anything for lactic acid?

  1. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    anything for lactic acid?


    I've never had a good tolerance for lactic acid. Now I'm not in amazing shape, but I can run 1.5 miles in about 10 minutes, so it's not like i'm a fat **** who cant move.

    Even as I train the same and do the same runs my tolerance never gets any better and I almost always puke from it on my runs.


    Any ideas for me?

  2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Rugger,

    I am not sure I understand what your goal is.

    Is it to run 1.5 miles faster?

    If so we need a few details.

    How many miles do you run a week, how many days per week, at what pace etc.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. New Member
    coug42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    9373
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    90.2%

    Check out Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Rugger,

    I am not sure I understand what your goal is.

    Is it to run 1.5 miles faster?

    If so we need a few details.

    How many miles do you run a week, how many days per week, at what pace etc.


    CROWLER
    My goal is just not to get nauseas when I do HIIT or go on my runs. Generally I'll only run 1.5 miles once a week at about a 10 minute pace, but I also push myself in the gym to where I can still feel the acid making me queezy.
  5. New Member
    rustlerracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    59.19%

    Cytosport Cyto max, more popular in the cycling scene than BB.

    Cytomax is the world's most scientifically advanced complex carbohydrate, electrolyte performance energy drink. Ensures proper hydration, steady energy and reduced fatigue during exercise.

    Benefits of using Cytomax:

    * Beats The Burn: Cytomax's patented alpha L-Polylactate buffers lactic acid production in your muscles, reducing the "burn" during intense training and minimizing post-exercise muscle soreness.

    * Steady Energy: Complex carbs stabilize blood sugar during exercise - no sugar crash

    * Cell Protection: Antioxidants prevent exercise-induced free radical damage to muscle cells

    * Oxygen Delivery: Succinates enhance oxygen delivery by up to 11% during exercise, reducing perceived exertion and minimizing muscle damage

    * Cellular Balance: Electrolytes ensure cellular nutrient balance is restored quickly after exercise

    * Low Osmoality: Ensures fluid reaches your muscles quickly - as fast as water!

    * Natural Herbal "Lift": (in Tangy Orange, Go Grape and Peachy Keen flavors only) Reduces your perceived effort so you can push harder
  6. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    902
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    90.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whats your diet like pre-work out?
  7. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    902
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    90.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    My goal is just not to get nauseas when I do HIIT or go on my runs. Generally I'll only run 1.5 miles once a week at about a 10 minute pace, but I also push myself in the gym to where I can still feel the acid making me queezy.
    What do you mean by this? Feel lactic acid? wha?
  8. New Member
    coug42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    9373
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    90.2%

    He must be confusing stomach acid with lactic acid. lol
  9. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    58.5%

    I don't really understand his problem? How do you puke from sore muscles?
  10. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204222
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    89.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    I've never had a good tolerance for lactic acid. Now I'm not in amazing shape, but I can run 1.5 miles in about 10 minutes, so it's not like i'm a fat **** who cant move.

    Even as I train the same and do the same runs my tolerance never gets any better and I almost always puke from it on my runs.


    Any ideas for me?
    It comes from an inability to disperse accumulated LA from working muscles- conditioning helps (you can teach your body how to do this), as well as certain supps. I have the same problem when we do really rough workouts- 300's at 75% and higher, intervals, and some of our circuits just about lay me out.

    The first day of fall conditioning this year we did 90s runs- basically, you are trying to run as far as possible in 90 seconds. It doesn't seem like much, but it fukcs you up pretty bad- you are trying to shoot for around the 600m mark. You see guys puking and just getting laid out on the track left and right after 5 sets- some guys get the LA burn so back that they lock up, and just sit there and cramp up and can't move- track can be brutal


    Phosphate will help as well, and creatine has some lactic acid buffering qualities as well- and Coug's suggestion of Beta-Al and Cit. Malate is golden- they help me a TON on longer sprints- simple and complex carbs pre-workout, along with RPM and Drive seem to help the most.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  11. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Total Muscle Fatigue really really sucks.

    lol
  12. Senior Member
    asianbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1808
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    58.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    It comes from an inability to disperse accumulated LA from working muscles- conditioning helps (you can teach your body how to do this), as well as certain supps. I have the same problem when we do really rough workouts- 300's at 75% and higher, intervals, and some of our circuits just about lay me out.

    The first day of fall conditioning this year we did 90s runs- basically, you are trying to run as far as possible in 90 seconds. It doesn't seem like much, but it fukcs you up pretty bad- you are trying to shoot for around the 600m mark. You see guys puking and just getting laid out on the track left and right after 5 sets- some guys get the LA burn so back that they lock up, and just sit there and cramp up and can't move- track can be brutal


    Phosphate will help as well, and creatine has some lactic acid buffering qualities as well- and Coug's suggestion of Beta-Al and Cit. Malate is golden- they help me a TON on longer sprints- simple and complex carbs pre-workout, along with RPM and Drive seem to help the most.
    Concur with the above recommendations: cit malate, Beta alanine, bcaas and some good quality carbs (even some fruit too like bananas) might help.
  13. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Even as I train the same and do the same runs my tolerance never gets any better and I almost always puke from it on my runs.


    Any ideas for me?
    Yes, we need details. What's your workout regimen?
  14. New Member
    Soopaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    226
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    93.8%

    I'd personally go with the following, its what I do for swim practice:

    60 minutes before:
    Shake with a scoop or so of whey + BCAAs (either bulk BCAAs, xtend, or purple wraath)
    30 minutes before
    5g Citrulline malate
    2-3g beta alanine
    2g ALCAR

    After doing this for about a week and half you're really gonna notice how little lactic acid build up there is. When I do a set for swim practice, such as 10x100s, the last 100 feels just about as good as the first one.
  15. Registered User
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1303
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    9.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I run three miles a day four times a week and I am fine but when I do my military PT test and I run my two miles I always chuck or feel like I might. I always push myself more when I am timed. I am going to try some of these suggestions and see if they help me too.
  16. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soopaman View Post
    I'd personally go with the following, its what I do for swim practice:

    60 minutes before:
    Shake with a scoop or so of whey + BCAAs (either bulk BCAAs, xtend, or purple wraath)
    30 minutes before
    5g Citrulline malate
    2-3g beta alanine
    2g ALCAR

    After doing this for about a week and half you're really gonna notice how little lactic acid build up there is. When I do a set for swim practice, such as 10x100s, the last 100 feels just about as good as the first one.
    You shoudl be unstoppable with that stack
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. lactic acid training for fat loss
    By gym88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
  2. Lactic Acid article
    By Gmonkey in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 10:07 AM
  3. Anything for speeding up healing of inflammation?
    By xcendo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
  4. What do you all eat, if anything, for dessert?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 02:22 AM
  5. Lactic Acid- Pros & Cons
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 04:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in