How much protein should I need?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm creating custom proteins through True Protein and Protein Factory. However, I'm not sure as to how much to order. I've come up with some pretty good ideas for mixes, however, I'm not sure if 2-4lbs. of each would be enough for a whole month. I'd obviously like to consume one of my mixes immediately following my workout, as it contains 30% whey protein concentrate, 20% CFM whey isolate, 20% iso-chill whey isolate, and 20% ion-exchange whey isolate. This sounds perfect for a PWO shake. This would be consumed after my workout and I workout 5 days a week. At night, shortly before bed, I'd like to consume my multi-protein blend, which consists of a combination of both slow- and fast-digesting proteins, including 45% membrane micellar casein, 40% aussie caseinate, and 5% CFM whey isolate. This protein would be consumed only once a night, for a whole month. Again, I only workout 5 days out of the week.

So, should a couple of lbs of each be enough for 4 weeks, or no?

Thanks for the help, guys.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
MG,

I don’t think I caught how much of each you are taking per day. Personnally, I take in about 150 gms of whey and bulk BCAA’s each day and that comes to about 10 lbs. per month. Since you grow on your rest days I would do at least some protein supplementation on those days, too. I'd up it. It's not like you're never gonna use any that's leftover.

DB

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Muscle,

How many grams of protein are coming from whole foods?