Is Cytogaining serious? HELP ME

RonPaul

Awards
Is Cytogaining serious? it's directions says to take an hour before workout, and also once again maybe 30mins after workout.

Are they seriousssss????? it says to take 4 scoops and you get over 900calories if taken with skim milk, and 53grams of protein.

take that twice within maybe 3hrs, and you got 1800calories and 106grams of protein,

Isn't that overdosing?

Aren't you gonna get real fat real soon?

Someone please tell me what's the deal with this.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
my tub says take three times a day. It is a weight gainer, That means you are taking A bunch of cals,carbs,and protein at one time. I have used this and I just took it at bedtime. Most companies say this but that is because you only get about 15-16 servings per tub. You should be getting most of your nutrition from FOOD. Cytogainer should only be used to help this not be the sole provider.

RonPaul

Awards
so what are you saying?
dont' do as it says?

i'd rather take it only once a day, and have my whey also once during the day

would you take it in the morning of after workout then?

i see no use takign it b4 bed

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
are you taking any protein before bed?

You want some amino acids flowing in you while you sleep.

You can always make your own weight gainer that would be cheaper and have healthier ingredients.

I have never taken a weight gainer, but there are many threads about how to make them and when the best time to take them would be.

If you arent a big fan of cooking food for breakfast, you can take it in the morning. Or if you are pressed for time before or after your WO, take it then. And you can take 1/2 the servng at night time if you cannot find a cassein based protein or something slow digesting over night.

There is no rule WHEN YOU MUST take it.

Find what works for you best.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most gainers are marketed towards hardgaining newbies who don't care about the quality of their gains as long as they are getting HYOOGER.

It became a competition to list the most calories per "serving" when all they did was increase serving size. Besides, follow the directions and it will last you a whopping week...then you will have to reorder.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
so what are you saying?
dont' do as it says?

i'd rather take it only once a day, and have my whey also once during the day

would you take it in the morning of after workout then?

i see no use takign it b4 bed
I take it before bed so it feeds while I sleep. I eat food during the day and take whey shakes. also realize you have to intake more cals and stuff while on a bulk then you normally take. How many cals a day would you eat normally? most people add 1500-2000 more a day when bulking. that is one to two serving of cytogainer. Or one cytogainer and one extra meal.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Most gainers are marketed towards hardgaining newbies who don't care about the quality of their gains as long as they are getting HYOOGER.

It became a competition to list the most calories per "serving" when all they did was increase serving size. Besides, follow the directions and it will last you a whopping week...then you will have to reorder.
Exactly. Most are filled with sugar and saturated fats that WILL MAKE you gain some fat.

Some shakes I have seen that are homemade contain:

Oats.
Skim/Whole Milk
Yougrt
Fruits (berries and bannanas..etc.)
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Whey

and much more.

See what you find to be the best tasting and easiest to make shake..and see what can happen.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I take it before bed so it feeds while I sleep. I eat food during the day and take whey shakes. also realize you have to intake more cals and stuff while on a bulk then you normally take. How many cals a day would you eat normally? most people add 1500-2000 more a day when bulking. that is one to two serving of cytogainer. Or one cytogainer and one extra meal.
1500-2000 calories over matinence?

or did you mean 150-200?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Most are filled with sugar and saturated fats that WILL MAKE you gain some fat.

Some shakes I have seen that are homemade contain:

Oats.
Skim/Whole Milk
Yougrt
Fruits (berries and bannanas..etc.)
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Whey

and much more.

See what you find to be the best tasting and easiest to make shake..and see what can happen.
That is my breakfast postworkout shake. and it is tasty.
And I also meant 1500-2000 extra. only when bulking. I'm 6'2" and 225 with 12% BF.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
i take cytosport only after workouts. thats really the only time you need that amount of calories and protein pumped through your body. it has lasted me a while doing that. they put all the recommended amounts to make you run out faster and buy more. just take it ost-workout and youll be fine. its a great shake dont get me wrong. its prety much all i use besides jello(post workout) and whey for bedtime.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
please elaborate, why jello post workout? am i missing something?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
That is my breakfast postworkout shake. and it is tasty.
And I also meant 1500-2000 extra. only when bulking. I'm 6'2" and 225 with 12% BF.
so if it takes, say 3500 kcals to maintain, you eat over 5,000 to gain?

RonPaul

Awards
I usually take Whey before bed, i'd rather be awake when i take carbs for better digestion even if it's complex carbs, perhaps im wrong in that thinking

I have no idea how many cals i normally eat and probably will never know

i'm east indian and I eat indian food everyday, there's no way of finding out calorie content
also i'm vegetarian