Any of you ever feel wierd

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Going on vacation and having a seperate bag for supplements?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's their to feel weird about? I'm sure things are less roomier, but that's it. Unless people know you're caring a whole bag of supplements around and are staring at you for it. They're jealous of your physique, perhaps? I did the same thing when I was just going to the gym, so I'm sure I'd pack a bag for going on vacation. You need what you need.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
What's their to feel weird about? I'm sure things are less roomier, but that's it. Unless people know you're caring a whole bag of supplements around and are staring at you for it. They're jealous of your physique, perhaps? I did the same thing when I was just going to the gym, so I'm sure I'd pack a bag for going on vacation. You need what you need.
Its just funny to me.
You ready yet???

Me -- "Yeah, Big bag for clothes, medium bag for supps, small bag for cologne and monster mastering elements"

Notice the medium bag has my **** in it...

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
My mom thinks all supplements are steroids, no matter how much info I give her, so I always feel sorta funny carrying my steroids around. Especially on vacations, it's that "disappointed mom" look that gets me!

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
My mom thinks all supplements are steroids, no matter how much info I give her, so I always feel sorta funny carrying my steroids around. Especially on vacations, it's that "disappointed mom" look that gets me!
LMFAO.

Multi-Vitamin steroids.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know how that can be. My mother just worries about Ephedrine, because of what we've all heard in the news about a lot of pro athletes. But, it's those who use irresponsibly that make things difficult for the rest of us. It's my father that I have to worry about. He's very old-fashioned. He also thinks he knows everything. He told me that I don't need supplements, they're a waste of money, blah blah blah. I just ignore him, lol. My stepfather, on the other hand, used to be in the military and he was pretty big into bodybuilding. He's for it, but he just wants me to be careful.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its just funny to me.
You ready yet???

Me -- "Yeah, Big bag for clothes, medium bag for supps, small bag for cologne and monster mastering elements"

Notice the medium bag has my **** in it...
I used to have to bring a backpack and a couple of plastic bags with me when I went to the gym. I have yet to pack a duffelbag though, lol.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I used to have to bring a backpack and a couple of plastic bags with me when I went to the gym. I have yet to pack a duffelbag though, lol.
Protein and Creatines are a ***** to get out of a plastic bag. Not to mention if that **** rips...

So in my bag ---

3lb Protein

1lb Creatine

Pill Box

Shaker Cup

Few cans of Redline or something...

Battery Op Mini Blender.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO.

Multi-Vitamin steroids.
No joke. I came home one day, and she had my Walmart cheap ass Equate multivitamins in her hand. She immediately looks at me and says, "Are you using steroids!?" I was like, "Uh, mom, those are multivitamins..." She then tosses 'em to me and says, "I bet!" and then walked away and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day! I'm pretty sure she's going through menopause. :rant:

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
No joke. I came home one day, and she had my Walmart cheap ass Equate multivitamins in her hand. She immediately looks at me and says, "Are you using steroids!?" I was like, "Uh, mom, those are multivitamins..." She then tosses 'em to me and says, "I bet!" and then walked away and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day! I'm pretty sure she's going through menopause. :rant:

LOL. Start putting Centrum 50+ all over the house.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Even if you had steroids, parents just never listen anymore and they don't give you a chance to explain a single thing. They focus on the negatives, that's all. Not the positives. Let her think/say/do what she wants. You're gonna do what you want anyways, regardless of what she says. Besides, you're 21. My parents have been putting up with me doing whatever I've wanted for the past 20 years, so they don't really bother with lecturing me much.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Protein and Creatines are a ***** to get out of a plastic bag. Not to mention if that **** rips...

So in my bag ---

3lb Protein

1lb Creatine

Pill Box

Shaker Cup

Few cans of Redline or something...

Battery Op Mini Blender.
I need a new shaker cup. My other two leaked. I need a pill box, too. The mini blender sounds nifty. Where'd you get it?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really that worried about her. It's become so comical I just end up laughing about it later. It is true about her not listening though, she thinks anything that in capsule form is either a drug or a steroid. I just don't really even try to argue anymore... just snicker a little bit.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
U have to buy them in bulk. I got my gym to buy a bunch and then got one from them.
I'll try talking to my gym then. They're currently thinking about getting a Dr. Smoothie setup there. I really hope all goes as planned. I love their products.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
No prob. I just ordered one. I never even considered that they made these things - handy!

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
No prob. I just ordered one. I never even considered that they made these things - handy!
I found them online one day cause my protein shake almost make me puke because of the lumpy texture. Something about swallowing quarter sized balls of powder didn't do it for me.

Low and Behold... they had travel blenders.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I found them online one day cause my protein shake almost make me puke because of the lumpy texture. Something about swallowing quarter sized balls of powder didn't do it for me.

Low and Behold... they had travel blenders.
Yeah, I've never been one for balls in my mouth, powdered or not! :D

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I carry my powdered creatine in a tupperware salt shaker. It's creatine, so I don't worry all that much about getting the dosage exact.

