Golden Finish coming to Nutraplanet 1/7/08 (monday)

• Thread starter CONTROLLED LABS
  • Start date
LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
With the secret carb sources I would expect most people to wait for unsponcored logs before making their purchase, although hype/advertising may make this a big seller in its first week, Ill be waiting for reviews myself.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
ill be a ginnie pig, controlled labs is gtg

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Awesome ! We will keep this bumped with plenty of feedback

:squat:

[size=+2]Golden Finish[/size]

Initial (First Serving) Instructions:
To assess your individual tolerance combine 1/2 scoop of Golden Finish with 4oz of water and consumer it after your workout.
Shake well before drinking.

Thanks to everyone at Controlled Labs for giving me the opportunity to try this product. I did not drink it after my workout, the initial serving for me will just be for review purposes (Log coming tomorrow :D)

Mixability- 10/10
This shouldn't be much of a shock considering how well the other CL products have mixed. I'm sure tomorrow when I try it with the full 3 scoop serving size and about 15oz of water it will have have a thicker consistency.

Taste- 8/10
It seems like an unusual flavor and that's what I love about it. I have been drinking chocolate flavored protein and what not for a bit and am VERY tired of it. It seems to have an abundance of difference flavors mixed in but, to me it tastes mostly like a mixture of pineapple, coconut, and banana. Judging by the flavor it should be very easy to mix with another fruit protein as well.

Ingredients- 9/10
It seems like this product will work in with any type of diet which I like very much. At first glance the 20g of protein may not seem like enough but, if you are having a post w/o meal alittle later it is more than enough. Also like stated before, you can always mix in another scoop of whey protein. Fat content is very low for this :). All the ingredients are quality, especially the Golden Protein Complex; 5000mg Complex of L-Leucine and Aminogen.

Cost- 8/10
It is probably the most expensive of the Controlled Labs products per serving but, it seems to be justified. I'm not 100% positive but, pretty sure it will be sold for $39.99 on the **.com store (pt correct me if I'm wrong please :D.) Compared to other PWO prices this is right in range if not a bit less than others.

I would go more in depth with it but, like I said tomorrow is the big log day. :D also thanks for the banner CL!!!
:dl::dl:

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Awesome ! We will keep this bumped with plenty of feedback

Mixability: 10/10 - 3 scoops in 18 ounces of water in a shaker bottle, no clumps or any issues to speak of. Pretty smooth with 18 ounces, I will try less water next tomorrow to see how that works. My brother took 3 scoops with about 20 ounces in a glass and mixed it with a spoon. From what I saw it seemed smooth...I will try it with a glass and spoon tomorrow as well.

Taste: 5/10 (for now) - I say "for now" as many of these CL products tend to grow on me in terms of taste. First off, I knew I was in for something different when I first opened the jug and smelled the powder. No doubt, it's unique. The taste is unique as well. Nothing that I can't get down though. I personally couldn't care less how these products taste. It's my least important factor. The fact that the powder is so smooth and mixes so well makes it easy to get down so the taste isn't so bad.

Also, to be fair, this is my first PWO shake I've tried so I can't compare the taste to Torrent or 2:1:1 or anything. I'm imagining that making this stuff taste good is much harder compared to my plain jane 100% ON Whey. The instructions also recommend 40 ounces of water for a "smoother" tasting drink. I'll experiment with the ounces until I get something that tastes just right.

Again, I would have rated Purple Wraath a 3/10 when I first tried it. Now, I would rate it 10/10. Finding the right amount of water that works and allowing the taste to grow on you seem to be factors with CL products.

Effects: I didn't expect to have anything to post in terms of effects from a protein shake on day #1. The only weird thing I noticed was the feeling of a slight sugar rush that lasted about 15 minutes?!? Doesn't make sense as its sugarfree...could be insulin related? Also, I had less carbs in my stomach than normal at the time I took the shake. The label suggests taking 1/2 scoop to access tolerance. I usually do this with all other CL products. For GF, I decided to take a full 3 scoops so that could be related as well. Curious as to how I feel after I take it tomorrow.

Ingredients: I'm actually pretty happy about the fact that creatine is left out of this product. I take creatine separatley and see no reason to pay extra for creatine in a PWO shake. Carbs are 25g per serving. While this may seem low, its actually refreshing as I don't seem as bloated and filled up as with a product that may contain a bunch of sugar and carbs (such as cell-tech where I couldn't get a PWO meal in for 2 hours after I drank it).

20 grams of protein per serving? Not sure about it. In all fairness to CL, Torrent and 2:1:1 have similar amounts of protein. I'm used to taking double to triple the amount of protein. I will be taking my PWO meal within 30 minutes of consuming GF to make up for this.

This is just an initial review. There's really no way to give this kind of product a final rating without long-term use. I ordered 4 tubs so we'll see what happens over the next few months.

Chris

Oh yeah, and the color of the drink really is "gold".

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
nice, looks solid boys, big fan of CL...

should make a congrats thread for Chris here too eh guys

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
nice, looks solid boys, big fan of CL...

should make a congrats thread for Chris here too eh guys
yeah, our chris got engaged. he is the most mature 20 year old I have ever met, I congratulate him :)

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Initial First Serving​
Taste Test​

As instructed on the bottle: Take 1/2 scoop of GFH with 4oz of water after workout.

