plz include brand name as well

don't just say Casein or ZMA
which one by which company?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Abyss by Nimbus gives me amazing sleep. It's the best stuff I've used. I've used melatonin but I'm not a big fan because I feel like crap in the morning.

rdj6107

Awards
optimum nutrition - zma
optimum nutrition - casein w/water
higher power nutrition - gaba
swanson vitamins brand - L-arginine

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
X-Dreams

I have a buddy that has major back problems causing him pain and after popping a couple of these has no problems dozing off.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
PowerFull for me. :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anybody else find it funny that half of the responses are in the middle of the night/early morning, lol.

USP Labs REM (RIP) was pretty damn good and Powerfull seems to work well too.

Off to bed!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else find it funny that half of the responses are in the middle of the night/early morning, lol.
'Cause I am out of PowerFULL! :D

RonPaul

Awards
some are saying melatonin

i didn't mean sups that help u sleep lol
but sups that make u grow while sleeping

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, sorry about that. I thought you meant to help sleep as well. I can't really contribute any gains to something that I took as a night-time supplement.

'Cause I am out of PowerFULL! :D
:nono:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ALRI Venom Lean Dreams for sleep and cortisol control.

foggia

foggia

Awards
Powerfull and venom lean dreams both worked very well for me.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Booty, My Wifes. I get a good workout Abs, Legs. And then I sleep like a rock.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Booty, My Wifes. I get a good workout Abs, Legs. And then I sleep like a rock.
:D Bama, I'm a big fan of yours...

I have to say, I feel like I grew a little extra while taking GABA. I don't see many people in this forum talking about it, but I may have gotten an extra pound from it. I was on a bulking diet, taking my usual staples and CM. Then I threw in GABA and kept everything else the same. It wasn't like a blew up or anything, but I feel like it boosted my growth.

In fact, I'm going to order another bottle for my next bulk!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Don't get it confised though.... any supplement that improves sleep can ultimately aid in growth and recovery. They go hand in hand.

RonPaul

Awards
:D Bama, I'm a big fan of yours...

I have to say, I feel like I grew a little extra while taking GABA. I don't see many people in this forum talking about it, but I may have gotten an extra pound from it. I was on a bulking diet, taking my usual staples and CM. Then I threw in GABA and kept everything else the same. It wasn't like a blew up or anything, but I feel like it boosted my growth.

In fact, I'm going to order another bottle for my next bulk!
is it worth it?
buying another bottle when u are unsure that you gain maybe only a pound?

But I heard that Gaba gives you lucid dreams and it takes time to gain weight.

but Gaba is a brain stimulus, it can mess up brain cells i heard.

a friend of mine took it, and he got lucid dreams
problems is after 3months of continued use, he started to have lucid dreams even while being awake, meaning hallucinations kind of.

sometimes we'd be in the car and he would be like, Hey did you see a flying dog? Or Hilary Clinton has attractive legs, crazy things like that

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i been using for a few days now 1-carboxy i love that stuff at 2.4gr every night i might add another 1.6gr during the day to improve mood.

i also liked IGF-2

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
is it worth it?

problems is after 3months of continued use, he started to have lucid dreams even while being awake, meaning hallucinations kind of.

sometimes we'd be in the car and he would be like, Hey did you see a flying dog? Or Hilary Clinton has attractive legs, crazy things like that
I have heard of the dream thing too, but I had none of that. And I don't buy that anybody was having hallucinations while awake because of GABA. That just seems ridiculous. "Mess up" brain cells? What does that even mean?

But I cycle anything, including GABA, that I don't consider a staple. It won't even take me much more than a month to get through a bottle, then I'll take a break. And Lanbane is correct, anything that helps you sleep should help with growth... hence the reason I think GABA works pretty well. I slept like a baby.

