Cla

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
ive started taking cla recently. i was wondering if anybody had any advise on the best way to take this. the bottle says take it with meals, but does that mean i should take it with my protein shakes in between meals also?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd say so. Start with the recommended dosage and gradually increase to about 5-6 caps per day. I've heard of some people seeing their best results by taking a higher dosage than recommended. Instead of eating 3 main, large meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), then eat 5-6 small meals per day and take a cap of CLA with each meal. I don't know what your schedule is like and what it permits. Just don't take CLA too close to bed time.

DRSPEDO

DRSPEDO

Awards
old wives tale...

cla does a million things, one of which includes the action of C-reactive protein, which is involved in inflammation.

Studies have been done (U.Wis.) that may indicate that cla actually helps to stop storing fat during sleep. It changes (studies are uncertain of how) how your body mobilizes and stores essential f.a. like arachidonic acid and dha.

The average america grocery store takes you o-3 and o-6 levels and kicks them in the teeth... so sad

vague post, but that's because we're not really sure what's goin on here...

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
old wives tale...

cla does a million things, one of which includes the action of C-reactive protein, which is involved in inflammation.

Studies have been done (U.Wis.) that may indicate that cla actually helps to stop storing fat during sleep. It changes (studies are uncertain of how) how your body mobilizes and stores essential f.a. like arachidonic acid and dha.

The average america grocery store takes you o-3 and o-6 levels and kicks them in the teeth... so sad

vague post, but that's because we're not really sure what's goin on here...
I read that somewhere. I think it's because of an individual possibly consuming too much CLA. I never knew there were side-effects, like diarrhea. I never would've guessed. If this is an old wive's tale, then so be it. I stand corrected. Thanks, DRSPEDO.