Today was an off day, so I drank this after about 20 min. of Cardio.

• I opened the container, and it smelled like Watermelon.
  • It mixed fairly well after shaking for a few seconds. There was just alittle bit of gritty stuff as I was drinking it.
  • Overall I liked the taste! It has a watermelon taste, with some other flavors mixed in as well. Its not to sweet, but it is very good.
  • I must say I will look foreward to this postworkout:D Mixed is some Ice cold water;)

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
The Assessment
Mixed 1/2 scoop with 4.5oz water in a blender bottle

• Appearance: The powder is gold. When mixed the drink is gold, but kinda looks like orange juice mixed with vanilla protein - what came to mind was Syntha-6. How much more gold can you get. I like the blue scooper by the way.
  • Taste:10/10 for my first dose. It was only 1/2 scoop so I can't judge until I've had the full 3 scoops but in that 1/2 scoop it was simply delicious. I was skeptical about the tropical smoothie at first, but Controlled Labs definetly put me in my place with this one. It's going to be hard not to drink this only postworkout when I'll want to drink it more often. By the way how many ounces of water do I use with 3 scoops?
  • Mixability:10/10 - no clumps whatsoever in my blender bottle. Sorta foamy, but what the hell isn't.
:dl:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty nice.. if I had the $ I'd get some lol.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Taste 10/10: I must say, the taste is simply amazing. I cant even describe what it tastes like, but a "tropical smoothie" accurately describes it. In all honesty, I think 20oz isnt enough water, as it is EXTREMELY sweet and potent at 20 oz. Definately bumping it up to at least 30 -40 oz. I compare it to that Iced tea mix, where it still tastes awesome strong, but tastes even better with a little more water (this is the case with GFH).

Mixability: 10/10 No clumps. I am staring at my shaker bottle and there is a little residue still left, but it doesnt prohibit me from enjoying it at all.

Thoughts: It tastes good, mixes good, and it has an awesome ingredient profile. I am a huge fan of insulin regulation and the BCAA/EAA blends in this.

Recovery:
This will be up for debate until the GFH is completely in my system, but I expect good things from CL.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Mixability - I mixed it with water and tried stirring it with a spoon but was left with several floating clumps. I then put the top on my shaker cup and shook it vigorously and all the clumps disappeared leaving a pretty smooth consistent shake

Rank - 7.5

Taste - A bit tart for me when mixed with about 16 ounzes of water so I may have to use more when I mix an entire serving. Had a decent tropical flavor with a hint of pina coloda/banana taste to it that I enjoyed and I wish they had moved more in this direction rather in the more sour/citrus type of flavor. Not the best, but I have had much worse. Also I am a bit biased towards chocolate flavors and I usually mix my shakes with milk so just using water was a change for me. This flavor has strong potential if they can adjust the sourness/tartness of the product.

Rank - 7

Effects - Well hard to tell when I was just sitting around watching "Shoot Em Up" which is the greatest movie I have ever seen - RENT IT. A few minutes after I drank Golden Finish I became really light headed for about 15 minutes and then it went away and I felt great. There were zero problems with digestion which for me was impressive because since my recent stomach surgery I have had trouble digesting much of anything, especially protein powders. This suggest to me that the protein has a good degree of hydrolysis and the carbs are a pretty high MW. Based on this alone I am impressed but then again it was just a half serving

Rank - 8

I am looking forward to how this product works out over the next month.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
I opened my package and saw the beautiful packaging on it. It made me ready to experience my first taste of Golden Finish. I opened up the container and the powder was yellow with a lemon smell to it. I took the blue scoop and measured out half a scoop and placed it in 4 ounces of water. I shook it in my shaker and felt my first taste of Golden Finish

The taste is rather unique. It is a mix in my opinion of lemon, pina colada and maybe some coconut that I think I tasted. The taste was okay, but not the best. The best part was after it went down and the lemon flavor stayed on your tongue. The true lemon flavor came out and the other flavor subsided.

The taste gets a 6.5 out of 10 for right now. I am sure it will grow on me

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Initial Serving

[size=+1]First Impressions:[/size]

Mixability: 9 out of 10

Mixes great but I noticed some undissolved crystals in my mouth while drinking it.

Taste: 9 out of 10

It's good. Very good. Hot-summer-day-chillin-by-the-patio-make-a-pitcher-of-GFH + add some ice cubes good. Really sweet too, almost sourish.

Overall First Impression: 9 out of 10
Initial Review:

Taste - I don't want to give this a number ranking quite yet. The product has a very unique flavor that I think most will enjoy. I would like to mention that to me, GFH has three different tastes. When I tried the powder alone it had one flavor. After I mixed GFH in water it had two unique tastes. Upon sipping GFH you are hit with an intial flavor which is proceeded by a second taste a few seconds later. Here is my ranking of the three flavors:

1 - Powder alone
2 - Second taste of mixed product
3 - First taste of mixed product

Mixibility - GFH mixed very well except for the final few sips of the shake. I am venturing to guess that the leucine is what is settling to the bottom. The solution was to add a little more water and chug the final few ounces. The settling isn't a major hindrance but it would be interesting to know if all forms of leucine have mixing problems.

Day 1 conclusion: I am happy with the ingredients included in GFH as well as the taste of the product. It will be interesting to see if recovery improves over the duration of the log.