The rest of my powders are in these mini tupperware containers, they hold about a cup of whatever. It is kind of disheartening to see all my hardcore supplements stored in containers with pansy coral and aqua colored containers.:p

In any case, they save a lot of room in the bag, and I've never had one pop open unintentionally. My family has gotten used to me showing up with lots of little containers of powders and my own food. Mom has gotten to the point where she just rolls her eyes if she sees the stuff.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Its always the mom!
Seriously! Back when I first started lifting when I was 18, she of course was thinking that half my supps were steroids. My main defense was,"Mom, I'm 155 lbs and 5'10''. Do I LOOK like I'm on steroids?"

Disclaimer: I was training for rockclimbing, so that's actually a good height to weight ratio. Don't be cruel.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Damn kids these days. You do not! NEED supplements.
T-Bone I really don't need another condescending voice in my life. If you do not agree with me taking protein, creatine, a multivitamin, DCP/LevR for dieting and prolonged workout reasons, then keep it too yourself. If I choose to take these supplements, it is up to me. It is NOT up to you to give me any flack about it, just because you disagree with it. I am doing what I believe is most beneficial for my workouts/lifestyle. You're negativity creates help in no way, and this board is up for people to talk with civility and to help others. Please stop parading your negative opinions every time you disagree with someone using something that you would not.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
T-Bone I really don't need another condescending voice in my life. If you do not agree with me taking protein, creatine, a multivitamin, DCP/LevR for dieting and prolonged workout reasons, then keep it too yourself. If I choose to take these supplements, it is up to me. It is NOT up to you to give me any flack about it, just because you disagree with it. I am doing what I believe is most beneficial for my workouts/lifestyle. You're negativity creates help in no way, and this board is up for people to talk with civility and to help others. Please stop parading your negative opinions every time you disagree with someone using something that you would not.
Your body is your canvas, so to speak. Do what you want with it. Remember, you only live once. This is what really pisses me off. Politicians will ban supplements and random people will argue against others, based on age or some other detail, about taking supplements. Each individual possesses his or her own right, to do what they wish to their bodies. If you wanna use a steroid, regardless of how young you are, then do so. However, you're responsible for doing research, understanding how to use it, having knowledge of possible side-effects, and the list goes on. Some people will listen, some won't. Some people will put supplements to responsible use, some won't. It doesn't hurt to look out for the next guy, but we are each our own person.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Your body is your canvas, so to speak. Do what you want with it. Remember, you only live once. This is what really pisses me off. Politicians will ban supplements and random people will argue against others, based on age or some other detail, about taking supplements. Each individual possesses his or her own right, to do what they wish to their bodies. If you wanna use a steroid, regardless of how young you are, then do so. However, you're responsible for doing research, understanding how to use it, having knowledge of possible sife-effects, and the list goes on. Some people will listen, some won't. Some people will put supplements to responsible use, some won't. It doesn't hurt to look out for the next guy, but we are each our own person.
I am in total and complete agreement with you MuscleGuy. It just really bothers me after I've done so much research and reading, that someone has the audacity to treat me like I'm ignorant. I consider every possibility I can think of when it comes to putting something into my body. In fact the reason I take these supplements is to live a long, strong, healthy life. I'm not just jamming the next "big thing" in my arm trying to get bigger. I methodically do research, ask questions, find out if a supplement truly is going to help me out, and use these sources in making my decisions. Age is important, but intelligence should prevail in all decisions.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am in total and complete agreement with you MuscleGuy. It just really bothers me after I've done so much research and reading, that someone has the audacity to treat me like I'm ignorant. I consider every possibility I can think of when it comes to putting something into my body. In fact the reason I take these supplements is to live a long, strong, healthy life. I'm not just jamming the next "big thing" in my arm trying to get bigger. I methodically do research, ask questions, find out if a supplement truly is going to help me out, and use these sources in making my decisions. Age is important, but intelligence should prevail in all decisions.
W3rd, lol.

Age is something to take into consideration, but knowledge is power. Everybody lives differently. Some safer than others. If people have a problem with what you're doing and they decide to disagree, then they can always click out of your here thread. Personally, I like the idea of supplements. There's a wide variety. All of them help you in one way or another. Sure, some do at least a little harm as well, but you have to take the good with the bad. Supplements can do wonders if used responsibly and correctly. They're good for boosting the natural processes that occur in your body.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
All you need is the strap!
That's my line.
My wife always makes fun of my supp bag when we travel. She's always like do you need that? and I say it helps with the lack of booty. Then she gets real ticked.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Funny time was when I was on shift and I brought my Ecdy powder with me, which I have been giving a shot this past month or so. I too feel awkward bringing supplements with me, but this one posed a problem - had to measure out 1/8th of a teaspoon, so I had to bring the measuring spoon and all. Ducked into a bathroom stall, and stopped for a second as I felt like some trash dope-using scumbag. Nonetheless, I downed the goods, ie got my "fix", and moved on. I was real secretive about the dosing too, which made me feel even more awkward about the whole situation. The crummy bathroom stall and sharpie designs on the walls didn't help either. Ghetto trash I felt like, ghetto trash...

One of my favorite things I use for when I bring my supplements around is a very small bottle of aspirin that I bought at Dicks Sporting Goods, suprisingly. It's about 2 inches tall, and has a a diameter just wide enough to squeeze two small pills in, side by side. So it basically can fit a maximum of 4 or 5 pills. I like it so much due to the fact that it's a plastic case, where plastic bags make me nervous (breaking the cap isn't hard at all... slight bump and it's done)....... and it's "easily concealed".... there's that ghetto dope-sniffin feelin again!