ATP products

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone take any of the ATP products? There are a few different ones on the market, on nutraplanet we carry this one

Elevate-ATP By: Epic Nutrition

Its one I dont see a lot of people talk about, yet i'd think it would be helpful for longer weight training sessions, or weight training sessions followed by cardio.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if I sound dumb but ATP increases stored energy for hard workouts right? So since my workouts last 3 hours to 3 and a half long, would this be beneficial to me? Or is it only for older people's who's ATP is declining?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, your body can only product so much ATP in so much time

In normal conditions at rest, our bodies are able to produce all the ATP we need for a healthy existence. However, in stressful conditions, such as doing strenuous high-intensity exercise or when suffering from various diseases, ATP cannot be replaced fast enough. In fact, when ATP is broken down for energy under these conditions, some of the molecules used by the cell to recycle ATP are washed out of the cell and cannot be easily replaced. When that happens, there are not enough of these compounds available to continued life of the cell, can be compromised.
So I would lean towards thinking its useful for anyone who puts their body under high stress.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks for the info.. I might try this sometime because even when I don't include wrestling practice and I'm at the gym my workouts are really intense for atleast 2 hours.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have 5 spare boxes of this..

Its what they put in Plasmajet or whatever also..

I forget to take it cos of the timing!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering fat is burned to create ATP, I don't think this would make sense as something to be taken prior to cardio.

I wonder how effective it is compared to kyno. Then again, I wonder how effective kyno really is. :p

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Considering fat is burned to create ATP, I don't think this would make sense as something to be taken prior to cardio.

I wonder how effective it is compared to kyno. Then again, I wonder how effective kyno really is. :p
Yea, so if this is true you wont burn anythign really, depending on effectiveness.
Its like goin into a cardio day and not loosin casue you have the energy source for it since its not goin to the fat.
Maybe a good bulking supp....hahaha i kid i kid!
I almost bought some of this stuff yesterday casue it is fairly inexpensive. Good thing i dint!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established

Hmm guess I'm staying away from this then haha.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I guess the question is what the effect is if your body runs dry on ATP during a workout/cardio/endurance activity sooner if you can't replenish from fat as fast as it is being used

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess the question is what the effect is if your body runs dry on ATP during a workout/cardio/endurance activity sooner if you can't replenish from fat as fast as it is being used
You mean when you reach failure? I reckon you take a minute or two (remember to breathe) and go again.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I thought I remembered reading that it would need to be IV for it to be effective.

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
i highly doubt this would be effective, and if it did actually giveyour body ATP then I am sure the atp is supplies would be used up so fasty it wouldn't even make a difference.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Even a monster of all monster workouts will not completely deplete ATP stores. If you were doing the ironman or running a marathon or some other extreme endurance sport then its a possibility. There was a video somewhere showing this ironman athlete hitting the wall within the last few hundred yards. Unf*ckingbelievable, amazing what happens when you are drained.

here is one: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Whew, don't want to watch that... training for a half-Ironman in the summer.
Definitly interested in this product - seems real hard to find reviews though. When "Peak ATP" came out a few years back, the reviews I got around to reading had unfavorable results. Some guys experienced absolutely nothing, so they say.
I'd assume however that these products really only come into play when an endurance activity is being performed. In the weight room, I don't see many exercises taxing your system heavily enough for this product to do anything. For running however, it sounds like it could have some ground.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought I remembered reading that it would need to be IV for it to be effective.
yeah, I haven't heard much success from oral or subligual use.

...and to add to your other post, if the body runs completely out of ATP.....you die.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone take any of the ATP products? There are a few different ones on the market, on nutraplanet we carry this one

Elevate-ATP By: Epic Nutrition

Its one I dont see a lot of people talk about, yet i'd think it would be helpful for longer weight training sessions, or weight training sessions followed by cardio.
Elevate-ATP gives me a sore throat, but otherwise it is good stuff- it will give a nice little non-stim boost- if you are really looking for an ATP boost, try high-dose cordyceps and/or forskolin- Drive allows for a nice little ATP elevation, actually. :D

PS make sure you take it on an empty stomach....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, probably the cordyceps makes more sense. Not that I was necessarily planning on taking ATP, just more a question because of how little i've heard people talk about it. There is so much of hunting for the "holy grail" legal supplement that it surprised me that I can't recall seeing any threads about ATP