Dcp

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
take with food or on an empty stomach? if empty - how long before meals?

thanks -

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take it with food is what I was told when I first logged it, so the TTA absorbs better.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha, looks like you will have to wait for the official version from AB!

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
What's up Moose?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be 30 min. prior to eating. However, if the TTA is already built up in your system (like it is suggested to load up the first 5 days), then I wonder if it matters all that much. Myth is right... AB will likely drop all kinds of knowledge on us soon.

I'm about 3 weeks into taking DCP and Alcar. I do a pretty good job of getting my lunchtime and dinnertime doses in before I eat. But I take my morning dose with my pre-workout protein shake, then go to the gym. I'd be surprised if that has any major negative impact on the supplement's performance.

Speaking of that, I'm down about 5 pounds (mostly due to a cut diet, I imagine) and noticably leaning out. Also on visual inspection, I feel like I'm getting better definition and not sacrificing muscle. That part is likely due to DCP. And it does seem to kick in more the longer you take it. I didn't see much at all in the first week, but the last two weeks have been good.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
30 minutes prior to meals..i think.lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
30 minutes prior to meals..i think.lol
Directions for use: Take 2 caps 3 times daily, spread out during the day, before your biggest meals if possible. One of the servings can be taken pre-workout.

A suggested protocol to start out:

2 caps 30min before breakfast
2 caps 30min before lunch
2 caps 30min pre-workout (or dinner)

Dosage and timing can be experimented with.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Directions for use: Take 2 caps 3 times daily, spread out during the day, before your biggest meals if possible. One of the servings can be taken pre-workout.

A suggested protocol to start out:

2 caps 30min before breakfast
2 caps 30min before lunch
2 caps 30min pre-workout (or dinner)

Dosage and timing can be experimented with.
so im right..haha...

im almost finsihed my bottle, went well considering I was doing a mini bulk....im gonna pick up another bottle or 2 for my cut that started today!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i had just gotten a second bottle and the contents in the clear capsules is darker than my first batch.

what up w/ that?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i had just gotten a second bottle and the contents in the clear capsules is darker than my first batch.

what up w/ that?
How long ago did you get your first batch?

There are a lot of factors that influence color of herbals: light exposure, oxygen exposure, moisture, batch variation, etc.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
How long ago did you get your first batch?

There are a lot of factors that influence color of herbals: light exposure, oxygen exposure, moisture, batch variation, etc.
i received it last august. however, at that time i noticed it was darker than the order i got in july.

i haven't noticed any change since then when i started using it now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the first batch the Liqui-caps by any chance?

After those didn't work out, we went through a new process of granuation. It is possible that there is some color variation. The product is manufactured in an OTC facility, and all components verified. The color could be any number of factors, but it all contains the correct amount of actives.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else get the raspberry-flavored burps about 20 mins after taking DCP? I must say, I rather enjoy them, especially compared to say, fish oil burps!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else get the raspberry-flavored burps about 20 mins after taking DCP? I must say, I rather enjoy them, especially compared to say, fish oil burps!
I kind of like them, myself. Not sure whether it's the actual taste, or the knoledge that the caps are now broken open and the DCP goodness is flowing through my veins.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
haha, looks like you will have to wait for the official version from AB!
I just woke up but it looks like the question has already been answered. :)

Standard dosing would be one serving before a meal spread out 3 times during the day e.g. bf, lunch, dinner.

I have also found that it to be especially helpful to take pre-workout. Since I workout first thing in the morning, I take my DCP, eat, then 1 hour later lift

Or if you are keen to experiment, you can try 2 DCP,.. (30min later) eat.., (30min later).. 2 DCP (30min later) workout.

For a large cheat, you could even try taking 2-3 caps before, and 2 caps after.

Anyway let us know which way you prefer if you do decided to try out different dosing schemes.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
What's up Moose?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be 30 min. prior to eating. However, if the TTA is already built up in your system (like it is suggested to load up the first 5 days), then I wonder if it matters all that much. Myth is right... AB will likely drop all kinds of knowledge on us soon.

I'm about 3 weeks into taking DCP and Alcar. I do a pretty good job of getting my lunchtime and dinnertime doses in before I eat. But I take my morning dose with my pre-workout protein shake, then go to the gym. I'd be surprised if that has any major negative impact on the supplement's performance.

Speaking of that, I'm down about 5 pounds (mostly due to a cut diet, I imagine) and noticably leaning out. Also on visual inspection, I feel like I'm getting better definition and not sacrificing muscle. That part is likely due to DCP. And it does seem to kick in more the longer you take it. I didn't see much at all in the first week, but the last two weeks have been good.
Great news on the cut, just give it a little bit of time, and if your diet is mostly clean, DCP should start working its magic.

Speaking of ALCAR and DCP, I remember using those together when I first ran it (log is here somewhere). I felt completley fine on it, but I stumbled across this study, which made me think twice about using them together - the essence of the study was that PLCAR helps with general fatigue, whereas ALCAR aids with mental fatigue - BUT when you combine them, the benefit (and you do get a considerable benefit) is less than if you took them alone.

So perhaps it would be a good idea to split the timing of your ALCAR and DCP.

Here's the study I'm referring to:

Effectiveness of PLCAR (statistically highly significant) in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Psychosom Med. 2004 Mar-Apr;66(2):276-82. Links
Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome.Vermeulen RC, Scholte HR.
Research Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands. info @ cfscentrumamsterdam.nl

OBJECTIVES: We compared the effects of acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine and both compounds on the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks. Effects were rated by clinical global impression of change. Secondary endpoints were the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory, McGill Pain Questionnaire, and the Stroop attention concentration test. Scores were assessed 8 weeks before treatment; at randomization; after 8, 16, and 24 weeks of treatment; and 2 weeks later. RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p =.015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p =.004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement. CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.

