a grain of sand is thousands of times smaller then even a very tiny pebble. think of just sand without pebbles or rocks, various different types of granules and particles make up sand and they all slightly very in size, nonetheless sand is still rather homogeneous in nature (more or less). anyways, mixing bulk powders will not make a perfectly homogeneous mixture, but for our applications i believe this method works well. even name brand supps will not be perfectly homogeneous. nonetheless, mixing with a spoon could never hurt.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I will do the shake method with a stir for good measure. Thanks for the replies