A good morning protein blend (please recommend)

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
I don't have time to make a whole food breakfast in the mornings, and after I leave the house I am sometimes not able to eat for up to 3 or 4 hours after.

What is a good protein blend that I can chug quickly on the way out of the door? I use ON whey right now but I am hungry soon after. I might want to use this for pre-bed at times also. Not looking for mrp as such, just protein blend.

tattoopierced1

what if you mix some things in with your ON shakes.. One of my favorites is mixing whey protein, ground oats, natty PB, a banana, and 2 eggs in, blend and you got a very filling shake that is good on the go.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
It's a good idea but I am looking for fast/med/slow release protein blend. I have looked at a few but they are pricey and I am sure quality varies, so I want to make sure I don't buy ****e ;o)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
It's a good idea but I am looking for fast/med/slow release protein blend. I have looked at a few but they are pricey and I am sure quality varies, so I want to make sure I don't buy ****e ;o)
mix it with an egg and milk.

I mix these in a magic bullet blender every morning, it tastes great and is fast:
whey, egg, oats, milk, miracle greens, blueberries, and cinnamon

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Another good idea, but again, I am looking for quality protein blend recommendation. Also, I live in Kuwait and eggs are scarce (bird flu - and I wouldn't want to be eating them raw, or at all!). Unless people think that whey in milk is good enough for sustained release? I might use it at bedtime too. I know milk is casein but smaller amounts, right?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Just add in whey, milk, and olive oil. The oil will help slow the digestion of the whey so you won't be starving within an hour.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
evo pro from cytosport, on's pro complex and syntha six from BSN are all good blended proteins. carefull w/ the syntha tho, it might taste awsome but is more of an mrp

The Graduate

Awards
The fats in the PB and the fibre in the oats will slow the release down, if added some eggs and milk it would have everything you need.

If not can you source Micellar Casein? I know ON do it. Just mix whey and Micellar with some oats and PB!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Are you wanting a solo protein blend(MRP) or are you wanting something to fill you up with protein?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Casein as a protein blend is pretty much garbage. Sure it is isn't absorbed as quickly as whey protein, but the bioavailability of it is garbage compared to whey. Stick with a blend of just adding milk with your regular whey shakes.

tattoopierced1

go to one of the good board sponsers TrueProtein and make a custom blend.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Casein as a protein blend is pretty much garbage. Sure it is isn't absorbed as quickly as whey protein, but the bioavailability of it is garbage compared to whey. Stick with a blend of just adding milk with your regular whey shakes.
Thats an answer I've been waiting to come across

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
evo pro from cytosport, on's pro complex and syntha six from BSN are all good blended proteins. carefull w/ the syntha tho, it might taste awsome but is more of an mrp
I'd say two scoops of syntha would be great upon awakening...i used it for quite some time and loved it, i was actually looking to add some size and ended up cutting up and gaining muscle at the same time. I love the ratios too, 22 protein, 6 fat, 15 carbs per scoop...two scoops is excellent for PWO.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
one scoop on whey, one scoop on casein, tblsp natty PB, one banana, 1 cup skim milk

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Can you elaborate on that one? You say don't use casein but add milk, the protein in which is 80% casein. Am I missing something?

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Are you wanting a solo protein blend(MRP) or are you wanting something to fill you up with protein?
Yes, a protein blend with as little carbs as possible. Ultra peptide looks ideal but it's expensive.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Matrix 5.0

Matrix 5.0 (5 lb) By: Syntrax

Good blend, good price; mixes easily and tastes good. Has undenatured Whey Protein, Micellar Casein and Egg Albumin.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would spring for the Ultra Peptide, then use 1 scoop with a scoop of Whey. You will still feel full for hours, and you will also get the benefit of the instant amino infusion from straight whey.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I would spring for the Ultra Peptide, then use 1 scoop with a scoop of Whey. You will still feel full for hours, and you will also get the benefit of the instant amino infusion from straight whey.
UP and DYA Propeptide have given me better results than any other protein besides Ultra Size (however Ultra Size costs far too much)

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Ok, was between San Infusion, U.P. and VPX zero impact in the end. I am pretty leery of some brands mentioned. going with U.P. since it was actually about the least cost per serving. Just hope it tastes ok now, lol. Thanks for all the suggestions, I might use a few in the near future. I just don't want to mess around creating my own liquid meals for now, just add stuff to water or milk an go first thing in the morning.
Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The NEW U.P. is fantastic tasting. You will be pleased.

TouchmeBaby

Awards
Just milk, oats, 2 scoops of protein, and half cup of PB has done wonders for me and tastes great. just make sure to put a decent amount of milk in it.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Labrada makes a breakfast shake that is extremely filling and loaded with good stuff - both whey and casein protein for time released absorption. I recommend the cinnamon oatmeal flavor. It's a little on the expensive side, but if you want convenience, you can't beat it.

Joe

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 packet (92g)
Servings Per Container: 1

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 360

Calories From Fat 60

Total Fat 7 g 11%

Saturated Fat 3 g 15%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 55 mg 18%

Sodium 130 mg 5%

Potassium 810 mg 23%

Total Carbohydrates 35 g 12%

Dietary Fiber 7 g 28%

Sugars 6 g

Protein 40 g 80%

Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 30%
Iron 60%
Vitamin E 60%
Vitamin K 45%
Thiamin (B1) 70%
Riboflavin (B2) 80%
Niacin (B3) 60%
Pyridoxine (B6) 60%
Folate 60%
Cyanocobalamin (B12) 60%
Biotin 60%
Pantothenic Acid 60%
Phosphorus 30%
Iodine 60%
Magnesium 60%
Zinc 60%
Selenium 50%
Copper 60%
Manganese 140%
Chromium 50%
Molybdenum 110%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: LeanPro® (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Whole Carb™ (Brown Rice Flour, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Rice Bran), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Blueberries, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Calcium Caseinate, Fibersol-2, FOS (fructooligosaccharides), Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Fumarate, Alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Chromium Polynicotinate, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione, Vitamin B12), Cellulose Gum, Soy Lecithin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Cream, Guar Gum, Mono- and Diglycerides, Xanthan Gum, Acesulfame K, Sucralose, Potassium Phosphate, Salt, Beta Carotene added for color, Tocopherols added to protect flavor, Ascorbyl Palmitate added to protect flavor.