And don't scoff at 1 pound. 1 lean pound on top of the rest of my gains during a bulk while changing nothing else regarding my diet, supplementation, or training? Yeah, I'll take that. It's not like GABA is expensive and I can tell it did SOMETHING positive. Which is more than can be said for a lot of supps out there.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you have insomnia, but I had a severe episode recently. I tried everything including powerfull, abyss, somnidgren, neurobalance, zma, mega sleep aid, benedryl, even 2x ambien and nothing worked well. I must say that neurobalance had the most relaxing effect, but I still did not get a deep sleep.

A saliva test confirmed my cortisol was spiking at night. My midnight cortisol was actually higher than morning! My symptoms correlated-- tired all day with more energy at night.
So, I started taking Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) + Relora + Ashwaghanda to reduce cortisol at night and am finally getting some zzz's. Now I can re-try some of those other products. I am also planning to try some Retain2 which suppresses cortisol.

I just thought I'd throw this story in, because if your cortisol rhythm is messed up, you simply can't get a good nights sleep without a potent sedative.

-Lean

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
where does one get these saliva tests to check their cort? thanks

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-theanine is nice for evening relaxation or any relaxation during the day. I use it at evening time currently. Good for winding down

Gaba works for sure

For stronger effects Phenibut

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
2 caps leviathan, 4 caps RPM works well for me.

(if I were nocturnal, that is :)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you have insomnia, but I had a severe episode recently. I tried everything including powerfull, abyss, somnidgren, neurobalance, zma, mega sleep aid, benedryl, even 2x ambien and nothing worked well. I must say that neurobalance had the most relaxing effect, but I still did not get a deep sleep.

A saliva test confirmed my cortisol was spiking at night. My midnight cortisol was actually higher than morning! My symptoms correlated-- tired all day with more energy at night.
So, I started taking Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) + Relora + Ashwaghanda to reduce cortisol at night and am finally getting some zzz's. Now I can re-try some of those other products. I am also planning to try some Retain2 which suppresses cortisol.

I just thought I'd throw this story in, because if your cortisol rhythm is messed up, you simply can't get a good nights sleep without a potent sedative.

-Lean
Yikes. Any idea why your system got so out of whack?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I like to stack zma and phenibut nightly myself. L-dopa is also great before bed.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The Abyss" by nimbus nutrition hands down. Stuff is amazing!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ZMK, Somnidren-GH, and X-Dreams are on my 'to do' list.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Millennium Sport Technologies Somnidren-GH and ALRI Lean Dreams have worked well for me.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
kidding right?
i bet it would work great if your not kidding...
You'd be surprised, tryptophan is very effective IN but does not last very long.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
is it worth it?

So many statements, so few of them correct.

If your friend is having hallucinations, its not because he supplemented with GABA.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If your friend is having hallucinations, its not because he supplemented with GABA.
Wow, you ain't kidding! :blink:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Millennium Sport Technologies Somnidren-GH and ALRI Lean Dreams have worked well for me.
Whats up buddy! Just got your pack today! Thanks man, but got a question for you, so chck your PM's!

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
protein shake followed by 50 mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride.

Edit: Gaining some much better alternatives in this thread though. as diphenhydramine hydrochloride is probably not the best idea

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
He is not crazy, Hillar Clintons legs are attractive. :)

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
where does one get these saliva tests to check their cort? thanks
Search amazon for 'zrt adrenal function'.

Saliva tests aren't all that accurate, but it can still be helpful.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Yikes. Any idea why your system got so out of whack?
I don't know for sure, about the same time I started having pain from a varicocele and low Test... maybe it started pumping cortisol due to inflammation or something. I'm planning to get an embolization surgery for it asap.

hcso37

Awards

A friend of mine has said that melatonin made him have lucid dreams, then again while he was on the roids. It seemed like melatonin actually made me dream for the first couple of nights but then I went back to not dreaming or remembering dreaming much at all. But i guess its just some funny way of your brain getting used to the substances. Whats my point I dont know just thought I would share