PMID: 15039515 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Edit: the combined use of both showed less fatigue over a longer term so I think it would be cool to just split up the timing of doses for sure.

Last edited:
EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Great news on the cut, just give it a little bit of time, and if your diet is mostly clean, DCP should start working its magic.

Speaking of ALCAR and DCP, I remember using those together when I first ran it (log is here somewhere). I felt completley fine on it, but I stumbled across this study, which made me think twice about using them together - the essence of the study was that PLCAR helps with general fatigue, whereas ALCAR aids with mental fatigue - BUT when you combine them, the benefit (and you do get a considerable benefit) is less than if you took them alone.

So perhaps it would be a good idea to split the timing of your ALCAR and DCP.

Here's the study I'm referring to:

Hi AB, nice to see you! Very interesting study. I'll play around with the dosing timing and see if I notice any difference. DCP is working well so far and I expect that to continue. So, if I need to drop the Alcar and use it another time, that shouldn't be any big deal.

Any potential interference with sesamin? I was thinking of adding that in too for the last month or so of my cut.

Thanks AB

Last edited by a moderator:
asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hi AB, nice to see you! Very interesting study. I'll play around with the dosing timing and see if I notice any difference. DCP is working well so far and I expect that to continue. So, if I need to drop the Alcar and use it another time, that shouldn't be any big deal.

Any potential interference with sesamin? I was thinking of adding that in too for the last month or so of my cut.

Thanks AB
Should have some good synergy with sesamin (activates PPAR alpha) feel free to rock a bit of it.
If you don't mind me asking, what does your cut diet look like?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Should have some good synergy with sesamin (activates PPAR alpha) feel free to rock a bit of it.
If you don't mind me asking, what does your cut diet look like?
Sure thing!

Breakfast:
Pre-workout shake (1 scoop whey & water)
Post-workout shake (1 scoop whey & water)
Bowl Raisin Bran or 1c oats w/ blueberries (about 1 hour post w/o)

Lunch:
Salad w/ approx. 1 chicken breast and balsamic vinagrette (salad includes romaine, green or red peppers, peas, some feta)

Mid-PM Snack:
1 ON Diet Protein bar

Dinner:
Some variation here. Chicken, steak, or pork (all equivalent to about 1 chicken breast in size). Paired with either steamed peas, steamed brocoli, or sometimes whole-wheat pasta (never more than 1/2 cup).

Pre-bed Snack:
1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese

I also take in about a teaspoon of fish oil with both breakfast and dinner.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I just woke up but it looks like the question has already been answered. :)

Standard dosing would be one serving before a meal spread out 3 times during the day e.g. bf, lunch, dinner.

I have also found that it to be especially helpful to take pre-workout. Since I workout first thing in the morning, I take my DCP, eat, then 1 hour later lift

Or if you are keen to experiment, you can try 2 DCP,.. (30min later) eat.., (30min later).. 2 DCP (30min later) workout.

For a large cheat, you could even try taking 2-3 caps before, and 2 caps after.

Anyway let us know which way you prefer if you do decided to try out different dosing schemes.
AB - thanks for confirming!

how should leviatin reloaded be worked into this if i am stacking them together.

thanks - moose

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take the Levi at the same time as the DCP...2 caps, 2-3 times per day.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats a scorching stack! I'm gonna be doing that soon!

-dsade, did you ever find a good price on fucoaxithin? Does it even have any merit?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats a scorching stack! I'm gonna be doing that soon!

-dsade, did you ever find a good price on fucoaxithin? Does it even have any merit?
There are some testers running over at M&M...waiting to see how their results come in.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you tried it? It looks like on paper it would stack EXTREMELY WELL with DCP, and I was thinking about buying some if its good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you tried it? It looks like on paper it would stack EXTREMELY WELL with DCP, and I was thinking about buying some if its good.
I'm awaiting samples....we are thinking about putting it into a DCP-Ampllifier I am working on, which will be beta tested the end of the month or beginning of Feb.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
O yea!!!!!!! Sounds ausome man! If you can make DCP even more effective, that would be insane! Where can I pick up fucoanathin to try it out myself? I didn't see it at NP.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
O yea!!!!!!! Sounds ausome man! If you can make DCP even more effective, that would be insane! Where can I pick up fucoanathin to try it out myself? I didn't see it at NP.
I think the testers got theirs at a certain Warehouse.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool, thanks dsade, I'm gonna give this a try next month when my bank will have enough money! I'll keep you updated on how it stacks with DCP.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool, thanks dsade, I'm gonna give this a try next month when my bank will have enough money! I'll keep you updated on how it stacks with DCP.
PLEASE do...and I will also keep you in mind when we are ready to beta test the new formula.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you've taken up to six levi caps a day?
Depending on the schedule of my wakeup, state of restfulness, and everything I need to accomplish for the day, yes I have.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
AB - thanks for confirming!

how should leviatin reloaded be worked into this if i am stacking them together.

thanks - moose
I would start with one cap of Levi in the AM and 1 cap at mid-day/mid afternoon to assess tolerance

If and when you feel fine on those, you can increase the dosage to 2 in the morning (with DCP), 1 in the arvo, and then 2-2.

I would suggest you use the minimal amount needed to get the effects you desire, plus there will be an opportunity to increase dosage later along the track when you need that extra boost.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I take mine at 5:10 AM With 2 Leviathan Pills with the first half of my BCAA mix. Then I work out, come home... slam my 40g of ISOPURE, Eat my 2 eggs (One yolk and one not) on my 2 pieces of whole grain toast with ketchup and then go shower =)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
Supplements 1