Best Weight Gainer

RonPaul

Awards
Hello all,

I have 2 questions,

1) what is the best weight gainer?

2) I got BCAAs, i take them 40mins prior to workout and 20mins after, they are time-released, and i got whey.
The weight gainer you will suggest, should I take it after working out or should i take the whey after working out?

I usually have a pastry with coffee after my workout, so i kinda get simple carbs there. But should i take the weight gainer you will suggest, which will probably be complex carbs, after workout since BCAA giving me aminos, or whey first and weight gainer later?

I work out at 7am in the morning.

I would apreciate advice on both questions.
Thanks to all

it's unfortunate huckabee won the iowa caucus, but let's keep moving strong!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
As far as pre mixed weight gainers I use Beverly Mass Maker and MHP Up Your Mass.

I like the protein blend in Beverlys better, but the fats and carbs in MHP's product make it very worthwhile when on the go.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops whey
skim milk
2 tsp PB
2 tsp honey
2 cup oats

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
N large and cytogainer always used to do me well. Many wouldn't use them because of all the malto in them. If you want quality carbs after a workout choices are limited to prolab lean mass matrix, core mrp, and labrada lean body breakfast. They are more expensive but core mrp is the best deal and it has a scooper that scoops out 20gs carbs/20gs protein. Its nice so you can adjust it. I liked to do 60/60 after workouts but 40/40 might be better for some. Vpx also makes one but the carbs are only 20g and not even close to enough for me.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,

I have 2 questions,

1) what is the best weight gainer?

2) I got BCAAs, i take them 40mins prior to workout and 20mins after, they are time-released, and i got whey.
The weight gainer you will suggest, should I take it after working out or should i take the whey after working out?

I usually have a pastry with coffee after my workout, so i kinda get simple carbs there. But should i take the weight gainer you will suggest, which will probably be complex carbs, after workout since BCAA giving me aminos, or whey first and weight gainer later?

I work out at 7am in the morning.

I would apreciate advice on both questions.
Thanks to all

it's unfortunate huckabee won the iowa caucus, but let's keep moving strong!

you should probably try making your own weight gainer shake. I find that gainer shakes are extremely expensive. A 5 pound jug is like 25 bucks sure but most of that comes from unwanted sugars. The best way for some good nutrition in a form of a shake is probably 1 scoop of whey, 2 cup of milk, 1 scoop of wazy maize starch, some oats and a few scoops of natty peanut butter. Great weight gaining shake :)

RonPaul

Awards
you should probably try making your own weight gainer shake. I find that gainer shakes are extremely expensive. A 5 pound jug is like 25 bucks sure but most of that comes from unwanted sugars. The best way for some good nutrition in a form of a shake is probably 1 scoop of whey, 2 cup of milk, 1 scoop of wazy maize starch, some oats and a few scoops of natty peanut butter. Great weight gaining shake :)
problem is i'd be taking the shake at work
all that recipe stuff isn't much of an option to me

and would i take it after workout or would whey be taken after workout, regardless of me taking my BCAAs before and right after workout?

and how long should I use it for?

Hardnut1

Board Sponsor
Awards
As far as pre mixed weight gainers I use Beverly Mass Maker and MHP Up Your Mass.

I like the protein blend in Beverlys better, but the fats and carbs in MHP's product make it very worthwhile when on the go.
I second Beverly's Mass Maker. I have been using it for years.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I second Beverly's Mass Maker. I have been using it for years.
ya i love their whole line, but mass makers my fav of their current proteins (after they made changes to ultra size a few yrs back)

RonPaul

Awards
and how many times a day should I take Mass Maker?

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You could also look into Ergopharm's Mass Meal.

The Chocolate Fudge is excellent!

-Spaz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 12
thehulk98 Supplements 39
Supplements 25
Bulking 65
Supplements 27